L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche - Sunset Red

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche - Sunset Red

4.7

Wow, just picked this up today and have to say I think it will end up in my Top 3 Reds. Not to brown or orangey but a good pick for a warm toned gals who are fair/med toned. You still get a vivid, pin up girl creamy red without the pink factor you have to deal with in so many other red lipstick shades. Very impressed by this, for $5-6 it's a keeper! Only downside, I wish L'Oreal lipsticks didn't have that funky scent and that's why I deducted 1 lippie.

on 5/3/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this might be one of those reds that anyone can wear, although I'm no expert. It does have a warmer tone to it but man does it look good. It's a very pigmented, lasting red and not for the faint of heart. No bleeding which is a biggie for me these days. Definitely a repurchase for me.

on 3/27/2009 6:47:00 AM

When I was looking for a Red lipstick - I didn't know it would be a daunting task!! There are sooo many variations with different hues - it was a journey to say the least!

I encountered this red by a serendipitous moment. I was initially purchasing another red lipstick by L'Oreal but someone put this (sunset red) lipstick on the top of the other lipstick slot. So, I picked it up - thinking it was the other lipstick - and didn't notice until I got home. Nonetheless, I tried this anyway and WOW this is a Vibrant powerful Red shade! I decided to keep this!

It does have a warmer tone to it but it's not a powerful Orangey color. This is almost like a neutral red with a HINT of warmth. This really is a powerful color red!! It's very flattering and brings out the the best coloring in my complexion.

I have tried other red lipsticks and they are either too orange, too pink, too blue, too brown - it's pretty hard to match the perfect red to someone's complexion. It's a continual process...

This lipstick has staying power! It doesn't have the shine as other lipsticks or glosses... it's a perfect moist matte red lipstick. It's really pretty! For those with a pale complexion, with yellow undertones... give this a try... if it doesn't work - you can always return it!