Wet 'n' Wild 552A Just Garnet

Wet 'n' Wild 552A Just Garnet

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

First off, I wish Makeup Alley would update the picture because the new packaging is SO much prettier.

This is my red of choice. I don't look good in classic fire engine red, but this rich, deep color with it's blue/purple undertones is such a great contrast to my skin tone and natural hair color (which is hard to describe, not quite red or orange enough to be called "red" or even copper, it's lighter than brunette, but darker than strawberry blond)

I love this formula, it's so creamy but not overly thick. I love the slight gloss it has, and the staying power is phenomenal. This also is the only red I can wear that does not bleed from my lips!

And of course, the price is ridiculous. Absolute favorite dark red lipstick ever!

on 10/21/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This lipstick is a pretty, pearly wine color with a slight shimmer. The pigmentation is good and the lasting power is moderate. It applies smoothly. You do have to reapply after food or drink, but I find that it lasts pretty well with normal wear. It didn't fade on me between application except with food and/or drink.

It feels quite slippery on my lips and I need a liner to make sure it doesn't bleed. But in all fairness, I need a liner with all my lipsticks as my skin and lips are more "mature". That's a nice way to say old!!!! The next time I think I might try applying with a lip brush as I think it would have a more controlled application.

This did not dry my lips. I paid .93 for this at WalMart. I do like the color as it compliments my fair skin tone and is great for the fall/winter months when I want more of a pop of color. i would repurchase if I used it all.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When I first apply this shade of lipstick, love the rich, deep, wine colored opaque finish; however, the opaque finish fades fast into a barely there color on my lips. So much for the pop of color. The wet 'n' wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Sunset Peach isn't prone to feathering, nor bleeding, but when I apply Silk Finish Lipstick in Just Garnet, it will feather and bleed on my upper lip.

As much as I love the color and finish of Just Garnet, quality just isn't there.

on 1/27/2014 6:06:00 PM

DUPE ALERT!! this is an exact dupe for Mac 'New York Apple'. Took some lippies off for the packaging just because 1/2 of the bullet sticks up and if you're in a hurry replacing the cap, off it comes...so I cut it down...for 68 cents it's still a great deal. Exact color and feel as NYA. A frosty, blue/red that is nice with a tan and makes teeth look really white!

Not a big fan of this blue. It doesn't give me the look that I am going for. Not much else to say, I didn't like it :/

on 5/25/2013 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Nice color!

on 9/28/2012 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Nice deep berry-leaning-fuchsia shade. Like its almost-name-twin, 522, good for the retro vibrant lip without being truly red. Great pigmentation, okay feeling, very slightly pearled but not frosty. Tends to wear off faster than I expect, but doesn't smudge wildly or bleed.

on 9/10/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a dark berry color. It's got a nice thick silky feeling on the lips and for my coloring would be great for a high impact night shade. I'm very surprised with WnW's lineup lately and this is one of the this that has impressed me.

BUT! I will say, while the color quality and pigmentation is great, the lasting power is not fantastic, I found myself touching up in the bathroom after about every drink.

I did definitely get some compliments on the color though! worth the $.79!

on 9/3/2012 12:05:00 PM

This is such a gorgeous color, and the formula is just a tiny notch below Revlon--and to me they're right up there with the best. The only reason I took off 1 lippie is for the packaging, which is what I can only call utilitarian: it works, but isn't particularly nice. Plus, the name of the shade comes off when you unwrap the cellophane, although the number is still on the bottom. Still, great formula, lovely color, 99 cents--you can't go wrong. I went ahead and got a backup in case this gets dc'd. It's that good.

on 12/21/2011 5:45:00 PM

I was lemming for a red to match my Zoya Eve nail color. As I don't wear red lips ever, I only wanted to spend a little cash and Wet n Wild doesn't test on animals so I thought I'd give them a try. The fuschia-red color is sooo lovely, there's a slight sheen and I like the sheer look when I blot my lips together, very polished without being harsh or intense. Loving this pretty color!