LUSH Almond Buttercream

No Image

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Looks-
Dark brown, with tiny seeds (like sesame, but I think they are almond), kinda looks like a slice of fudge or cake. Looks a bit gross on my washcloth and/or shower pouf.

Scent- Dessert, an almond, orange, spicy cake. Not my favorite, but not my least favorite either. Pretty neutral, you might enjoy it if you like Pud (though I wouldn't say the scents are exactly the same, but similar as far as Lush goes)

Lather/Cleansing- Lathers well when used with a shower pouf, way better than most Lush Buttercreams I'd say. I felt clean.

The above said I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 6/7/2008 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received a one-use size sample and am surprised by all of the negative reviews here. I really liked this product, especially compared to ultra-moisturizing mainstream body washes like Olay Ribbons bodywash, and Caress Moroccan... for example.

The Lush product is desserty, not too oily or sweet and has ground almond shells in it for somewhat effective exfoliation. I found it to condition my skin with a nice balance of aloe and citrus oil (+ cinnamon). Will most likely repurchase next time I make a Lush haul.

Watch out in the shower because it is slippery!

on 3/12/2007 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not great and it's not terrible. It smells a lot like Pepsi actually, rather than almonds and is nicely exfoliating. The thing is, the longer you have it, the more the smell goes sort of off - like rubber.

Popular Gels/Soaps