Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

4.1

on 10/3/2013 1:14:00 PM

If I do drugstore lipsticks, I do revlon or NYX. If I do department store lipsticks, I am a MAC'er. I got a tube of this from a friend (who is a MK rep), and it's the perfect blend of brown and plum. I cannot find another color to dupe it. Other colors are either too purple or too brown. This one is just perfect, and it is a creamy lipstick that lasts hours, even through a meal. I would buy this color again when I run out, just because I haven't found another like it.

on 9/14/2009 4:26:00 PM

I liked the color, but found the formula far too drying for me, even with lip balm underneath. Probably won't try MK's lipsticks again unless they reformulate them.

on 3/30/2008 12:48:00 AM

Love this color!! I don't find it extremely dry either. It has good staying power and works with so many skin tones. I always use it as a base color and then change it up a little with a touch of gloss.

on 10/14/2007 12:57:00 AM

My HG color of lip stick! I constantly buy more and more but always go back to this color!!!

on 10/11/2006 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My HG color, absolutely. I'm fair with golden undertones, and it's the perfect just-darker-than-your-lips rose/brownish-pink. I use a lip balm under it, because it's not as moisturizing as I'd like, but that's my only complaint. It's the best color I've ever found.

(Disclaimer: I DON'T sell MK. I distrust some of the positive reviews from consultants, so just wanted to make that clear.)

on 6/27/2006 1:35:00 PM

My MK lady told me this shade was introduced first as "Plush Plum" in another formula (which was drier and more matte) in a limited edition, but the sales were so high they made the shade a regular. I prefer the new formula on my lips, since it has slightly more moisture. The bad, it still glops even in the new formulation. The reviews that this doesn't wear evenly is true, so be prepared to touch up later.

I like to top this with a limited edition lip crayon "front rose" which was also brought back into regular line as "frosted rose". Everytime I wear this combo, my sister who isn't into makeup always compliments me on this. Going over this lipstick helps the wear factor and keeps it from glopping. The neutral to cool color being medium tone is worth it.

on 2/26/2005 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have finally found a replacement for my all-time favorite lipstick, Lorac Ashley, which cost me an outrageous $17 per tube! I actually like MK's Rasinberry better since there is a slight shimmer to it which adds some depth to the color and of course, the price is more reasonable!