MAC #217 Blending

#217 BlendingMAC 217 Blending Brush#217 Blending#217 Blending

4.7

my father's nostril hairs

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't understand the hype about this brush. Is too poorly made compare to my Bobbi Brown's.
The shape is perfect, and it's nicely soft and firm at the same time, but the brush doesn't hold it's shape for long, the hair start to fluff.

on 3/4/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail eye shadow brush. Takes so little effort to blend flawlessly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have three of these. 'Nough said...JK. This is a great medium to small slightly paddle shaped blending brush. This shape is super popular and for good reason. Because of the size, pretty much everyone can use it. The paddle means you can pack on color using the flat side and the tip to blend. I have tried the Sigma version which is very close but I prefer the MAC. MAC is more solid, the handle heavier and the brush is softer. I have heard people talk about other brushes they like that are similar but I've never tried them and they are too difficult to get ahold of. I'm very satisfied with this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sorry, I know you all love the #217, but I hate this brush. It's so very scratchy and way too stiff. I don't feel that it blended very well, albeit this was probably due the scratch factor.

I actually prefer a drugstore brush- Soho Get a Grip Crease Brush or for tight spots Revlon's Contour Shadow Brush (discontinued).

If you like a firm brush this is probably for you.

I like This brush. It applies colour in the crease well, it's blends well and you can even use it to apply shadow on your lid.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brush is essential, BUT, coastal scents and morphe (which both private label from Crown Brushes, meaning the brushes are the exact same they just have their names stamped on them) have identical dupes to this one. The morphe m433 is identical, I literally cannot tell the difference between the two other than the stamping. That being said this brush is awesome for blending, but mostly I use it to apply crease color and drag it in because it's really soft and diffuses any harsh lines. But I'd skip on paying the price on this one and get it from morphe instead for the same quality.

I will say though, the goat hairs on this brush as well as the morphe one really splits and the hairs splay out, which I hate. No amount of conditioning can fix that but I guess its just what goat hair does.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Nope nope- average and doesn't blend half as smoothly as my soft and amazing purminerals brushes. Very scratchy and irritating to my sensitive eyes. Decent for application but not blending-or maybe the purminerals brushes line spoiled me for this. Also blending is a bit lopsided due to the brush shape (slightly flattened)

on 10/21/2016 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My favourite blending brush. Dense enough that you can apply product with it but still super fluffy and blends shadows out perfectly.

This brush is insanely soft and blends out anything. You can honestly use this for your whole eye shadow looks or contouring nose, chin, and jaw. You can also use this for concealer and any cream products. I also have heard of using this for applying concealer and loose powder, especially under the eyes.
It ranges for 21+USD to 45+AUD depending on your location, the highest I have seen in USA (authenic retailer) is 32$. Which is crazy and stupid, it even varies within Mac stores...It is one of the more expensive brands but it is of legendary cult status. You will never use such a great brush. I think its corny and I hate saying THIS but it leaves such a airbrush perfect finish. It will really step up your game I often wonder how YT gurus got the eyes to look flawless and seamless and its cause they use this to bend, once you own a 217 you can literally can just tell who else uses it. It has a very special finish to it.
I knocked a star off because ALL real hair brushes from Mac lose a little of there shape the first time you wash them. WHILE distressing and annoying it can be avioded by not ever washing them. Yep, only use the brush cleaner. But I just can not wash them under the sink if your a make up artist that seriously gross. You touch so many peoples faces, chest, etc and to me thats not cool. Ugh skin cells and stuff.
The price I took off three because after researching I realize it is different everywhere and they are pricey.
And the packaging wtfmac seriously little open plastic sheets, I love mMacs packaging but for their best and most expensive products they are unbelievably cheap and useless.

on 9/28/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I thought I didn't need you, oh sweet MAC 217. I was wrong. Oh, how wrong I was. You filled a spot my H&M brushed just couldn't fill. I hope every makeup lover meets you one day, you magician at blending that I can use even without a freaking mirror. I love you MAC 217, and you were worth every penny

Popular Makeup Brushes