LUSH Sandstone soap

LUSH Sandstone soap

Sand, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Perfume, Litsea Cubeba Oil, Coriander Oil (Coriandrum sativum), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

This soap has a lovely lemon scent and is chock full of sand, hence the name. The sand is great for exfoliating, though it is a rough exfoliant so this soap is much better suited to your body rather than for your hands. However, if you have sensitive skin then this might be too rough for you. The scent is nice, but not as strong as some other Lush citrus soaps (like Sexy Peel or Apandapand) and does not last long on the skin. It is a pleasent smell though, a simple lemon. A very summery, beachy scent. However, due to the sand content, this soap does disintegrate much more quickly than your average Lush soap, making it not the best value for money. A nice enough soap, but I believe Lush has better offerings for citrus fans (try Sexy Peel!) but I would not repurchase this one.

on 5/16/2016 11:13:00 PM

The best thing I can say for this soap is about the fresh, robust, citrusy scent. The fine grain scrub of this soap was too harsh for my dry, sensitive skin. While it was definitely exfoliating, it left my skin irritated and red. Even lathering it on my hands and applying it to my body, rather than directly to, was too harsh. I wouldn't purchase again.

To Read all 100 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/8/2016 3:57:00 AM

This is the best exfoliating soap I have ever used and probably my most favourite product that I use at the moment. I received it as a gift off my friend, and have since rebrought.

It has a lovely fresh citrusy smell. It is a nice exfoliater without being too rough or hard on your skin.

I get really hard dry heels. I love to use this on them, and it has really made a difference! When I get low on it I break some off and use an exfoliating glove as well. I will continue to buy this every time I run out :)

on 11/11/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this soap as a gift and loved the citrus scent. However, I don't like the texture at all. I know exfoliation is supposed to feel slightly gritty, but this felt like rubbing sandpaper on my skin. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms (little red, slightly raised dots) and using this soap made them very red and angry-looking. I also had a small dry patch on one arm that was made a whole lot bigger. Maybe my skin is just too sensitive to use Sandstone, but I will definitely not repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lemon scent and exfoliating texture.

on 1/4/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sandstone is an exfoliating soap with an invigorating lemon scent. I regularly use body scrubs, but this is awesome for when I'm sweaty and post-workout, or on humid summer days. It creates a nice lather, but it isn't a moisturizing soap; be sure to use lotion or body oil afterwards. I got a huge chunk at the LUSH store for $22, and even with regular use I have barely made a dent into it. Also, mine doesn't have sand only on one side- all of the Sandstones at the store have it swirled into the soap.

on 10/4/2014 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really love this soap! Smells super lemony fresh and feels nice and gritty because of the sand inside. Gives you a really finely milled, but intense scrub. I love that it's a pretty sturdy soap that doesn't melt easily. Wouldn't recommend using this in the bath though, since you'll be sitting in grains of sand the whole time. Not pleasant. But I'll definitely be buying this again!

This is a brilliant exfoliater in a soap. I love it, has a nice citrus scent which is very fresh. Use this with the Big Blue bathbomb and you can feel the sand on the bottom of the bath and pretend you're in the sea :P Seriously though 100% re-buy, gorgeous smooth skin after using this.

on 12/6/2013 7:24:00 PM

I had never used an exfoliant in a solid form prior to using this soap, but I have to say, the experience was a good one. I'd always been one for a body scrub in a gel or cream form. I like the convenience of this product, it's a nice chunk of soap that you can use on your rough areas. It lasts a long time as well, as long as you keep it away from the direct stream of water in your shower. The smell is very pleasant, energizing citrus. It works great too, and the soap has a creamy moisturizing quality to it, so it leaves your skin feeling really soft. I love this stuff, I just wish it were more accessible to me.

on 11/3/2013 3:07:00 PM

This soap smells so good. I just want to lay in a hammock and smell this soap while I gaze upon the ocean. It has a light citrus scent but there is a definite floral to it as well. Smells more like fresh flowers than citrus to me. The sand element is great for exfoliation. I use it in the shower. The soap doesn't dry my skin out. I am a Lush fanatic and this is one of my favorite Lush soaps.