e.l.f. Cosmetics Soothing Lip Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/19/2008 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm very sad because I don't think they sell this at their site at all anymore. Not even in the gift cases! WHY?! This product was GREAT! It had the most color "UMPH!" and it applied so well. Very nice minty smell. I have a bunch of the colors, Bark being my favorite. If they ever get this back I would def. but this again!

on 10/31/2006 3:54:00 AM

I love this stuff. I love the tingling sesation, and I like how its not sticky and the color is sheer, but still has alot of pigment. perfect balance. My only complaint is the weird smell my lips get after I wear it for a little while. Why doesn't just stay minty? Other than that, I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I picked up 3 of these at Target & for a buck apiece (Pink Lemonade, Natural Blush, Mauve Luxe) they're not bad, not bad at all. I personally don't smell, taste or feel ANY vanilla-mint as the package claimed (even on bare lips), but on the plus side they don't smell or taste like anything. All shades are more pigmented and stickier than I expected, lasting awhile after application and felt fairly moisturizing. The main thing I dislike is the applicator; the slanted flocked tip sometimes swivels around with the dial on the bottom to dispense, so half the time it's facing the wrong way until you fix it. For a buck though, did I really expect more? The answer, clearly, is no. However, I have a bazillion glosses/balms already so now that my curiosity is sated I won't be buying these again.

on 8/19/2005 3:37:00 AM

I bought Pink Lemonade. The color is a shimmery pinky-peach. The shimmer is not chunky glitter thank goodness. It goes on smoothly,no gritty feel and it's slightly sheer. The consistancy is fairly sticky which I prefer. It lasted a long time. There is an extremely slight sweet peppermint scent and no taste. My lips tingled for a moment then it was gone. The applicator is a slanted sponge tip which I love but I have a feeling this tube is going to leak. When I put the applicator back in the tube it overflows a bit around the top. Still I love it so I would buy it again.

on 5/16/2005 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got Mauve Luxe too. EXACTLY matches my lip color. VERY cool with liner. Nice minty color and tons of shine. This will be great at the pool for that non makeup thing. The brush does uber-suck though. I cut it short and it works much better that way. All this for a dollar...can it get any better?

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I picked this up in Chai, after convincing myself that for a dollar it couldn't be that big of a loss. Surprisingly the color is much better than I expected. It's a sheer yellow based nude that doesn't make me look dead (always a yay for that) The smell is a bit off putting...it's like mint with a splash of something chemical but it does have a neat cooling effect. Overall I'm pretty happy with this and really wish Target would get more of the line!

Here is a pic of Chai on my lips, sourta a crappy picture but you'll get the idea continued >>

on 1/30/2005 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I must admit that for the whopping 84 cents I paid for this gloss, this stuff is pretty darn good. I have Mauve Luxe, which leaves a nice medium-pigmented mauve colour to my lips with shine as well. The lasting power of this gloss is also very good, considering the el cheapo price, and the texture is pleasant and only slightly sticky. My only complaint is that this gloss feels very tingly sometimes after application and it can feel like a slight burning sensation (it does eventually go away though.) The smell is kind of medicinal mint but it is certainly not the worst lip gloss smell Iíve ever come across.