Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.2

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Can be a great mascara, but you need to put some work in!

-Clean and defined application, provided you're skilled at using the applicator (not me!)
-Takes time getting used to the applicator, which looks like a small and thin flat comb in a crescent shape
-Thin flat applicator works for hard-to-reach lashes
-Wet formula, takes a while to dry and tends to glob on, but if you will take the time to separate lashes and distribute the product, it can look GOOD!
-I'm no good at using the applicator, so I tend to glob it on and then use a spoolie to brush off excess product, which distributes the mascara evenly and nicely and creates definition
-Nice dark black pigment
-Wears well, looks as good as a fresh application at the end of a long day
-No flaking off
-Easy clean up with a q-tip if you get any on your skin
-Fibre-based formula which sticks to the very fine tips of lashes to give lengthening effect
-Unfortunately uncurls my stick straight Asian lashes. Lashes need to be EXTRA curled with an eyelash curler before applying this, to account for its uncurling properties (I fail to understand why there are all these reviews raving about how it holds curls very well. It doesn't.

To make this product work for me, I need to:
-over-curl my lashes so much that it almost touches my eyelids
-apply Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base (the best primer I have encountered for holding eyelash curls)
-quickly brush through the lashes with a spoolie to for a clean primer base
-allow the base to dry thoroughly (this is a good time to do bottom lashes)
-apply Majolica Majorca Lash Expander. It can even uncurl Shiseido Mascara base, which is why I recommend over-curling your lashes before applying the base. Lash Expander doesn't dry very quickly, which is OK though, because it gives me time to:
-brush through the mascara with a spoolie to separate lashes for a clean application

Shame about the uncurling, but overall I would repurchase. The application can lengthen and darken eyelashes with a clean, defined and glossy look, if you're willing to spend the extra few minutes with a spoolie to work the product through the lashes. I'm not sure how the applicator could be improved, but it would be nice not having to use a spoolie.

If you just want a mascara that is quick and easy to apply, this is probably not for you.

on 5/31/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My review is for the Edge Meister. This is the ultimate mascara for short sparse lashes.
If you want natural looking longer lashes, just apply this mascara solely but only for a layer or two as it does have a tendency to clump. Good thing about this mascara is that it holds the curl of eyelashes curled by an eyelash curler, unlike other mascaras that tend to flatten the curled lashes.
For extra volume, add a coat of a volumizing mascara on top of this mascara as this mascara does not give excellent dramatic volume to your lashes. This is a trick I learned from StyleSuzi from YouTube and it works like a charm. For most days, I find that just coating my lashes with this mascara is enough as I opt for a more natural look.

on 1/31/2014 10:26:00 PM

I love this mascara. this is definitely my HG. I have short and straight lashes to begin with so lengthening and waterproof mascara is a big must for me. I bought this because i've heard sooo many good reviews about it so I bought it and I fell in love with this mascara.

First, It lengthens my lashes like no other, I don't even have to use falsies. It contains fibers in it so when you apply this mascara the fibers will stick to your lashes and make them super long that sometimes my lashes can reach my brow. It's not super volumizing though, but i don't really care since I'm just fine with only long lashes.

Second, the formula of this mascara is just like the best. It's super waterproof and smudge proof! I never ever get pandas eyes whenever I use this mascara (and i do have oily lids and i also rub my eyes so much) It also holds the curl like no other. My lashes always still look amazing and perfectly curl and long at the end of the day. The mascara is not super wet too which is great because wet mascaras tend to weight down the lashes and uncurl them (like fiberwig), but it's not super thick that it clumps your lashes.

Third, the brush of this mascara is really nice. It's not too big so it doesn't get into everywhere when you apply you mascara. It is really easy to apply on the bottom lashes too. The brush itself has like 2 parts. Both look like a comb but the other one is neater. So you're supposed to use the straight comb-like brush first to get the product to your lashes and then use the curved neater brush to really separate the lashes. I like the idea of the brush so much. It makes your lashes super super long without makes them clump. The brush also allows you to get every single lashes and also add more lengths to the end of the lashes.

Fourth, the packaging of this mascara is super gorgeous. It looks super expensive and luxurious. It also has the right size so you always can put in on your purse. Although the packaging is super nice, it's super affordable. It's around 20$, maybe it's not super cheap but the other top mascaras (such as dior, ysl, lancome) cost super super expensive and plus you can use this mascara like forever. I have mine over maybe 2 years (I don't use it everyday though) now and it's still pretty good although it starts to get easily clumpy( and yes i'm about to buy another one now).

The only bad side of this mascara is it takes FOREVER to remove. You have to use a really strong eye makeup remover to take this off unless it won't budge. To remove it, I usually soak my cotton pad with eye makeup remover and then place it on my eyes for 15-20 seconds and then rub it a bit (I know i'm supposed to remove my eye makeup very gently but this mascara is a bad girl) until the mascara comes off and then remove the leftover mascara with my sherbet type cleanser (banilla co clean it zero, this stuff is AMAZING, i also use this to remove my base makeup) and then wash it off.

