Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

2.6

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 11/15/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This sunscreen is...mah. It doesn't break me out, so good on them, but it doesn't really seem to protect me from the sun, either. With most sunscreens, I seem to be able to stretch out reapplying time to once every three or so hours, but with this, I'm burned within 90 minutes. Overall, it won't clog your pores, as promised, but an SPF of 45 seems a little excessive.

on 3/30/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ick. Even though oil-free, it made my skin a greasy mess.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Quite a mediocre product. It does protect me from the sun, and doesn't really seem to break me out, but it is very greasy and leaves my face not only shiny but with really big pores like a paper towel. I have to put way more foundation over it than I usually use, and powder, and my makeup doesn't last nearly as long. I needed this for everyday!! I'm giving it a 4 for price since it is pretty expensive for what it is. Can't imagine what this has in it that makes it so greasy since there's no oil!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I agree that this seems "greasy" considering it is oil-free, but I still somehow like it and have been wearing it the last week (I bought it for the beach and its November now) becasue I felt like my Keihl's Abyssine SPF15 was making me look too greasy, and I was sick of it. This is not going to give you a matte finish but it is a NICE finish for under makeup. It does not break me out, but I am mainly using it on the dryer parts of my face. The smell is nice to me-- kind of pineapple? Or something. The price is amazing compared to the HE things I usually use (the bottle is 4oz, and it was less than $10) so that's a plus. I am going to keep using this for the moment and recommend it if you like a natural, dewy finish. Use cream blush and just a little powder, and you'll glow :) Just kidding, everyone's different-- but its worth a try, it works for me.

on 6/28/2006 8:09:00 PM

Holy oil slicks batman. This sunscreen felt and looked like baby oil on my face. In addition, it makes my eyes sting and the smell is quite strong (although inoffensive). It does work as a sunscreen so it does do the job. I was about to toss it because of the greasiness. Then I tried it over NeoStrata's toning solution and it completely changed. There is very little shine at all. I will finish the bottle (too cheap to throw it out now) but I won't repurchase.

on 6/10/2006 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all this sunscreen makes me SO greasy. I look like I just rubbed oil into my face. Yuck. Also it made my skin irritated when I put it on. Plus it irritatied me a lot more when I went into a pool with it on. It made my eyes sting really bad. I have semi sensitive skin and this product was not for me.

on 9/22/2005 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff made me break out. Oil-free it says, but it feels gross. This is one of the few products I truly hate. And like most Neutrogena stuff, it stinks.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in hopes the oil-free formula would be non-greasy, but it just isn't. Whenever I wear this, it looks like I just dipped my face into a frying pan. It was 9 dollars for 4 ounces, rather expensive for a drugstore brand. The only good thing about this sunscreen is it didn't break out my oily skin. I would like to try the Ultra Sheer SPF 45 next, in hope it is more matte.
I will not repurchase. I just expected more. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This sunblock feels cool and light and smells lemony. BUT, it makes my face so oily that I wouldn't want to be seen in public looking like that. If it is oil-free then why is my face so oily??? However, I spent a day outside and I did not get burned. I will not buy this again.

on 6/10/2004 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finally a sunscreen that doesn't break me out! I put this on under my makeup every day and it makes it stay on a lot longer.