Wet 'n' Wild 552A Just Garnet

Wet 'n' Wild 552A Just Garnet

3.7

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Usually the wet n wild lipsticks are pretty nice especially the price but I wasn't a huge fan of this one, I constantly had to build it up to make it opaque :/. But the rest of the lipsticks are pretty good, minimal bad ones.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the best lipsticks in the silk finish line. I own quite a few of them and this one is thick, creamy, opaque, and deeply pigmented. Although I see many references to this color as a red, to me this shade is clearly I'm the berry family; a rich, lovely mulberry - quite luscious and perfect for winter. Of the three deeper silk finish colors I own: Dark Wine, Blind Date, and Just Garnet, Garnet is the best!

I bought with a bit of apprehension as some of the shimmery WnW lippies are TOO frosted. The shimmers in this give a lovely iridescence without going into blinding, settling glitter territory. They are subtle and golden-pink as opposed to silver (always a death sentence for lipsticks for me). It's a lovely effect similar to the gold shimmer in Cherry Frost, making this a great party shade for the holidays.

I'm very impressed.

on 10/21/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This lipstick is a pretty, pearly wine color with a slight shimmer. The pigmentation is good and the lasting power is moderate. It applies smoothly. You do have to reapply after food or drink, but I find that it lasts pretty well with normal wear. It didn't fade on me between application except with food and/or drink.

It feels quite slippery on my lips and I need a liner to make sure it doesn't bleed. But in all fairness, I need a liner with all my lipsticks as my skin and lips are more "mature". That's a nice way to say old!!!! The next time I think I might try applying with a lip brush as I think it would have a more controlled application.

This did not dry my lips. I paid .93 for this at WalMart. I do like the color as it compliments my fair skin tone and is great for the fall/winter months when I want more of a pop of color. i would repurchase if I used it all.

on 1/27/2014 6:06:00 PM

DUPE ALERT!! this is an exact dupe for Mac 'New York Apple'. Took some lippies off for the packaging just because 1/2 of the bullet sticks up and if you're in a hurry replacing the cap, off it comes...so I cut it down...for 68 cents it's still a great deal. Exact color and feel as NYA. A frosty, blue/red that is nice with a tan and makes teeth look really white!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When I first apply this shade of lipstick, love the rich, deep, wine colored opaque finish; however, the opaque finish fades fast into a barely there color on my lips. So much for the pop of color. The wet 'n' wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Sunset Peach isn't prone to feathering, nor bleeding, but when I apply Silk Finish Lipstick in Just Garnet, it will feather and bleed on my upper lip.

As much as I love the color and finish of Just Garnet, quality just isn't there.

First off, I wish Makeup Alley would update the picture because the new packaging is SO much prettier.

This is my red of choice. I don't look good in classic fire engine red, but this rich, deep color with it's blue/purple undertones is such a great contrast to my skin tone and natural hair color (which is hard to describe, not quite red or orange enough to be called "red" or even copper, it's lighter than brunette, but darker than strawberry blond)

I love this formula, it's so creamy but not overly thick. I love the slight gloss it has, and the staying power is phenomenal. This also is the only red I can wear that does not bleed from my lips!

And of course, the price is ridiculous. Absolute favorite dark red lipstick ever!

on 9/28/2012 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Nice deep berry-leaning-fuchsia shade. Like its almost-name-twin, 522, good for the retro vibrant lip without being truly red. Great pigmentation, okay feeling, very slightly pearled but not frosty. Tends to wear off faster than I expect, but doesn't smudge wildly or bleed.

on 9/10/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a dark berry color. It's got a nice thick silky feeling on the lips and for my coloring would be great for a high impact night shade. I'm very surprised with WnW's lineup lately and this is one of the this that has impressed me.

BUT! I will say, while the color quality and pigmentation is great, the lasting power is not fantastic, I found myself touching up in the bathroom after about every drink.

I did definitely get some compliments on the color though! worth the $.79!

on 5/25/2013 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Nice color!

Not a big fan of this blue. It doesn't give me the look that I am going for. Not much else to say, I didn't like it :/