Revlon Super Lustrous Goldpearl Plum

Revlon Super Lustrous Goldpearl Plum
Revlon Goldpearl Plum Lipstick

3.9

on 2/22/2017 1:14:00 PM

Bought a couple of Revlon lipsticks recently and Goldpearl Plum was one of the colors I got. Wasn't sure how it was going to look because they don't have testers unfortunately, but was pleasantly surprised by this color. It was great!

It's really difficult finding a decent lipstick. Lighter pinks and nude shades look so good on other people but tend to make me look washed out. If I go a bit darker I run the risk of the lipstick being too dark. And with a light complexion and fairly thin lips, I wind up looking like Morticia Addams. So to find a medium toned lipstick with just the right bend of rosiness and copperiness was a challenge.

Goldpearl Plum is all that and more. It seems like it would be a good color for a majority of women. I'm very pleased with this purchase and at a bargain price of $5.00, it's worth every penny.

These lipsticks are beautiful and so comfortable to wear. I'm head over heels in love with the shade goldpearl plum, it's stunning!

on 12/30/2014 1:26:00 AM

I love the Revlon Superlustrous lippies. In general the quality is excellent and they look more expensive than they are. Oddly enough this one looks suprisingly cheap on me. The gold frost emphasises the lines in my lips. It's more a bronzed brownish red rather than a plum color. I look like a kid playing dress up with their mums makeup. Two thumbs down.

Beautiful deep rose color with a hint of plum. Has a gold pearl finish. Some people are saying that the pearl looks silver to them, but I disagree. I have plenty of silver pearl lippies, and this lippy looks warmer than them. I can see that the pearl in this is actually golden ... it's warmer and gentler than the silver pearl lippies. I think it's beautiful!

I have Revlon's Mauvy Nights lippie, which is a very wearable plum, and I like it ...... but I think Goldpearl Plum is wayyyy prettier and even more wearable. Goldpearl Plum is a rosier plum, so it brightens up my face more. :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never really hear anyone talk about this color or find many swatches of it online but it's quickly become one of my favorites. I feel like I stumbled on this lip color by accident since I was looking for a plum lipstick - which to me this doesn't come off as plum at all - but instead found a really beautiful, everyday wearable warm deeper rosy color that could easily go from office wear to an evening look. I can't tell if it really does have a bit of gold sheen to it or if the product name just planted that idea in my head, but it does have a beautiful metallic shine to it that gives the color some nice dimension and catches the light. Like another reviewer mentioned, I agree this is one of the more complex colors in the Super Lustrous line and I love it! I've posted swatches to see what the color really looks like since the name may be a bit misleading on this one.

on 11/26/2012 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This pink is so close to perfect...but on my very pigmented lips, it appears a bit frosty and not as opaque as I'd like. I really wish I could get this color in a creme finish. I recommend this for anyone that is looking for a complex, wearable, flattering pink.

on 11/25/2012 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've fallen in love with the SL line. In my opinion, the entire line give every expensive department store lipstick stiff competition.
This is a nice rose on my NW15 complexion, nice for the winter with black; different enough from the other Revlon rose lipsticks I have. I also like Copperglow Berry (reviewed separately) for a more intense look. I'll be alternating this one with Smoky Rose (may be my favorite of all).
ETA: Paid just $4.25 for it, quite a bargain.

on 10/18/2012 8:52:00 PM

Once upon a time in the not-so-distant-past I found my go-with-anything-anytime HG lippie: red-but-not-too-bright, wine-but-not-too-plum, bronze-but-not-too-orange, brown-but-not-too-ashy, pearl-but-not-too-frosty lipstick in Revlon's discontinued shade "Deep Nude". Looking at "Gold Pearl Plum" in the store recently, it looked a return to love at first sight. Alas, it was not to be. The color is indeed more modest, office-appropriate purple-brown (plum) than red --- and the "gold" in the name is not there whatsoever. The actual pearl consists of a silver satin sheen. It's not a bad color but it's not a resurrection of Revlon Super Lustrous Deep Nude, which in my estimation was probably the closest thing I've ever seen to a universally-flattering lipstick. For what it is, however, Gold Pearl Plum is an attractive medium plum shade with a modest silvery sheen --- it's just not accurately named. A more apt description would be Silver Pearl Plum. If you want a cool pearl color this is a classic and a keeper; if not you may want to keep looking for the elusive gold satin sheen that so rarely appears in pearl, metallic or frost drugstore lipstick brands.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This lipstick used to be my signature shade when I was younger. I constantly wore this and thought that the color was so beautiful. On me it appeared red with a slight tint of berry and was very flattering. Fast forward about 5 years, I tried this shade on again only to realize that it does not look good on me at all. Maybe I was paler back then or who knows, but I find this shade highly unflattering on me right now. It washes out my complexion and makes me look kind of dead. It also appears brownish instead of having that berry red shade. I look back at my old pictures and still think the lipstick shade looked amazing back then, so it's not as if I outgrew it. Maybe it is because I am into wearing super bright red lipstick shades now instead of deeper shades like this.

I really like this color but HATE HATE HATE the formula. It dried my lips out, wore off quickly and was generally icky. I will never buy this formula again. Price is fine, packaging is fine, lipstick itself- not so much.