Sonia Kashuk Lip Glossing in "Spicy"

No Image

4.5

on 5/20/2008 7:43:00 PM

This gloss is really exceptional. It is a bit too frosty on me if I just put it on alone, but I use a touch of chocolate lipliner and a peachy cheap lipstick/gloss square I got in a kit underneath it, so less of the frost grabs. Blotting helps get rid of the excess frost, too. It is worth the effort because this is, as others have said, a great peachy/champagne summer color. It really plumps up the look of my lips, also. Because I wear it over the other sheer lipstick, the gloss really lasts, even through a bit of eating and drinking. I think the liner pencil may be useful for lining just outside the lips to prevent feathering. I haven't tried it yet because I used a concealer for the same purpose. I gave it a 4 because the amount of frost can be off-putting if you don't blot. I'm pale NC15/20 with pale, cool blonde level 11 hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great peachy gold lip gloss! Very glossy and makes lips look much fuller! I also love the sleek packaging and the brush applicator. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the lining stick attached...I never use it because the lip gloss by itself doesn't seem to bleed.

on 11/8/2006 1:45:00 PM

I love this gloss. It's a nude shade with some shimmer. The shimmer is bold, but not tacky. My only complint is the stupid lining stick at the other end of the tube. It's basically candle wax. It's not necessary

I bought this product based on the reviews on MUA. I was not disappointed, this is a beautiful peachy gold gloss, great for everyday. Not too sticky and not too slick. It makes your lips glow. And it came with a great price tag, 7.00. Love it! I have a feeling I will be repurchasing soon.

on 10/29/2005 12:57:00 PM

Picked this up at Target on a whim this morning. This is a peachy nude with golden shimmer...quite pretty actually. Formula is creamy and shiny and non-drying. Would try more from this line.

My favorite in this line so far. It's a wonderful peachy golden color, not too warm. The shimmer is great, it looks similar to a L'Oreal Glam Shine, which I love. The texture is also really nice, smooth and thick, not thin or greasy, yet not sticky. A wonderful summer color, looks very nice with smokey eyes. The only thing that annoys is the retarded new packaging. It looks sleek and pretty but... what on god's green earth is that weird white, rock hard pencil thingy that takes up half the package? It looks like it's supposed to be a base pencil or something, but yet it's the most useless, bulky object ever.Fortunately you can just uncrew that half, and rip the pencil out by the roots, leaving the lipgloss end of the tube, and cutting the bulkiness in half. (Or, if you're a spaz like me and find weird uses for the most random of objects, you can wind some thread around a needle and stick the empty pencil half of the tube back on, creating a tiny sewing kit.) continued >>

on 5/31/2005 12:54:00 PM

Got this on clearance at Target for about two bucks. I don't think "Spicy" makes sense as a name for this color, but that's just my opinion. Anyway, this is a sheer, frosty, champagne-y nude. Looks great with smoky eyes and/or a tan. Might wash out people who are very fair. Texture is smooth and slightly sticky (which is fine by me). Stays on for a normal amount of time for a gloss (maybe 2-3 hours). Packaging is pretty nifty--a clear, square tube (with oddly sharp edges) with a white cap and a built-in brush (a nice touch). No scent or taste (laudatory, and unusual for a DG lippie). Super cheap as well, even w/o a sale. Now interested in checking out the other colors.

on 5/5/2005 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Now this is a nice gloss! Spicy is a sheerish shimmery nude with gold microglitter. Smooth with just enough stickiness. I like these more than my Revlon SL or my SH Diamond ones. For some reason I want to keep wiping those off. Got 2 of these on sale at Target (the other one is Sassy) and I'm so glad I did!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was totally surprised to see overall negative reviews for this product. I could NOT believe how well this gloss held up...and my lips havent felt this moisturized in a long time. No other gloss (Nars, MAC, Bobbi Brown, etc) moisturizes as well...not to mention this shade "Spicy" is the PERFECT beigy nude. Will purchase over and over again...

This is a great barely there nude shade. For all you gals that want to test drive a color like MAC's c-thru (beigey peach shimmery nude), this is your chance to do so at a smaller price tag. Slick but not too sticky, staying power is average as with most glosses but definately adds dimension. I tend towards deeper lip colors on my pale, warm PPP skin but I reach for it to warm up a too cool lippie or for a quick, natural lip look.

Popular Lip Glosses