Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/19/2012 12:52:00 AM

This is the only color that I never get sick of --- a go-to color for all seasons that makes me neglect almost all other lipsticks in my collection --- and with good reason. If there's such a thing as a lip color that can be all things to all people, this comes really, really close. It goes with anything and is appropriate for all occasions.

The first time I applied this shade it was so different from what I was used to seeing --- at that time Avon's Ultra Color Rich "Cozy Mauve" --- that I didn't know what to make of it. But it didn't take long before I realized that what was "different" is that it offered everything those other lip colors never quite become: it's reddish, coral, rosy, pink and mauve all wrapped up into one. It has a faint coppery sheen to it, without any chunks of glitter. As amazing as the color itself, is the feel. Rimmel's Lasting Finish line, particularly the pearl/satin shades, offers an ultra silky, soothing-as-lip-balm feel with the lasting power that most lipsticks that feel moisturizing fail to deliver.

My only concern with "Drop of Sherry" is that the color is no longer offered in any drugstore, Target or Walmart that carries the Rimmel line in my area as of this date. The Rimmel lipstick line is presently heavy on the "Moisture Renew" formula in the bulky, square purple tubes. Those don't offer much more moisture than the original "Lasting Finish" formula yet slip off all that faster (in my experience the faster a lipstick slips off the more drying it actually tends to be no matter how they initially feel). Anyhow, the one color I tried in Rimmel's Moisture Renew line, "Latino", didn't look anything like it did in the tube when I applied it --- it went on much paler with a frosty white sheen --- which makes me wonder why Rimmel is encroaching on the higher-quality "Lasting Finish" product line that was already about as close to perfection as a drugstore cosmetic line can get.

There are only about five lip colors that I've been hugely disappointed to see discontinued from Revlon and others over the years and this, Rimmel's "Drop of Sherry" (#58), is in my top three. If you, too, are a fan, let Rimmel and your favorite retail store managers know that you want to see this shade back on the shelf!

on 2/6/2011 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is like a mix between, reddish rose. Its shimmery and if you apply too much, it can look very metallic. It looks very pretty on, and definatly makes your lips stand out. My only gripe is that when this fades, the shimmer is left and it can be a little overwhelming. Overall, its still a very pretty color.

on 10/15/2010 2:10:00 PM

What a find! I casually tried this on one day out of nothing more than boredom, and immediately fell in love with the color and the price! This lipstick is the perfect in-between shade for those who don't want an intense red, but want a shade deeper than their natural color. I just dab on a little with my finger for day-wear, and use more for going out at night.

on 2/15/2010 10:48:00 PM

This is my signature lip color. It's a beautiful coral-reddish-pink that looks amazing on my warm skin tone. I haven't been able to find any other shade that comes as close to this one. I've been wearing this shade for four years now and will continue to wear it!

on 1/12/2010 11:37:00 PM

This is my go to red lipstick because for me, it is the most wearable. I actually where this to work. I always forget to wear this, but it is so lovely. Rimmel makes some of my favorite d/s lipsticks. This is def worth checking out if you are in the market for a more wearable red.

on 10/14/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has to be my favorite lipstick. Great color, nice texture-- I even like the smell and taste! Great price for the amount you get. The color is really pretty, I'm not sure how to describe it except to use the name of the product, "Drop of Sherry". It's the best way for me to describe the color. It's a perfect one, not too cool, warm, orange, pink, red, white or anything. Just perfect.

on 12/24/2008 11:34:00 AM

My mom got it as a gift from my sis and the first time i tried it, I am in love with it. Red without being too red, looks great on my cool asian skin tone. Very cheap and I love the coconuty pinacolada smell. Not too strong for me. Now I am going to purchase one for myself.

I have Airy Fairy and Velocity Gloss..I am in love with Rimmel lip products. :)

on 7/25/2008 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a medium rosey slightly shimmery color, very natural but sexy too. Im neutral skin tone and this brightens and warms me right up! Like a YLBB look but with a touch of shimmer, def will repurchase. Its just as good as my MAC lippies at less than half the cost! woohoo!

on 6/21/2005 1:45:00 PM

I got hooked on Rimmel's lipstick a few years ago when they hit the U.S. market, but alas they changed some of the shades & formulas since then. I loved the Rich Moisture formula, so of course it was discontinued. However, when they re-formulated the Lasting Finish, I swear they used the Rich Moisture formula! Unlike the old Lasting Finish, it has a lot of slip & is very smooth & moist yet it lasts a good while. They kept a few old favorites like Fudge Brownie & this one. Drop of Sherry is slightly warm, a medium rosy shimmer that would flatter anyone. For less than $5, it beats just about anything in the department store.