3.8

price range

Reviews

1.0

14 years ago

Alkmaar, Silky Underwear, Fairy Jasmine, & Turbo Bubble all have the same scent....and I really dislike it. It smells "ok" when dry but on my skin it smells like sweaty socks. The only fragrance from lush that I can actually say I hate.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0
from

15 years ago

This soap has the subtlest honeysuckle/jasmine fragrance. It's also creamy and moisturizing. I won't repurchase only because there are so many other LUSH products to try.

About reviewer (1158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0
from

15 years ago

I could smell the Lush store from over a block away! The salespeople were friendly enough but about the 5th time I was asked if I needed help in half as many minutes of browsing, I started getting a little irritated. I thought I would purchased half the store after reading all the raves on MUA, but something about the scents just didn't jive with me. This was one of the few scents I actually liked! Other than that, the scent is pleasant in the shower but doesn't last. One normal sized bar cost about $10, so it definitely ain't cheap. It's not drying, but not moisturizing, and nothing special beyond that. Next time I'll save my money and buy a nice shower gel instead.

About reviewer (206 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

EyesBrown

15 years ago

I really like the scent and texture of this soap. I love jasmine, so this is great for me. It's one of my 'winter soaps' because it's so creamy and cozy.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

15 years ago

This soap complements their body powder "Silky Underwear". Good layering product. I am not too crazy over it because I'm tired of SU but this is a good product combo you may want to try. White solid bar. My favorite LUSH soap at the moment is: Milky Bar (Light clean scent). Highly recommend it.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

2.0

15 years ago

I think I got a bad batch :( I'm a 'Lushie' through and through but this smells like Elmer's Glue to me. I really wanted to love this, especially after seeing the rave reviews. I love the "Silky Underwear' dusting powder, so I figured I'd adore the Alkmaar. Mine doesn't smell at all like the powder :( BUMMER!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

15 years ago

This is one of my favorite LUSH soaps. It comes in third after my beloved Honey I Washed the Kids and Rockstar. Alkmaar creates gorgeous, creamy lather, which I don't find very moisturizing but not drying either. It smells beautiful, of jasmine and honeysuckle, very sweet. The first time I used this soap, I was positive that coconut was one of the main ingredients and was shocked to find out this soap contains none. To this day, I still smell a bit of coconut everytime I use it. The scent of the soap lingers on the skin for quite a while too and is reminiscent of Fairy Jasmine and Silky Underwear. I have already repurchased this and will keep doing so until LUSH stops making it.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

15 years ago

This soap smells beautiful. It lathers nicely, lasts a looong time (doesn' t melt away at all!). I love the scent, but I noticed it doesn’t seem as strongly scented as I Should Coco, for example. The only downside is that, while it makes my hands soft, repeated handwashing with this soap makes my hands dry! Otherwise, it's just lovely. :)

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

EyesBlack

15 years ago

It would be easy to pass up this soap because it looks just like a plain white bar. But it's well worth getting some because the scent is absolutely divine- it's a strong, heady jasmine fragrance. The formula is rich and creamy, and the bar produces a great deal of lather. Only downside is that the soap uses up rather quickly, making it pricey.

About reviewer (861 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

15 years ago

This quiet, unassuming ivory-coloured soap has a lovely creamy lather, and beautiful, sophisticated floral scent. It's not too drying on my skin but it *is* soap, after all. This is my "summer" Lush soap - in winter I use Figs and Leaves which has an earthier scent and is more moisturizing.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination