Youngblood Liquid Mineral Foundation

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, Reduced Salt Deep Sea Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyoxyethylene, Methylpolysiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Lauryl PGG/PEG-18/18 Methicone, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Magnolia Biondii Bark Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Thujopsis Dolabrata Branch Extract, Allantoin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Natural Fragrant Essential Oils- Lemon, Orange, Ylang-Ylang). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've searched high and low for the perfect foundation/powder and I've found it in Youngblood's Liquid Mineral Foundation. I have dry skin (not severe) and am always looking for something that is gentle, moisturizing, but not too heavy and thick. YB's liquid foundation is sooo wonderful in that it gives you a creamy finish that leaves your skin baby soft, but doesn't feel heavy at all. It has moderate to medium coverage and has a silky smooth and light texture that comes out of a pump. Not to mention it contains ingredients that are beneficial to my skin. I don't even need a very good moisturizer under it to get a nice finish. I'd think people with oilier skin can wear this alone (or with a light moisturizer) and look perfect with it. I cannot compliment this foundation enough. Usually moisturizing foundations with medium coverage give me away as having tons of makeup on (because they're usually heavier), but this looks really natural and doesn't feel icky at all. It is hard to find and is about $37 online, but it's definitely worth it. I've tried soooo many foundations and powders I can open my own version of Sephora. But my search is finally over. I just wish more places would carry this. IMO, this is much better than any Bare Escentuals and Jane Iredale products I've tried.

I received a generous sampling of this in various colors. Golden Tan was the best color match for my MMM beige/yellow skin. I'm normally a TM girl, or use foundation only where needed, but I really like the idea of a natural, mineral mu. So far, none of the liquid versions have worked for me. This is no exception. Coverage is a little too thick and chalky looking, even after mixing with moisturizer or primer. Settled into every pore and every tiny line on my face, and then some I didn't even know I had until I used this! Blech. I was also a oil slick within 2 hours. While I do have mostly oily skin, I rarely have to blot with my normal TM or mu. Glad I just got samples.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

IMO this is an easier liquid mineral foundation to work with than Jane Iredale or Illuminare. On my LLL skin (n/d w/ rosacea) this spreads fairly easily but 8 hours later, I notice some flakiness emphasized, and some slight pooling in my pores and fine lines so not a homerun. Also had some heavy feeling in the T-Zone while coverage on chin was gone. Coverage overall is on a lighter side so if you have serious coverage needs you're going to need a concealer which I don't usually need with JI. Colors are limited but I found 1 that works on my LLL warm-toned skin: Shell. (For reference: BB sand, Chantecaille vanilla, Lorac M3, LM warm ivory.) I had a time finding this. Went to a spa in my area that supposedly carried but they were phasing out so while I did sample there I had to order online. Price I paid was comparable to JI.

Here are the ingredients: Water, cyclomethicone, titanium dioxide, hexyl laurate, glycerin, polyoxyethylene methylpolysiloxan, dimethicone, vinyl dimethicone, butylene glycol, reduced salt deep sea water, iron oxides, sodium chloride, iron oxides, laurymethiconecopolyol, squalane, cactus flower extract, water, natto gum, green tea extract, sorbitan sesquioleate, butylparaben, methylparaben, calendula flower extract, propylparaben, allantoin, cucumber extract, fragrance, disodium DTA.

Note: Ingredients say fragrance but to my sensitive nose, I smell nothing. Shrug. Also spa told me this had SPF 15 but seems to be unrated per packaging.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Can this be any easier to apply? I usually have to carefully apply and then blend-blend-blend. This is one of the easiest makeup products. I have this in shell and have combo skin. I do not need to use a moisturizer with this. I have large pores around my nose area and always use Clinique instant pore perfector before applying this. When I first switched to this, family and friends kept complimenting me on how improved my skin looks. My DH doesn't even know I am wearing foundation. My best tips to use with this are to exfoliate the skin weekly with AHAs/BHAs or a papaya mask; exfoliation helps mineral makeup glide on smoothly.

I have been using this product for winter and summer and I have to say that my quest for mineral makeup is OVER. Iam allergic to Bismuth so that rules out most MMU. I tried several times to use JI but could never get the color or coverage right. I also samples Pure Luxe cream and could not get the color. For reference I have normal skin some t-zone in summer and drier in winter with yellow untertones. JI in Warm Silk. Well I found a salon that sold the Youngblood and I was hooked. In the winter they gave me a sample to try and also applied one side of the face and went out into the sun. Perfect match. Went home and the next day used it. I do not need a moisterizer during the day and people comment on my skin all the time. When summer came around I got the shade "Suntan" and again a perfect match. Oh how I wish I had know about this sooner. Its great for normal/combo/dry skin but not oily. Will be using this product again and again

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

they had me at "liquid foundation that is good for the skin". nice & dewy. nice coverage. color matches my skintone (golden tan), doesn't clog my pores, i don't break out from it, and a local beauty supply store sells youngblood, so no online ordering necessary. did i mention that it's good for the skin? 'nough said. =)

I have been using mineral makeup for about 3 or 4 years after i started to breaking out. I used to use BE but it didnt match my very pale fair skin tone. I do like YB foundation powder, but I was told that the liquid foundation did not have anything other than the sea stuff and minerals. It was only after i bought it that i read on the package that it contains parabens and other harsh stuff. i have very sensitive skin and only use organic, plant based facial products. never buying this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Great over and under the rice setting powder. Good color match. Feels great. Sheer to medium coverage.

I've been using this foundation for about 2 years. I find it has a nice light coverage that it build-able when needed. My skin is very sensitive and dehydrated but acne prone. I haven't had any problems with acne breakouts or the product going on chalky. I've tried others but I always come back to this. I wear Sunkissed and it's perfect with the medium rice setting powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MINERAL MAKEUP may suitable for sensitive skin but it really show more visible on every little poresssss so obvious!!! Initial application was smooth & hydrated but after 3 hours it shine glossy. Oily skin might not suitable. Since my T-zone are oily in the mid-day, will consider to use it at night.