MAC #217 Blending

MAC #217 Blending
#217 BlendingMAC 217 Blending Brush#217 Blending#217 Blending

4.7

my father's nostril hairs

Like other reviews here, I too have 3 of these!! It's the type of brush that gets better over the years. The more you wash it the better it gets. Don't be discouraged if you don't love it when you first use it. It needs to be washed and softened up and it will be your absolute favourite!

on 4/4/2017 12:06:00 AM

I finally got this one, and Im happy I did. this is the best blending brush I've ever used

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I hate using the term "game changer" to describe something, but this is indeed that. It applies crease colors and blends out with so little effort. The first time I used this I was in awe because the contrast to my previous brush and this were night and day. I have a couple other similar brushes to this that work well too but I go for this one the most often by far.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't understand the hype about this brush. Is too poorly made compare to my Bobbi Brown's.
The shape is perfect, and it's nicely soft and firm at the same time, but the brush doesn't hold it's shape for long, the hair start to fluff.

on 3/4/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail eye shadow brush. Takes so little effort to blend flawlessly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have three of these. 'Nough said...JK. This is a great medium to small slightly paddle shaped blending brush. This shape is super popular and for good reason. Because of the size, pretty much everyone can use it. The paddle means you can pack on color using the flat side and the tip to blend. I have tried the Sigma version which is very close but I prefer the MAC. MAC is more solid, the handle heavier and the brush is softer. I have heard people talk about other brushes they like that are similar but I've never tried them and they are too difficult to get ahold of. I'm very satisfied with this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sorry, I know you all love the #217, but I hate this brush. It's so very scratchy and way too stiff. I don't feel that it blended very well, albeit this was probably due the scratch factor.

I actually prefer a drugstore brush- Soho Get a Grip Crease Brush or for tight spots Revlon's Contour Shadow Brush (discontinued).

If you like a firm brush this is probably for you.

I like This brush. It applies colour in the crease well, it's blends well and you can even use it to apply shadow on your lid.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brush is essential, BUT, coastal scents and morphe (which both private label from Crown Brushes, meaning the brushes are the exact same they just have their names stamped on them) have identical dupes to this one. The morphe m433 is identical, I literally cannot tell the difference between the two other than the stamping. That being said this brush is awesome for blending, but mostly I use it to apply crease color and drag it in because it's really soft and diffuses any harsh lines. But I'd skip on paying the price on this one and get it from morphe instead for the same quality.

I will say though, the goat hairs on this brush as well as the morphe one really splits and the hairs splay out, which I hate. No amount of conditioning can fix that but I guess its just what goat hair does.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Nope nope- average and doesn't blend half as smoothly as my soft and amazing purminerals brushes. Very scratchy and irritating to my sensitive eyes. Decent for application but not blending-or maybe the purminerals brushes line spoiled me for this. Also blending is a bit lopsided due to the brush shape (slightly flattened)

Popular Makeup Brushes