LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

Filtered by skin type : Oily
LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

3.4

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Infusion (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer), Snowflake Lustre Colour, Colour 61585, Colour 18050, Methylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 9/20/2012 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this product because I love the smell but it doesn't seem to linger at all. I'm also sick and tired of most of this slippery jelly ending up on the floor of my shower. I'm really not sure what they intended with this product. How are you supposed to use it? Breaking a little off at a time is really difficult and the chances of managing to lathers it up before it slips through your fingers is slim.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It is the second shower jelly that I have used (The Joy Of Jelly was my first). I love the scent, it smells like sour blackcurrants and sour cherries though Lush say that it also contains coconut and bergamont. It is really fruity and lovely. It kind of smells like a sour version of The Comforter. I think it is my favourite shower jelly. The scent lingered on my skin and I was also really suprised at how soft it left my skin. I was amazed, I didn't even want to moisturise because my skin was so soft (but I did! Haha). I use this by breaking off a little bit of the jelly by scooping it up with a plastic spoon and then breaking it up on my sponge and in my hands and it creates a LOT of lather which I love!! It is an amazing product and I would reccommend it to anyone! :D

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

i bought a big jar of this simply to wash my hair with since i love the smell and was hoping it would linger on my hair (i mean, that would be totally awesome right lol). well i dont think i need to commend on how great the smell is (smells exactly like the comforter bubble bar and you snap the whip body butter) and it has sparkles in it, yay! it lathers up well when i use it in a shower puff however for some reasons it doesnt really lather up on my hair regardless how soggy my hair is. it sort of feels like it doesnt cleanse my hair properly however i must admit that i do an oil treatment everytime i wash my hair. so it feels like it doesnt lather up and it doesnt get rid of the oil properly plus it just crumbles into pieces and i have to use a lot of it. its pretty cheap for a lush item however i just dont think it works well for a shampoo for my long hair which is what i bought it for in the first place. i havent really noticed any hair-softening effects either like some reviewers have mentioned but im going to try it again the next time i wash my hair just for the hell of it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just had to write a review on this product to boost the ratings!!! Despite the low ratings, I headed out to Lush and bought this as part of an amazing haul! I just tried it tonight and I must say I AM IN LOVE!!! Firstly, the gorgeous black curranty smell reminds me soooo much of this Body Shop Bath Jelly I was in love with as a kid that was discountinued, booo :( It is sooo comforting, actually very reminiscent of The Comforter Bubble bar which is another one of my Lush favourites. Anyways back to the shower jelly. . . I don't find this product gimicky at all. I break off a small piece of the jelly (about the size of a quarter? maybe a little more) and sort of jam it into my shower loofah... then I just work it with some water and beautiful, gorgeous smelling lather envelopes me!!! AH-mazing!... The cardboard box packaging is kinda inconvenient but hey its better for the environment so lets deal with it! I bought about 7.50$ CDN of this jelly and feel that I have enough for about 8 uses so the price isn't so bad either. Overall, I'm sold, I will definitely repurchase this fun, super enjoyable shower jelly!!!

on 3/2/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I dont get cherry muffins and doughnuts as its described. Nor does it smell like Cherie Ripe to me (Thank god for that....Cherie Ripe smells like cat pee). This is strong in currants. A wonderfully sweet smell. The fiancee says it smells like bubble gum, which I can see. Fans of the sweeter smells...will love this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

You definitely need to be the kind of person who can appreciate this for what it is~ a concept product, designed to be fun, stand out from your normal blah routine, and smell delicious.

I love it! Obviously if I'm in a hurry it doesn't work for me, but I take around 4 showers a day and I love playing around with this stuff in the shower (even better when you've got your SO with you!) it's just a FUN product.

I took a lippie off because the smell is a bit like cough syrup after a while.

on 3/8/2007 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't understand the reviews that say this is hard to hold, I've found it easy to use, the smell is DIVINE and will make your whole bathroom smell like food.

Everyone whom I've had smell Sweetie Pie was absolutely delighted and wanted to eat it :)

even my uber-masculine boyfriend loves it, he says it smells like jellybeans.

it's very gentle and hasn't dried my skin out at all, even in the dry patches.

on 11/28/2006 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

well...what can I say. It does smell pretty good, though I can see this being too sweet-smelling for some. It takes some time getting used to because the consistency is like hard jello. I found this lathered well, but dried me out in certain areas of my body.

on 8/7/2006 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought this purely for the smell, I didn't have a lot of faith in shower jellies but thought I'd give them at least one chance. Well, after what was to be a most relaxing bath I am sitting here typing this and my skin is on freakin' FIRE. The glitter pieces in this jelly have given me patches of the most painful, stinging rash all over my body. I've never been allergic to anything before, and have used the jelly without a problem, till I decided to use the glittery part. I smell great but feel like there's glass shards embedded all over my skin. I'm never ever touching this stuff again.

If you do fork out the cash for this pathetic LUSH gimmick, for the love of god REMOVE THE GLITTER!

on 7/28/2006 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've never had any LUSH smell gross me out before - this is a first. I got this for my birthday half a year ago yet I can't bring myself to finish it. Too sweet and too synthetic. This probably will end up turning me away from any blackcurrent scented things forever. It's really that bad. :(