NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Angel

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Angel

on 4/17/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a gift. I didn't expect much from it at all, as I've found drugstore blush to previously be very "miss" for me. I was surprised to find that this lasted for at least as long as my Dior Rosy Glow Blush... I actually think this might even be longer lasting than the Dior... I'm not quite sure whether this is because of the formula though, or because I can work the NYX blush into my skin/foundation because it's lighter. I DO know that some of the darker shades of this blush last through the whole day on me though

The color is really pretty: a light peachy pink, but without a white base, which means it doesn't "pale out" my skin. Peachy pink is the only type of peach that works for my NC20 yellow skin. I really like that the color is so light because it makes it easy to apply and doesn't get blotchy on me. Unlike some people below, I don't have any issues with pigmentation - I only tap my brush in this a few times, and that is enough for both cheeks

The only thing I really dislike about this blush is the packaging: it's very bulky for the amount of product... it could easily fit into a box half the thickness. Otherwise, I totally recommend it

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Angel is one of the first blushes I ever bought, and it holds a special place in my heart. For the first few years I wore makeup, I thought blush was completely unnecessary. Oh, how foolish I was! Blush is probably my favorite product category besides lipstick now, because it really makes a huge difference in how polished I look. Angel is a pale, cool pink matte blush that really just adds the right amount of color to my cheeks without ever looking ruddy or overdone. The pigment level is perfect, and it sits nicely on the skin. It doesn't have any shimmer or glitter in it, though a few of these NYX powder blushes are shimmery. The formula is really nice for the price, and the outer packaging is simple but still somewhat elegant. If I ever happened to use this up, I would buy another one--though I doubt that would happen based on the size of my stash and the fact that I have already had this blush for probably eight years or more.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am currently in love with this blush. I am relatively new to blushes since I used to use my lipsticks to bring colour to my cheeks, but since nowadays I switch more to liquid lipsticks than the regular ones, I began to look for subtle, peachy blushes. I stumbled upon this blush in a discount store called Saga in France and I paid only 4 euros for this. The colour is soft peach, beautiful and perfect for daily application. Since I love wearing bold lips, this kind of subtle blush is perfect to bring balance to my make up look. The studded shape of the pan is also another thing that attracts me towards it. I usually apply it with my Real Techniques blush brush and it applies super pretty.

on 11/28/2015 7:29:00 PM

I don't get the love. I am pale and I like pale blushes - Benefit Dandelion is a favourite I need to repurchase - but this just doesn't show up. It's hard to even get it to swatch on a finger (I ordered online). Only positive is the low price. Giving it away, as it does nothing for me.

on 11/25/2015 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I couldn't find this color in stores so I bought it from Amazon. Computer color vs. real life is always a gamble, but this looks soooo pretty. It's a peachy pink that looks like my natural blush. My first purchase of this line was the color Pinched and liked it, but I had to use a light hand with that color because it's very saturated on me. This is subtle so I could put it on without fear of over-applying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This barely shows up on me. It's a pretty color in the pan but then doesn't show up on my face. So very meh.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a nice blush. It is a subtle colour and goes well with most of my makeup. Definitely one of the blushes I will use when I don't want to focus on my cheeks. Very suitable for office wear as the finish of the blush is rather matte. The quality of the blush is awesome for the price too!

The only downside is the compact that this blush came in is very hard to open. I haven't experienced this with other NYX products, so I probably just got a dud.

on 1/18/2015 12:16:00 PM

I am not a blush person at all but i saw it at target and was like i need you. This is my perfect shade of peachy pink it looks matte in the pan and on the cheeks its as if theres a slight sheen-which i like . So beautiful and the price is amazing

on 11/19/2014 3:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this is such a "meh" blush for me, yet irreplaceable. one reviewer said she liked to use it when she didn't want to focus on her cheeks. this is that blush, definitely. it's very boring for me. it is a dusty pinky-peach on me. it doesn't do much for my skintone (super pale olive.) it also doesn't offend my skintone! it's got a very slight satin sheen finish to it, but nothing noticeable at all unless someone is looking at your face with a microscope.

i can't give it a 4, but anything less than a 3 would be dishonest. it serves its purpose as a cheap, kinda-NARS-ey blush. it's easy to wear, easy to blend, seems to stay put mostly.

for the price point? fantastic. i wouldn't call it the perfect pale skin blush, though!

on 10/3/2014 8:37:00 AM

Hmmm there must be a number of different incarnations of this blush because the one I have doesn't match the descriptions provided in a lot of these reviews!

The Angel that I have is a matte product- no shimmer at all. It's a light peach colour. Nothing to get too excited about in the pan. The problem with shades like these is that their formulas tend to be really powdery/chalky, which I find intensely annoying- I want to wear the product, not inhale it! This one isn't too bad in that respect at all.

On my skin the colour payoff is mild- but buildable. I find it perfect for those days when you want to wear a look that isn't all about the cheeks- or as a subtle accompaniment to a contour. I'm finding it hard to think of anything else to say about it really! It's a pleasant, gentle, peach. On me it doesn't swing orange but I think this is largely subject to your own skin chemistry/undertones so results may vary in that regard (as they always do!)

I suppose at this price point - 6, there are better blushes out there in terms of pigmentation, quality, packaging- Sleek comes to mind. Boots 17 is just over half the price of the NYX and would win out on all accounts.... But I think it deserves the 4* star rating. Sometimes the ordinary shades are just as important as the show stoppers and I think it's great to have more budget lines producing matte finish blushes.

P.s- If you're in the UK, NYX is stocked by NEXT, the clothing retailer. I had no idea of this until recently! So check the NYX website for the stores that carry the makeup because it's def. going to be worth it if there are multiple versions of a single item as there appears to be for this blush!

Popular Blush Products