The Body Shop Mango bath&shower gel

The Body Shop Mango bath&shower gel

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The Body Shop Mango shower gel shares its scent with the rest of the Body Shop's Mango range. It is a fresh, fruity, summery scent of juicy mangos. Perfect for summer, this scent will make you feel as though you are showering in an island paradise. However, this scent does not last particularly long on the skin which is disappointing. It lathers up well however, and a little goes a long way so a bottle will last you quite a long time. It does not dry out my skin or cause any irritation. It makes me feel clean and refreshed. This is a nice shower gel to use. The formula may not be unique or special, but the scent is gorgeous and the Body Shop is a brand you can trust to deliver a quality product.

on 8/18/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great shower gel, lather well, cute color and packaging, doesn't irritate or dry my skin. The mango smell is really nice. My only problem with this product is that it's too expensive for a regular body wash, but it's worth it to purchase it when on sale.

I will not go out of my way to purchase this product, but it's still a nice product nonetheless.

on 6/15/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

A divine scent, a good shower gel, doesnt dry out. Only a bit expensive for only a shower gel. It made my skin as soft and as clean as other products, so I didnt repurchase. Also didnt notice the moisturizing effect of the other The Body Shops shower products such as Shea Shower Cream.

on 1/14/2014 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My favorite of Body Shop's mango scent products.

Removed a star for this cancer causing ingredient cocamide DEA :(
not all of their body washes have this...but of course this is my favorite. Will not purchase anymore as long as the formula stays the same.

i like using this mango shower gel all year round! it is a very zesty mango scent it is a bit more citrusy than the body butter but i don't mind because i am using it in the shower and i really like zesty scents in the shower it washes well and is just an overall great scent the mango is my favourite scent to use! just because it has a light peachy mango scent and it is not to over powering so it is great for everyday use!

on 5/18/2014 10:51:00 AM

Now recently they changed their mango shower gels, not just the packaging (though it became a lot uglier) but the shower gel itself. The colour itself is a lot different, smell-wise as well. the new one smells almost berry-like while the previous one smelt of pure mango goodness! The previous one was absolutely divine! It was a great shower gel too, idk why they changed. it's like they took a lot of the mago out of the mango shower gel, maybe cost savings idk bleh

on 2/8/2011 2:11:00 AM

It is a lovely shower gel. It has great texture, doesn't dry the skin, cleans well and smells divine.

on 2/5/2011 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this stuff, the smell, the texture, the richness.Would use it daily if I could afford to do so.
Would give it 5 stars if it was just a bit cheaper!
Ask for it as a present and you'll be ok.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I ended up getting this shower gel for free with purchase of a couple of make-up items. I believe the regular price was around $10(CAD). That's a lot more money than I'd normally spend on shower gel. I typically look at price and scent when it comes to shower gel. The scent is lovely. There is no denying that. Mmmm fresh mango! I own the Mango Body Butter from The Body Shop, so I knew I'd be impressed with the scent of this shower gel. Unfortunately, the scent does not last long. It lathers up very nicely. I feel nice and clean afterwards, however; I was expecting the smell to linger on after my shower. The scent was gone within seconds. I just thought the smell would stick around longer. Am I asking too much? Oh well, it still does it's job. Next time I'll try Satsuma.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in a gift set from a friend. The scent is not as strong as the other shower gels that I have smelt, but it does smell pretty good. Very sweet. It lathers well, my skin feels clean and soft afterwards too. Unlike the mango soap which I have also tried, this didn't leave my skin feeling dry or 'waxy' afterwards which is a plus from me! I wouldn't buy this again though as it is pretty pricey for the size of the product. Would be nice to give as part of a gift :)