MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Brave

MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Brave
MAC BraveSatin Lipstick - BraveMAC pink lipstick comparisonsSatin Lipstick - BraveSatin Lipstick - Brave

4.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Admittedly I don't wear lipstick very often but when I do this is my go to. 'Brave' is probably the closest shade from the satins to my actual bare lip color! A long-time fan of all things MAC I recently decided to treat myself to some of their lippies and other well-reviewed goodies. What's great about the satin lipsticks, is that I don't find them drying on the lips at all - so long as I use a good lip balm a few minutes beforehand and let it sink in. It actually feels like there's nothing on my lips! Brave is an excellent daytime shade for me - the perfect mid-tone pink, not too bright and not too sheer (I find stronger/brighter pinks can make me look clownish). A definite keeper!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

The name of this lipstick made me suggest that it's a very daring color that only the bravest of us would wear. When I went to the MAC counter I asked for Brave and was surprised that it's a beautiful nude shade. Satin lipsticks is one of my favorite lipstick finishes from MAC (after Retro Matte and Matte). Good pigmentation, finish is not matte but not glossy either. A perfect in between finish. Brave is one of my beloved MLBB shades which can be worn with every makeup. Reapplying ain't an issue since it glides smoothly over you lips. It lasts on me for about 3-4 til I have to reapply it. It definitely has to be reapplied after meals. I'm glad to have an alternative MLBB color which I love. Hue was my fav MLBB shade but I can't find it anywhere to repurchase it. But this makes me appreciate Brave even more. It lasts longer, is more pigmented and a perfect nude color for every occasion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

A very pigmented satin lipstick in a very beautiful darker pink hue. Feels nice and soft on the lips and is very long lasting (as with most mac satin lipsticks).

on 8/21/2018 6:07:00 PM

I like this one but don't really love it. I think it is more on the cool side, so it doens't look super flattering with fair warm complexions. I think it will look way better in people with cool undertones. I rather use twig for a pinkish nude, wich is warmer.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I keep repurchasing this lipstick, it is sooooo good. I have light skin with neutral undertones, and this is just that perfect my lips but better color. It isn't too cool, and isn't too warm, just right. Needless to say, has this yummy mac lipstick smell, applies beautifully and lasts very well without drying the lips out.
My absolute favorite, all the internet dupes are nice, but aren't nearly as good. Will absolutely keep buying this lipstick, because it is perfect, and is worth the price.

on 12/19/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What else can be said that hasn't been said about Brave!? It's one of the few lipsticks I have re purchased, and always have a back up.. It's just easy to wear and flattering. I like that its the perfect mix of pink and mauve, without looking Barbie or bubblegum pink... Definitely recommend.

on 12/1/2017 2:00:00 PM

This is my favorite shade. It’s also my first MAC lipstick shade. Probably onto my 3rd tube. Looks awesome paired with soar, edge to edge, plum, and whirl lip liners. Wish I could give it ten 💄

My go-to everyday shade, MLBB deal for me! Just hands down wonderful, I'm on my second tube and I have a two draw lipstick collection to pick from.

on 5/2/2017 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love the idea of brave as a mlbb but on me it made me look ashy and washed out. I'm someone with wheatish skin and certain nudes and pink wash me out - brave did just that, I'll stick to twig, my trusty pink mauve shade. For reference I'm southeast Asian with pigmented lips.

Check out my mac lipstick collection/reviews: https://maclipsbeautyblog.wordpress.com

on 3/4/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My favourite all time everyday lipstick.