Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting lipstick Vanilla Truffle

Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting  lipstick Vanilla Truffle

Bought this today - quite a yummy nude on lar with MAC's hero lippie 'MYTH' but in a creamy formula - Is not long lasting as srated but has a very 'bardot-esque' look with some nude liner, so am pleased - I have soooooooooo many nude lipsticks, I do begin to wonder if I just enjoy buying new ones. The search continues, however, for THE PERFECT NUDE LIPSTICK...Is there really one???

on 5/1/2009 5:08:00 PM

My first Estee Lauder lipstick and I am officially in love. This is the best ultra nude lipstick I have found. Its creamy, moisturising and a looks gorgeous on my skintone with and without fake tan. It doesn''t make my teeth look yellow either. I have been wearing this almost constantly since purchasing and I am extremely impressed with the quality of the lipstick. I love a nude lip and this is my favourite true nude yet.

Love this nude colour! Looks great with really "done" eyes, but also anything else. Goes on quite thick, though. I like to rub it in with my pinky for a more blended-in look. Smells good, too. EDIT Still love the colour, smells awesome and all that, but really tough to wear. It always goes into the creases in to my lips and starts to look cakey. I have soft, not scraggy, lips, too. No dried skin or anything. I usually put a bit of vaseline before to try to help the drying out properties of this, but really, I just want to slap it on and go. And even then it looks crap after a short while. So beautiful when you first put it on. It's too bad. If anyone can make this work, please let me know!!!!!

on 12/12/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got it as a gift I still regret not testing on the counter before putting it on, so that I can determine if I need to return it.

The package is lovely, the smell is nice, the finish is satiny but not obnoxious, the application is easy. The texture is very creamy and I didn't like it so much, it feels extremely buttery, like it's going to melt from your body heat and it moves along the lips too much.

I don't know about the staying power, because I didn't leave the house with it. The colour makes me look dead. No kidding. Dead on my feet. Washes me out so badly it's not even funny. I should have known that. My skin leans towards fair and cool toned and I know this looks great on women with medium tan warm skin, because it looks lovely on a friend of mine with that skin. I can't explain what came over me and I tested it at home.

Tried it with a couple of different liners, but had no luck, because the lipstick pigmentation overpowers the liners. Only way to make it work was to mix it with other lipsticks, but I find that tiring. Anyway, I gave it to my friend who can use it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Ahhh my favourite nude lipstick yet! I wear it all the time it looks good with pretty much any makeup look. I wore it for my prom and had so many compliments, the packaging is very pretty, the price is reasonable (around 20) and it lasts me for ages, I don't reapply very often which is a positive so glad i found this shade!!

on 8/19/2014 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Almost the perfect nude lipstick, for me. I pair it with a mauve lipliner or else it washes me out a bit. All in all a great quality lipstick with good moisture, nice scent and satin finish. I amp it up by putting either a pink or coral lipgloss on top of it.

Lovely nude colour with a really creamy consistency.
I have really red lips and I can get away wearing this without a nude lip primer which is great if I'm in a hurry.
However I need to mix it with other nude lipsticks (MAC Hue or MAC creme d'nude) to create the perfect nude for me...so the search continues for my HG nude lipstick

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this lipstick today in bristol cribbs today in boots.
Ive become addicted to finding the perfect nude.
I applied it from the tube while sitting in passenger seat on the way home.
The distinctive taste as all estee lauder lippy's have....a nice matt texture..slightly peachy on me..
Still searching for HG nude..

on 2/5/2009 12:39:00 AM

i love love love love love loveeee this lipstick.. it is the best nude color i have ever found ..It has very nice and creamy texture and vitamins for your lips, it's totally a nude beige color without any pink..it lasts a long time look good with my tan and without!!

on 1/17/2009 8:20:00 PM

Gorgeous color!!! This has become my Holy Grail pale nude lipstick. Natural, soft, and very sexy.