REVLON Orange Flip

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.8

on 8/29/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Orange Flip was the first Moondrops Lipstick I've ever owned, though upon opening the tube, I found the scent to be incredibly familiar. Ah, nostalgia. I believe my mother used to have a few of these back in the 90's when they were more available and much, much more easy to find. Anyway, I'd describe this color as being an orange with just the tiniest hint of red- not the other way around. I ended up with this while hunting down my idyllic red-orange - one that straddled both worlds equally and was stunningly vibrant. While Orange Flip is stunningly vibrant, I find that like the name suggests, it is much more of a popsicle type shade of orange than red-orange. A pinch of red is there and does give Orange Flip a very juicy and fun twist, there's not enough of it for it to be *exactly* what I was looking for.
Overall, the formula is great. This might warrant a few gasps but I think I like the Moondrops formula much more than the Super Lustrous lipsticks. The Moondrops formula is slightly more thick, creamy and opaque. It's not as slick and doesn't streak as much. Unfortunately, I can see the heavily perfumed smell of the Moondrops formula just not sitting well with some people. I've noticed that it never completely dissipates and though I always remove my lipstick before eating, I can imagine the smell of the lipstick and some foods or drinks clashing and being highly unpleasant to some people. It doesn't bother me to the point where I dislike wearing this lipstick and I like the fact that Revlon has remained true to it's oldest formulas but Moondrops would definitely have more fans if it was removed altogether. I also still prefer it to the way L'Oreal lipsticks smell, strangely enough.
While Orange Flip wasn't exactly what I was looking for, it's a great lipstick for anyone aching to try out the orange craze that's been going on lately. I also think it's probably much more fun than Revlon's other famous orange (Siren) which is almost an apricot on some people. I'm looking forward to continuing my search for the ultimate red-orange. Perhaps Moondrops' Hot Coral is what I'm after?

on 8/30/2010 12:06:00 AM

I bought this lipstick through amazon.com after reading glowing reviews on MUA. I am so glad that I did my research and bought this shade. It is orange without being garish. It has a very retro feel to it, and I love to wear it with white. It's an ideal summer color that really adds to whatever I'm wearing. I like to think of it as an instant cute-ifier. The price is decent, the packaging works just fine, and when mine runs out I'll run out and get another.

on 8/26/2010 9:17:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I think it is just perfect. Especially the orange color. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. Kind of irritates me sometimes! Other than that, it is really pigmented and beautiful.

on 3/30/2010 4:05:00 PM

Wow! This is a great lip color. I was looking for the perfect orange-red, and this is it. The color sits exactly in between red and orange. I like to keep my eye makeup very natural and simple, and by applying this to my lips my face gets an instant pop. Keeps my makeup interesting in a good way! I would seriously recommend using this color only when the rest of your makeup is very light and natural, otherwise it'd be too much going on! Obviously it's going to be very pigmented, so dab this on your lips very lightly. The Moon Drops formula is very creamy and moisturizing. This is by far one of my favorite colors. LOVE!