no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

6 years ago

This is great for a $20 ish dollar foundation in Australia. The texture is lovely, colours are a bit limited but its coverage is medium buildable and gives a nice matte/natural finish. This is fantastic on my dry/sensitive/acne in places skin. It is well worth the price but I do wish that it came with a pump head too. Lasts on my oilyish skin 6+ hours looking perfect and then I re powdered to keep the look fresh and newly applied.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0
from

6 years ago

I stumbled upon this foundation as the store had run out of the Photo Ready Revlon foundation that I usually use. I found this foundation to be effective as a drug store priced foundation. It went on easily and I was able to mix it well with the last of my Revlon foundation to stretch the product out. You get what you pay for and with the foundation it does the job.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I had seen this brand in chemists a couple of times and even though they sold a small variety of fair foundations (which seems to be a rarity these days), I just couldn't bring myself to purchase a brand called "Models Prefer", just seemed a little too cheesy and cliche to me. I use to use a brand from the Covergirl brand which was nice and thin to apply, but always left blotches that I had to attempt evening out. I only brought this brand as a one off when my usual Ivory in the Covergirl range was all sold out and there was nowhere else open to purchase a decent foundation. A sales assistant (also with pale skin) suggested this brand of foundation and the lightest colour (shell) and I brought it as a temporary substitute. BUT now I am HOOKED! it has amazing coverage, evens out well (NO orange blotting!) and is long lasting, still on my face at the end of a long day, which is great considering most foundations tend to fade throughout the day and need some re-application. Also, not much else is required with this brand. I use to put a concealer over the top of the Covergirl stuff, but with Models Prefer not much else foundation/powder based is needed. I was surprised to see some negative comments on here and although I cannot talk for everyone, if you have fair/pale skin, do yourself a favour and give the "shell" foundation tone a go! its under $20 and if often on sale too.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

10 years ago

it has terrible coverage, all the shades are wrong and even after loads of blending, you can still see streaky marks! not good! :( it is also very hard to start it working as i thought mine was broken at first!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

11 years ago

I bought a massive load of this stuff on sale on QVC and this foundation came with it, I was excited to try it as I had never seen anything like it before but was very dissapointed, moving the dials around to change colour, it would take a bit of time for the new color to come through the hole so you would end up wasting alot of either the dark color or the light color, didnt look that great on my skin either.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

11 years ago

I really liked the concept of this, but that is where it stopped. I got this product from a friend that didn't like it ( that should have been a clue ) and I could never get it to give me the right shade and all of the shades have a noticeable orange tint to it. Not my thing at all. I passed it along to another friend who I'm sure threw it away.

About reviewer (165 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

12 years ago

Good idea with the packaging-being able to dial up the colour of foundation you want - but it ends there. When the pump is pressed lots of foundation comes out. I have a combination skin & found the product really oily, irritating and highly perfumed and had to wash it off my skin straight away. It ranks as the worst foundation I have ever tried. I am a PPP and find these endless 'yellow' based foundations are totally useless. I keep being told that the yellow base will neutralise my red tones (they don't they just make me look--YELLOW :) The only good thing is I returned it within my 30 day MBG

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

12 years ago

I've been using Models Prefer for 4 years now. It is the best foundation I've ever used. The pump is awesome! In the summer you can easily change the color to match your skin....and beautifully I might add. It's water based so it's not heavy...it evens out my skin tone. I can't say enough!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

13 years ago

I know the concept of matching your perfect shade sounds tempting but DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. This is an awful foundation. You cannot find your perfect shade, you end up wasting most of it trying to get it out of the pump. The formulation is horrible, no coverage.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

13 years ago

I really love this foundation and I didn't want to! I usually HATE liguid foundations as they always cake on me. Before using this I was using Bare Escentuals mineral foundation which always made my pores look like moon craters, but I stuck to it because it didn't cake. This foundation covers over my pores much much better and looks more natural (no sparkly bits). I think I've been lucky with the pump as I've had no problems with that either. It also lasts well through the day and usually I'm a bit of an oil slick by the end of the day. The only downside is that it takes me a bit longer to apply than mineral foundation.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35