Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

4.7

on 1/29/2012 5:18:00 PM

Does exactly what it's supposed to: adds texture, shine, soft hold and sculpting help. Not stiff or sticky at all once dry. Smells good too, but very mild and won't interfere with your favorite perfume. I love it. I have short hair that misbehaves sometimes, and a small dab through dry hair pretty much fixes it, without looking stiff or artificial (or, gulp, the dreaded "gel" look, yikes). Happy to have found this.

on 9/28/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was surprised at the number of reviewers who put this product throughout their whole hair. I can't imagine doing this, but maybe because I have fine, chin-length hair. My stylist used this on me to texturize/separate the ends a bit so they'd be piecy. Even though I thought it was expensive, I bought it because of the delicious smell! (Apparently not every reviewer agrees with me).

I think the smell is very natural, fresh and clean - kind of reminds me of fresh cut grass. The product is not too gummy or sticky. I just use a very tiny bit (like one-sixth the size of my pinky fingernail.) Maybe this is why it has lasted me 3 years. I also love the sleek jar which fits nicely in your palm and is sturdy. The only downside IMHO is the price, but having priced a bunch of similar products today at Ulta, this seems to be the going rate for this type of product. I wish they sold smaller jars!

on 12/6/2007 2:06:00 PM

I have short hair, a longer version of a pixie and I like to have some separation and I few spiky pieces, so I am always in search of the right product. This is a good one for separation and hold and texture, although it does make my hair dull and not so fun to touch...My HG product is called Super Ego and I get it at the salon, a little less thick.

this is awesome for fly aways and frizz. i have very thin, silky, LONG hair, but there's a lot of it and it flies and frizzes like crazy! i tried tigi after party, citrine shine mist, frizz ease and a BUNCH of other top rated and PRICED (lol) products, but they either had limited effectiveness or made my hair greasy/limp.
this product only works well on DRY hair. i tried it once when on my damp locks and it looked tragic - greasy as hell, but all you need to do w/ this is mix it (if it's warm or used on a limited basis, it tends to separate) , take a tiny amount, rub between palms and apply over the top layer of DRY hair - fantastic results! some people might not like the hemp scent though which is very strong and it sure LASTS ;) but most people who smelled the hemp in my hair, loved it :). i also find the scent a plus - it's unique and.. fine by me :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This stuff works well for a piecey, chunky look, and it adds a lot of shine to the hair. I like to use a little bit on my eyebrows to keep them in place. Plus it has a very unique, earthy, delicious scent (almost like... well, you get the idea). The texture is like thick, sticky mud.
PACKAGING: Large wide and shallow tub. Very easy to scoop out desired amount. Lid goes on tight, I haven't had it dry out any.
PRICE: About $15.00 USD from a salon.
PROS: Smells lovely, keeps hair in place

CONS: A tad chre, if you ask me. The mixture tends to separate a bit, but if you mix it back up with your fingers all is right.
SUMMARY: I like.
INGREDIENTS: Superoxide Dismutase, Lactoferin, Retinyl Palmitate Polypeptide, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Phospholipids, Corn Oligosaccharrides, Copper Oxidase, N-Acetyl Methionine, N-Acetyl Serine, Amino Acyl tRNA Synthetase, Dimethylamino Benzamidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, PED-90M, Phenoxyethanol, Methyleparaben Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Caramel, Parfum.
WILL buy again.
EDIT: I tried rubbing this into my cuticles like aprillia suggested, and it made them soft and left my nails shiny and smelling wonderful. continued >>

This is the best volume boosting product I have ever owned. When my hair is damp I apply a little to my roots and hair and blowdry and then smooth a bit all over my hair. Great volume and texture and the scent is yummy. Great product! I will definately repurchase.

Popular Styling Products