La Roche-Posay Hydraphase UV SPF 30

La Roche-Posay Hydraphase UV SPF 30

3.9

USA VERSION -- ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Avobenzone 3%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 7% OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sucrose Tristearate, Polysorbate 61, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Dimethiconol, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Disodium Edta, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

on 2/2/2017 4:40:00 PM

This review is for the Canadian version which contains Meroxyl.

A very decent daytime moisturizer, that definitely helps hydrate and calm skin. It has a floral fragrance that doesn't dissipate as much as I'd like, but it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin. It's quite shiny and tacky when first applied (I use 3 pumps on my face), but mostly sinks in after 10-15 minutes. I wear this under my BB creme (Tarte) which has additional mineral UV protection, and I find the combo keeps my skin pretty happy.

on 12/6/2016 6:55:00 PM

I love this sunscreen! (Canadian version with Mexoryl). It is moisturizing yet non greasy and provides excellent dermatologist-recommended UV protection. My only gripe is the price ($38.50) so I try to stock up when I find a 20% off sale (rare). This is a better quality sunscreen than any of the American brands. Mexoryl is photostable for 8-12 hours, while stabilized avobenzone (ie Neutrogena Helioplex) is only photostable for 4+ hours. This translates into less frequent application required to maintain the SPF all day.

Edit: fragrance caused a reaction to my eye area. My eyes would get puffy even when I tried to avoid immediate eye area.

on 2/17/2013 9:51:00 PM

Love this product as an all-in-one sort of moisturizer plus SPF 30.

good for my sensitive skin - however, very light compared to bioderma

on 4/1/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love, love, LOVE this moisturizer. It is not greasy at all, wich is really great for a SS+moisturizer. It does not feel oily at all on the face. It's a thin lotion, and sinks into the skin instantly after application. I can do my makeup normally on top of it without problems :) Does not leave any residue at all. This does not make my skin break out, and it leaves it feeling super soft, moisturized and feeling naked.

The pump bottle is convenient, mess-free and hygienic. The only downside is that it's a bit expensive but it's worth it. I'll probably repurchase.

on 9/11/2012 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Can't get past the smell. I use so many LRP products and almost always happy but not this time. Skinceuticals SPF 50... Much better!

on 9/7/2015 9:48:00 PM

Lovely 2-in-1 product. My go-to for daytime moisturizer plus sunscreen. Feels nice and light. The titanium dioxide is fine enough to go on sheer, i.e. no white-mask effect.

on 11/7/2010 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Writing a review for this excellent moisturizing sunscreen (american version), I have to ask myself why I did not repurchase when I ran out months ago. I'm always looking and trying different brands and yet, there are only handful of items that I do repurchase. This is one of them since I just placed an order with skincarerx.com at 20% discount for mua members. Cheapest prices I've found on the web, too. I love the way this works under makeup, like a primer. Moisturizes, protects and never heavy and still enough power for my dry skin. The regular lotion is excellent also and I will recommend daytime usage if using exfoliating agents regularly at night. No other sunscreens is as soothing.

on 6/26/2010 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love, love, love. For my morning moisturizing--depending on how dry I'm feeling--I switch back and forth between LRP's Hydraphase UV and the Redermic UV. The Hydraphase UV is the more moisturizing of the two. On days that I use this, I apply my vitamin C serum, wait about 5 minutes, then apply the Hydraphase UV on top of it. It sinks and and my skin feels instantly quenched. It creates a great base for makeup and does not increase oiliness later in the day. I generally only get intermittent sun exposure while walking outside or driving in the car, but have also been caught outdoors for an extended time while wearing this and have never had a burn or signs of sun damage.

I unknowingly discovered there are different variations of Hydraphase UV. The Canadian version contains Mexoryl and Titanium Dioxide, while the US version *does not*. The Canadian version is clearly labeled as containing Mexoryl on the front of the bottle, as well as being listed in the ingredients. The US version, while the bottle appears the same, contains different UVA/UVB sunscreen ingredients that are approved for the American market. The only other noticeable difference is that the Canadian version is more perfumed for some reason. I prefer to use the Mexoryl version so I order several at a time (to save on shipping) from www.well.ca

For more info on the different ingredients in the two versions:
http://blog.pharmacymix.com/hydraphase-uv-spf-30-ingredients-in-canada-vs-us continued >>

I love, love, love this moisturizer/sunscreen. First of allit's a moisturizer and sunscreen in one, which already makes it awesome. Unlike a lot of SS+moisturizer combos, this is not one bit greasy or oily on the face. It's a thin lotion texture which sinks into the skin almost instantly after application. Does not leave any residue at all. I haven't experienced any breakouts or sensitivity to this product, so I'll definitely continue purchasing!

Also, the packaging is perfect. The pump bottle is super convenient and mess-free (and hygienic). It's a bit expensive but definitely worth it.

on 3/5/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, this product must have changed a lot since 2008... I have combination skin and am using this now (early spring) so I can't vouch for outright oily skin in summer, but now I do not find this greasy at all. On the contrary, the thing that surprised me most was that it dried, well... dry - but without taughtness or pulling, my face just felt to the touch as if it had a dry film on it. Did not feel filmy or heavy though. Did not clog or break me out.

One thing for sure - it is not heavily perfumed at the moment, the smell is barely noticeable on application and disappears. I am very sensitive to smell in general.

No white cast. I don't wear make up over it so can' say how that would work.