MAC Pro Longwear - Totally Boss

3.0

1 review

I rarely wear lipstick because I can't deal with the hassle of reapplying and worrying about it wearing off. Also my lips dry easily. That is why I usually wear only glosses and when I choose a lipstick it's a neutral-ish colour that won't show wear too badly. After having experimented a couple of times with Max Factor Lipfinity - the colours were off, and the product was uncomfortable to wear - I had more or less given up on long-lasting anything on my lips.

However, I had to give this a try when I passed by the MAC shop. I was a bit rushed and had no time to experiment so I picked upt Totally Boss because it didn't look too bright, too pink or too pale. Turns out this is a really flattering shade for me (yellow-toned skin colour with some pink in the cheeks, green eyes). It's a soft brick red on me, no shimmer. Understated, not bright, but somehow pulls together my look and enhances the green in my eyes. This would be a great colour for work. The gloss has a non-sticky texture and no real smell or taste (I can't taste the vanilla; anyways I prefer no taste). It does wear off more quickly than stickier glosses though. As long as there is gloss, the lipstick is very comfortable; once the gloss wears off it starts feeling a little dry but still looks perfectly fine.

I haven't worn the product long enough to say whether it really lasts on me, but will update - but so far I'm quite impressed and will definitely go back for a stronger evening colour as well. ***UPDATE: No, it doesn't wear all day. But it still wears longer than a normal lipstick on me. The downside is the frequent reapplying of the gloss. I will probably purchase a different, darker shade to really put it to the test. *** NOTE *** No7 by Boots does a knockoff of this product, the packaging is almost identical and even the subtle vanilla smell! Personally I didn't like the colour I chose - a beigey peach that turned muddy on my lips - but it's worth a look.