Origins Matte Stick

No Image

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like the ease of Origins Matte Stick. It is effortless to put on and wear, and the Pink Lemonade color is universally flattering. Minus one lippie because it needs constant sharpening, and because it doesn't last long (although I feel that way about most lipsticks). Very pretty, and I'm happy to repurchase, perhaps with the Origins Underwear for Lips to enhance length of wear.

I love this matte stick! The color goes on matte but it's not drying. My favorite color is the Malt.

on 3/16/2006 9:16:00 PM

Oh heaven! Oh joy! From Mars is the ideal color for ANYONE who truly likes color! If this were just a hair more blendable, I'd love it even more, but its near enough to perfection that I can forgive....

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Eggplant was originally suggested to me years ago, and i've had it ever since. New lipsticks/glosses/colors come and go in my collection, but this little crayon stays safely in my box for the times when i need a classic color that is sophisticated and deep. I wish that it somehow was not in pencil form, just because i hate wasting product on the sharpener, but other than that, i love this color and will probably always have it.

I have the Matte stick in Eggplant. ($13.50 USD) Lovely purply-brownish berry color. The color is beautiful on my pale skin, brown hair green eyes complexion, but it's a little tough to get it even. Also, not as much staying power as I've come to expect from a good matte lipstick. Still, the color is enough to make me want to use it anyway. For about the same price, Trucco makes matte lipsticks that last longer (if a bit drying), and for a bunch more ($22 USD, but worth it) Nars makes a Velvet matte lip pencil that glides on like a dream and stays really well.
This probably deserves 3 1/2 lippies, and it remains to be seen if i'll buy this again. If i can find this great color in a better stick, then no. If not, i'll be tempted...

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ah, sweet matte stick. I live in dread that matte stick in gingersnap will be discontinued, as is the inevitable fate of anything good. Keep the cap on, or it WILL dry out. Otherwise, it is the perfect texture/ shade to slap on if you want to get pretty real quick-like.

on 2/2/2003 9:21:00 PM

This is a nice lip crayon that gives good coverage and has smooth application. I found it to be a bit drying on my lips though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have loved and used Origins Matte Stick in Eggplant for over 4 years and it will remain a staple in my makeup collection. Eggplant is a perfect dark plummy berry color. If you are familiar with Stila Color Courier in Plum, Eggplant is a couple shades deeper. The matte stick is like a chubby lip pencil. I use it to completely fill in my lips for a nice non-drying matte look or I'll add clear lipgloss for a wetter look. It goes great with my MMM Stila D/E skin and yellow undertones. Eggplant is a beautiful color! :)

on 1/20/2003 1:23:00 PM

I have this in both Berry and Malt and have repurchased this lip crayon many times. However, they can be somewhat drying and I sometimes need to add a lip balm over the crayon for moisturizing. But the color stays all day and the crayons last forever.

on 4/6/2004 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I too have used Origins matte stick for a number of years (since the mid-90's). I can't even remember the first color I had. Eggplant is pretty but was too dark on me. Malt is my HG and seems to be a very popular color b/c many times I've went to re-buy it and they've been out of stock. I use it with MAC's Touch : )

Popular Lips Products