3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I bought two shades that look almost the same to the wet n wild limited edition lipsticks that came out this fall. Bordeaux blvd is 5117 & urban night looks like 5033.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

This review is specifically for the shade "African Violet." I absolutely love bold lipsticks. I'd never seen a color like this before and it was only $2 (regular price at Rite Aid), so I snatched it up. I am so glad I did. In the tube, it's a bright medium purple that is decidedly cool-toned. On my lips, it wears more pink than I would have expected, but I think that's a good thing. The color is really unique, but still flattering and not too out there. When I wear this, I let my lips be the star of the show, finishing the look with flawless skin and simple coat of mascara. I don't have particularly full lips, but this color really draws attention to the shape of my mouth and makes my lips looks luscious. The formula is creamy, easy to apply, and doesn't dry out my lips. The lipstick is very pigmented. It does transfer easily, but the staying power is actually pretty good because it seems to stain my lips. The only beef I have with this lipstick is the packaging, which is terrible. You have to be really careful removing the cap, but that's the norm for cheap lipsticks. The real problem is that every time I twist the lipstick up, part of the product rubs off on the side of the tube. It's messy and annoying. Not sure if this is a problem with all of them or if I just got a dud. Still, I definitely recommend this. It's also fantastic under any sort of bright pink to create a next-level fuschia you can see from a mile away. A must-have for lipstick lovers who like to keep it bold and fun, but always pretty. EDIT: I recently tried the "Hibiscus" shade. The color is beautiful; I'm very pale and expected it to wear like a variation of hot pink on me, but it's more of a bold coral. It's very unique and looks expensive. Once again, pigmentation is excellent and the formula is creamy, moisturizing, and very forgiving if your lips are in less than perfect condition. HOWEVER, I lowered my overall rating by a star because the packaging is just SO terrible. I have the same problem with this lipstick that I had with my last one where the lipstick rubs off on the side of the tube. It is extremely messy and makes me not want to take this lipstick anywhere with me. The colors/formula in this line are really wonderful, but I'm reluctant to purchase again based solely on how crappy the packaging is since there's nothing worse than getting lipstick everywhere.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

from

6 years ago

I bought this lipstick at my local CVS and oh it's wonderful. It goes on so creamy and lasts for hours. I recommend it for anybody. also it was only $1.99

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

These lipstick are pretty damn excellent for their price, usually less than $3 at most drugstores. Made for women of color, most of the colors look great with darker skintones which isn't something I find too common in most drugstore brands. They have an awesome selection in their collection, from black and dark plums to creamy nudes. The lipsticks are pigmented and creamy which makes them a breeze to apply. My one complaint in the packaging is that when you tear off the seal, you lose the name of the lipstick; if they could put the name as well as the product number at the bottom of the lipstick holder I would have zero complaints. Regardless, I'd still go to the trouble of noting the number down if I ever needed to purchase one of the same shade because they are so great!

About reviewer (178 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

7 years ago

love love love this lipstick I may be a little ahead of my self since I just got it yesterday but I got 5117 which is a nice purple shade and 5027 which I have on right now its a burgundy shade which I wouldnt usually go for but Iove it all there colors pay off nicely the lipstick is not drying... I usually only get MAC but I will say this might actually have me trying drug store lipsticks out for 1.99 this cant be beat. 5024A is a perfect dupe for mac media

About reviewer (31 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

7 years ago

I love Black Radiance. Affordable, pigmented, beautiful. I have several colors (all are off the top of my head to forgive me if I'm incorrect): Brandywine, El Dorado Red, Tiger Lily, Hibiscus, Pale Pink, Pink Dahlia, and Burgundy Royale). Amazing colors. Packaging isn't the best. I have to be super careful when replacing the cap otherwise product scrapes into the inner side of the cap. Definitely will purchase again.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3.0
from

8 years ago

I guess this lipstick is ok nut it is very slippery and when you try to put it on the product goes back down.Do not recommend .

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2.0

9 years ago

I purchased one lipstick, which name I forget but it is like a fuchsia color. When I applied it, oh my goodness, it was like using a crayon on my lips. It was so hard and drying. Even when I base my lips with a balm, it still tugged and dried my lips out. This lipstick might have gone bad so I might try another shade before I give it one lippy.

About reviewer (434 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

9 years ago

You'll love the creaminess and long-wear of this lipstick. My local Walgreen's started carrying the Black Radiance line again. I've searched other brands high and low for the perfect browned-down red -- L'Oreal, Cover Girl Queen Collection, MAC, none could deliver. My search is over. Black Radiance Mahogany fits the bill PERFECTLY. Wish I had known this creamy yet, long-wearing lipstick could be mine for only $1.99. I look forward to trying other colors. Ladies, don't sleep on Black Radiance lipsticks!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Dark

HairBlack

9 years ago

I was searching for a shade of red lipstick that compliments my caramel skin tone and the "Reggae Red" is a perfect match! It's a moist lipstick; a little runny/bleeds, which is the only annoying issue. Of course it fades, but I don't mind having to retouch to get that awesome color again. I've also tried the "glazed beige". It wasn't the right color for me, but I will continue to try their shades.

About reviewer (224 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm