L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Toasted Almond

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Toasted Almond

3.5

on 10/14/2012 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Oh. Oh my lawd no. This has been one one my worst lipstick experiments, but your mileage may vary. I was lassoed in to trying this lipstick because I've seen more than enough reviews claiming that this was a perfect colour for not only pale-skinned ladies, but for women of colour too...but not on my lips, that's for sure. In the tube, and on a lot of people, Toasted Almond comes across as a very lovely, creamy, moisturizing lipstick with a natural rosy-peach-brown colour and satin finish. My ideal everyday colour, if it had worked. Instead, due to my highly pigmented purplish-pink-grey lips (I wish I was kidding) and medium brown skin tone, this applied like a chalky beige-peach colour that make me look like an anemic, starving crack addict attempting the nude-lips trend. The moisturizing effect and satin finish was still there, though (as was the traditional L'oreal powdery perfume scent) but if your lips and skin tone are similar to mine in colour, I'm warning you, do NOT go there. I suppose I can't fault the lipstick as the formula's alright, but the colour is a risk you'll have to decide on yourself. I still can't figure out why this lipstick is so highly rated for women of my NC42-44 skin tone. Either most people have lips that are much less pigmented than mine (highly likely) or most people are wannabe starving crack addicts trying to be fashionable (also plausible).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have big, two-tone lips: My bottom lip is a bright, rosy pink while my top lip is a mauve-pink, that can sometimes turn pink brown if I don't wear a lip balm with SPF. Now, because of this, I sometimes have a hard time finding a natural shade lipstick that looks good on me. Makeup rules, from what I've learned from many here and blogs, beauty books, and MA's tell me to go and get a lipstick in the same color as my top lip. Brown lipstick looks bad on me. My skin tone is a dark bronze and naturally, one would think brown would look good on me but it doesn't. It makes me look old. It makes my skin look dull and washed out. I have very noticeable pink (salmon) and peach undertones that pretty much rules out that option. Until this arrived.

This is the best nude/natural lipstick I've ever encountered. It is a gorgeous, brownish salmon peach color that would look amazing on anyone. This harmonizes both colors of my lips, makes my skin glow, and brings out my coloring and undertones most beautifully. It makes my eyes look bright and warm. It also makes a great and beautiful cream blush. I can wear this in almost any makeup look and I can finally wear green eyeshadow with confidence. It makes me look "naturally sexy" and many people compliment me when I wear this. Guys love it, many consistently telling me I have beautiful lips or great colored lips. It doesn't dry my lips, rather, it moisturizes them and leaves them soft. And it gives you solid vibrant color in two swipes. The negative things about this is that the formula doesn't last long on lips, often it just lasts two hours. I don't mind that one bit as it works as a lip balm replacement. The other that, I'm almost positively sure, that L'oreal does animal testing. Other than that this is brilliant stuff and I can't wait to try the other colors. The most unbelievable part of this is the pricing. I can get this for $6.50 at Ulta, and that's not counting w/L'oreal coupons and sales. In my opinion, this is another formula that makes HE lipsticks look bad. The other is Revlon. I've tried them all and while they make great colors, this is the only formula that loves my lips. Enjoy.