Seriously, give this mascara a try, you will fall hard!!:):)~

on 6/6/2013 8:29:00 PM

I find this mascara fulfilling it's lengthening claims, but not by much.
Not a big fan of the comb-like brush, or maybe just the formula that annoys me, which did not give any volume...maybe I'm asking too much from a lengthening mascara?
Not a big pain to remove if you have Kose Softymo eye makeup remover + Kiss me mascara removal gel. must have both though.
Disappointing curling effects, i have very soft lashes and i dont find this curling at all, even when i use an electric heated lash curler, the mascara fails to keep the shape in place. Fairy drop mascara does a good job in keeping curls, but it's dry and flaky looking + low pigmentation.
Not my holy grail.
It's kinda ok in terms of price though.

I read a blogger's review on this and she said she liked it after it had been open for a month or two because it is such a watery formula. She was right! I hated it the first few times I used it. It didn't do anything great for me. I put it aside and after a few months I tried it again and actually liked it. It held my curl better than other mascaras and added volume and length. It doesn't smudge at all. The holding power is better than. waterproof as you cannot even get this off with an oil cleanser! Yikes! I read that you can use conditioner to help remove it and that works. I use it occasionally but not too often because of the work involved with removal. I don't like tugging on my eye area too much to remove eye products. I won't repurchase again. It isn't easy to get this product anyway.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My HG mascara. I know it's HG when I keep going back to it after using Fiberwig, lashblast, dollywink.

It has crazy lengthening power but is not volumising. Works for me since I already have lots of lashes. Might not work for girls with sparse lashes because it can give the spider-leg look.

The only problem is that it's hard to remove. However, I have baby oil for that!

on 8/26/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this mascara is okay. It adds length to my lashes but it is not noticeable because it does not do anything for volume, cannot layer coats because it clumps on my lashes and make them stick together so it is strictly one layer. It is a bit waterproof but (regular water) doesnt hold well in water, there are bits of mascara that will fall off and will stick around the eye area (sea water) so not very waterproof.

the packaging is very pretty, but the price is quite expensive. Will not repurchase.

on 2/12/2012 10:21:00 PM

Think everybody below has said it all, but this really is the best mascara i've tried in a long time. Bought mine over in Thailand when I was on holiday, and I got it for roughly 7 which is a decent drugstore price. It lasted all day for me in Thailand's heat and humidity, I was very impressed. It keeps my curl in place all day, as well as lengthening my short lashes very nicely. Since coming back to London, I use this over another volumizing mascara because thats one thing I find that it lacks. This combination gives me amazing thick, long eyelashes with the curl kept in place for the day. And you know thats so hard to find in a mascara! Also, you need a good eye make up remover cos it really is stubborn to take off. Cleansing oil works a treat for me. Stupidly, I only bought one back home with me which I'm super regretting as its so expensive to buy online from overseas in the UK.

on 2/7/2012 10:34:00 PM

Best mascara I have tried compared to Lancome, Clinique and Dior. The best thing is it holds my curl all day and makes my lashes super long. I am so impressed that I have told everyone I know about this mascara.

on 11/27/2010 7:52:00 AM

I opened the mascara and used it yesterday for the first time. The texture is quite dry, not wet/ gooey like other mascaras so I do like it. Its got those fibers stuff on it, but not too much though, just a small bit, which suits me fine because those with heavy fibers, like Dejavu Fiberwig tends to clump on me, and weighs down my lashes. The brush is comb applicator type, with half side of the comb in the normal comb shape you see as most mascaras with comb applicator carry, and the other half in a semi circle comb with shorter bristles facing out. There is some kind of instruction at the back of the package that teaches how the mascara should be applied, but its in Japanese which I can't read, so I just use it my own way.

Application: The semi circle part of the comb applicator is harder to maneuver as it can't seem to get the lashes all at once in a single stoke, I have to repeat at different angels to get all the lashes.

Effect: It seems to hold a curl pretty well, which is essential for me. It is not easy for me to find mascaras that hold a curl well as I have stubborn lashes so I do recommand this mascara for people whose lashes have trouble holding a curl. My lashes were also lengthened. However, this mascara does not volumise lashes, which doesn't bother me since I am more into strong curl holding power and lengthening.

Removal: It is harder to remove than the other mascaras I have used, I need more eye makeup removal than usual, but that's not a big issue with me.

Overall: I like this mascara and might re-purchase if I see it on promotion. Otherwise, I would go back to SANA mascara as I find the wand more applicator friendly.

Update: Having used this mascara for several weeks now, I can say it definitely holds a curl better than ones that I did like and thought performed pretty well too (like Bourjois's Yes to voulume, no to clumps, and SANA). However, I hate how its pretty messy to apply. No matter how careful I am, somehow someway, it seems to get onto my eyelids on certain days. That's really the only complain I have though.