Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 8/15/2016 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this early this year because I wanted something light and moisturising for everyday use. I bought it for $36 (AUD).

Pros; It was one of the most moisturising products I have tried and felt very comfortable on the lips. It was also fairly pigmented for a sheer lip product. It looked great on my lips and really enhanced the natural colour as described with just one or two coats.

Cons; Unfortunately the product only stayed maximum 2 hours on my lips and it had very minimal staining power - again only lasting 2 hours. Also I was really disappointed to find that the product itself was not strong and broke multiple times while I was using it. If even a mild pressure was applied while putting the product on it would mush/break very easily (I also experienced this with the the Clinique chubby stick).

So although I had really liked the idea of the product for everyday use, I would not buy it again due to constant mushing/breaking of the product and the minimal lasting power.
I think it should be labelled and advertised as a tinted lip balm due to the texture and lasting power of the product.

on 6/26/2016 11:54:00 AM

Deep blackened raisin color that has a sheer soft shine. Actually merges with the natural tone of my lips to add color but is not over the top. Feels very light weight but I do have to re-apply often.

To Read all 1198 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/26/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This stuff is very hydrating, not sticky or heavy. It just feels like a lip balm. But the colour is amazing. Swipe on a little for the perfect light wash of "my lips but better" colour, or layer it for a more dramatic look. The colour even looks good on my girlfriend, who has a different skin tone than me, so I can definitely say that this product lives up to the claims of it being universally flattering. It looks very dark in the tube but don't be fooled, it goes on sheer. Packaging is lovely and simple. Lasting power is great for this type of tinted balm.
Love this, will definitely buy again!

Edgy and racey but seriously not the best. I prefer just about any maybelline product compared to this one!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This a such a gorgeous color! A soft berry shade that is somewhat neutral.. Very natural looking, but "berry" enough to notice there's some color on your lips! I swear that Liv's lips were more darker berry/purply than this, but eh! It's the movies! I'm happy w/ the color! Very light & moisturizing-doesn't bleed or feather either. I will definitely go out & buy more of this!!!

on 5/14/2016 3:56:00 PM

This is not a sheer lipstick that shows up on those of us who have any pigmentation on our lips. I do not have pink lips - mine are more browny-pink and this shade does NOT show up. My recommendation to anyone who is not fair-skinned wishing to purchase this almost mythical lipstick would be to go into the store and try a tester first.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

HG for a wearable easy lippie for Asian skin tones - will always have one of these on hand. Haven't used it up so unsure whether it will last a long time or not but it's nicely pigmented despite being an "almost lipstick" so I don't need to swipe over more than twice. Love love love. Just buy, don't hesitate. It's a cult fave for good reason!

on 3/29/2016 11:45:00 PM

There is something unique about the color that really suits me, so I have bought Black Honey many times. Okay, it isn't perfect. I wouldn't consider wearing it alone, because it just isn't balmy or moisturizing enough. It doesn't last well, either. But I need a bit of color, and I love this one. My lips are pigmented enough that pinks lack all impact on me, and nudes are really blah. I can't see myself in a true matte red. This is a sheer burgundy red with some warmth to it, and it adds just enough polish. (For about twenty minutes.) The warmth is probably what does the trick for me -- I hate thin, cool wines and burgundies.

I also use Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Red Dahlia, which is kind of a dupe. I used to love LORAC Just Kissed, but that was discontinued. Bobbi Brown makes a nice sheer lipstick in a shade called Carolina. That one has a little more body and staying power, but not a lot.

on 3/20/2016 6:50:00 PM

This is a favorite lipstick I've returned to again and again. Sometimes I use it up, and am without it a while and think I don't need it. Then I buy another and fall in love all over again. I love how just a swipe gives you a touch of color, and then you can build it for more intensity, though it never quite gets opaque. It feels moisturizing -- maybe not as much as a straight-out lip balm -- but it doesn't feel drying either. Staying power is decent for a it being pretty much a tinted balm since it's not super slick or anything. There's no scent or flavor, which is a bonus. It's just a great lip product that looks both natural yet can have enough impact to appear more polished.

on 3/17/2016 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, the internet spoke, and I listened. Been searching for a shade like this forever! Even though it's been around for ages, I had never been exposed to it before. Reading blogs/reviews and everyone praised this cult product as an easy, flattering for all, your lips but better lipstick. I put it on my Christmas list and surprisingly my mom got it for me. Thrilled to say it is exactly as all the devotees claim! I love it! Only issue is it's a tiny bit drying, but that's to be expected with lipsticks, I just layer it over a balm. I love how natural it looks and how easily the color can be built. It is a little scary looking in the tube (the tube itself is beautiful, silver and elegant), but it goes on sheer and becomes a perfect muted berry brown. Exactly what I have been searching for for years. Also like to dot a bit on my cheeks as a slight blush. Gorgeous product. Well, I will edit my review a bit, because it's true, this lipstick doesn't have any staying power. A bit annoying for sure, but easy enough to reapply without a mirror, so not the end of the world.