NARS Cosmetics Zen

NARS Cosmetics Zen
ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.6

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've finally found the perfect HG blush/contour for my olive NC30/35 skin. I'm more of a bronzer/contour type of gal as opposed to a blush fan so this just fits the bill when I want that everyday mediterranean, summer glow in the middle of winter. Shows up beautifully on my skin. This goes perfectly with Ninotchka for contouring or using Orgasm on the apples of my cheeks after using this as a contour.
Then again, I tend to go for the minimalist/neutral look often so this explains why I love Zen so much..

Click continued for a video swatch to watch on MUA. it's a video of aswatch while I talk about it in the background. very pigmented. slightly orange. smooth. very not chunky. I will def. look into other NARS blushes

continued >>

on 12/30/2008 8:38:00 PM

NARS Zen is a great nude blush. In the pan it looks like it would be kind of muddy, but it's absolutely not. I'm PPP and this blush gives me a hint of color that brightens my face right up. My Sephora didn't have this shade so I never would have heard of it without the help of MUA.

on 5/14/2007 10:32:00 AM

Liked the color on my medium, neutral to warm skin, but didn't love it until I learned to apply it with a kabuki blush. One swipe from hollow of cheeks, under cheekbones to temple, and back down is how I apply--not on apples. I am a bronzer/contour kind of gal. Very natural definition, but can look muddy when I'm sallow.

on 5/2/2007 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I kept on hearing raves for this blush on the boards so as a result I was lemming this fiercely. But then I got to try it out at the Nars counter today and I wasn't impressed. It was placed on the display next to Sertao and Madly, so I swatched all three to compare them. Madly is slightly peachier than Zen and is slightly shimmery whereas Zen is matte. Sertao is slightly more golden and more shimmery then Zen. On my NC30 complexion, Zen is very similar to Laguna bronzer and Madly blush, both of which I already own, so I didn't buy Zen. But if you don't already have a similar face product Zen would probably be a good investment.

*** UPDATE 4/20/2008 - I ended up swapping Madly away because it would get these weird pumpkiny/orange tones instead of the dusty pink I wanted, and re-tried Zen. It looks milk chocolately brown in the pan but is truly neutral on the cheeks. This is a better nude blush than Madly, so try Zen if nude blushes have a tendency to turn orange on you. continued >>

on 7/22/2006 8:04:00 AM

UPDATE FROM REVIEW BELOW
I really love this blush now, it really is great at contouring even with just a tiny amount, and the texture is fantastic. It's really natural looking and I like pairing it with a bright colour on the lips.

Hmm, from the reviews here I think I was expecting something that didn't really add any colour to my face but somehow magically contoured it. I guess that's not really possible, but all the same, this blush disappointed me somewhat. My first thought upon application was 'orange'!! Not one of my favourite looks. Yes it does contour well, and the quality is of course excellent. But I'll keep searching for the perfect nude that blends in to my skin rather than stands out. PS This is very similar to Shu Glow On in M Amber 85, of which I have the same criticisms. Of the two, I think I prefer the texture of Nars.

on 4/13/2006 10:27:00 PM

Looks like a very neutral beige in the pan, but applies a matte warm peachy color. One of the more pigmented NARS blushes, very fine milled, with excellent staying power. This would be nice paired with dark, dramatic shimmery eyeshadow and peach gloss, but unfortunately I never wear either of those. I find this too blah of a blush color to wear on its own or with neutral eyes/lips.

An absolute staple for me now. Out of all my Nars blushes this is the one I reach for the most. Perfect on my PPP skin!

on 4/21/2003 9:36:00 AM

Nice blush for contouring, bronzing, or whenever you have a tan.

Popular Blush Products