Babyliss Pro TT Tourmaline 5000 Hairdryer

No Image

4.4

on 3/22/2017 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My review is for the "3000" version not listed.

My stylist used this on me years ago and I loved how soft and shiny it left my hair. I immediately bought one and have had it for 10 YEARS with zero issues, and I have not treated it preciously.

Last month, I noticed my stylist still had this dryer in rotation. I told her I still used it too and she said that despite all of the newer technology, it's still in her top 3 dryers of all time because it doesn't burn the hair, gives a ton of shine and gives a hell of a blowout. Her other favorite is the Elchim Professional 2001 but she said it's way too strong for everyday use but is great for a solid salon blowout. I actually own that one too and had to stop using it. Despite the fact that it had the strength of a hurricane and dried my entire head of hair in under 2 minutes - it came with the consequence of drying my hair terribly, not to mention - its super heavy and clunky.

This dryer is lightweight, sturdy, dries hair quickly without burning, delivers a ton of shine, and the cool button is actually cold.

All and all, it is fantastic and if it died tomorrow, I would order another without hesitation.

This is for the "3000" model which isn't listed. My local Harmon Face Values didn't have a very good selection or the model that I wanted. This was great and my hair was actually improved, until this morning, I've had it for about 2 weeks now, I go to plug it in and the second the prongs hit the outlet it makes a horrible buzzing sound and starts smoking if you leave it there. Tried other outlets in the house and other appliances and it is definitely the dryer plug that is the problem. Lovely. Returning today and taking the chance on another one but if it happens again I think I'm off the brand. Btw, the only things that need warranties are things that are guaranteed to break down.
(Aaaand I just read the other reviews and see that they are prone to breaking. NOT. AWESOME.)
**UPDATE** So I got another of the same one and the plug has been ok but I've tried to be careful with it. It does dry my hair very quickly and has a strong air flow and fairly good heat settings. But I've found that my hair has gotten pretty dry, despite spraying thermal heat protection and Infusium repair and renew spray in it before drying. I think it is healthier than when I've used any other hair dryer in my lifetime. I'll stick with the brand.

on 3/22/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

OMG, I love this dryer. I ordered it from Amazon and it came today. I washed my POB and dried it in less than 10 minutes, about 5 actually. The weight is great, the price was so good. I should have bought 2. Thanks MUA.

on 10/24/2011 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've never thought I could dry my hair every day but with this dryer I can: fast, easy to use, leaves my hair smooth. I bought this because it was the cheapest out of the Rusk Speed Freak and the Babyliss Carerra that I was considering. A lot of surprises with this one. First, this dryer is very lightweight and small enough for traveling with, though I wish the grip were fatter with something grippy like rubber. It dries my shoulder blade length hair in less than 4 minutes. My hair is not fried or dried out at all, just as smooth as if I air dried it. The air that comes out of it feels strangely cool, the barrel and the handle stay cool but it dries my hair faster than dryers that burn me, throw heat everywhere, and overheat me.

on 1/23/2009 9:49:00 PM

I got this hairdryer as a gift. True. Its the best one I've ever had. Dried my long hair in less than 5 to 7 minutes on "warm" without frizz... soft, silky and shiny... Light. Without any product even. My hair has a little bit of wave in it. When I use this hairdryer + product + a little finger-tugging, smoothing action... my hair is straight and smooth. The "cool" button is easy to press.

Unfortunately, it broke on me after only six months. It just stopped working one day. ANd God knows, I tried in vain to look for any support/ exchange/ warranty considering it was bought for around $80+. No success there. SO I am very, very disappointed. :( ANd so heartbroken, I've been keeping my dead babybliss around and refusing to buy another hairdryer...

on 10/11/2008 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best hair dryer I've ever owned. I have medium length, thin fine hair so drying is relatively easy for me. But I love this because I can get a lot of air flow without a lot of heat if I want it, but I can also get the heat and the giant air flow when I need that, which is less frequent. But I just love the huge amount of air that comes out of it, plus it's comfortable to hold, not too loud for my sensitive widdoo ears, and I like the metallic red color.

on 5/29/2008 6:45:00 PM

Now that I'm no longer in med school and have a salary, I allowed myself to buy a high-end hair dryer. After looking at extensive reviews, I decided on this one and purchased it from Amazon.com ($90 including S&H). My hair is much silkier after using this and my long fine hair gets dry in 4 minutes flat. The dryer doesn't even need to get that hot (I keep it on the cool or medium settings). The positioning of the buttons doesn't bother me at all, but I can see where it may be awkward for some. This is the best tool purchase I've bought since my Sapphire straightening iron. :)
UPDATE 4/7/09 -- After 1 year of daily use, IT BROKE!!! So disappointed!!! It just randomly stopped working and got screaching loud. I can't say I recommend this dryer anymore. Will move on to a Rusk dryer (crossing my fingers).

on 3/9/2008 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

What a difference a hair dryer can make!
It might not be fair to say that this actual dryer made the difference, maybe any simular type would have, but since getting this dryer from Amazon, my hair looks and feels so much healthier. Best of all, I was able to break the silicone-cycle. Yep, shiney smooth hair, without the drying and build-up of all those dang products.
This is very light-weight dryer, but since it dries so much quicker than my funky old Conair, weight isn't really an issue. It does take some practice. It blows REAL hard, and the buttons are not in a place that I am used to, so I kept shutting it off at first.
I really beleive the damage factor will go down with the use of this dryer. Oddly, it dries way faster, but my hair doesn't' seem to get that hot. (I swear I saw smoke coming off my hair with my dryers of the past).
I have very long, highlighted, think wavy hair. I actually dont even need to touch up with the flat-iron anymore.
Hair dryers are one item that people should not skimp on. I learned that with flat irons, too.

I don't love it. I like it a lot. It's a very good blowdryer with a lot of power. My hair is fairly short and it dries it nice and easy. No spectacular results, but good results. I'd buy it again.

on 2/3/2008 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received this dryer free with purchase of the matching iron. What a steal!!! It is great!

Popular Hair Styling Tools