MAC #217 Blending

4.7

my father's nostril hairs

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

😐 MAC #217 (presumably goat hair) can get prickly at certain circular movements, i really dont get what the fuss is all about with this brush. I prefer MAC #224 or Hakuhodo J5522 and G5522 for real fluffy softest.

on 6/30/2017 3:59:00 AM

No no and one more time NO!.
the time when Mac was very good brand ..is gone :(
Since last few years Mac is more open for "normal-everyday make-up people and I have notices that all products are made for quantity not for quality
Foundations, blushes, powders, lipsticks, highlithers and brushes are worst than 10 years ago.
This brish is my biggest mistake! Hair is rough and scratches the eye,after wasching brush has distorted hair overall.
Later I have checked where is that produced....I dont remember good but in China or Bangladesh.
For almost 30euro you will receive weak product which is worth probably 3 $
I have bought it at Mac store in Holland so my brush is for sure original
Welcom in corporation world!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This brush is a true workhorse. I have hooded eyes, so I do buff my crease out and up quite a bit. The famous 217 blends like a dream and never feels stiff or stratchy. I have had mine for at least seven or eight years, and after multiple washings it still holds up, doesn't shed, and dries without the bristles being flayed. The handle and the ferrule are still in good condition as well with just the numbers worn off. I am glad that I purchased this, but if something happened to this one I'd pick up a dupe since MAC is no longer considered cruelty free.

on 6/14/2017 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great quality, have used this for years. Cool tool for my everyday makeup routine.
My handy makeup buddy!

on 6/10/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have loved this brush ever since I used it a few months ago! It blends eyeshadow so smoothly! It is so soft! I clean mine with a fragrance-free soap and it's just like new! This is a must have brush for me.

Like other reviews here, I too have 3 of these!! It's the type of brush that gets better over the years. The more you wash it the better it gets. Don't be discouraged if you don't love it when you first use it. It needs to be washed and softened up and it will be your absolute favourite!

on 4/4/2017 12:06:00 AM

I finally got this one, and Im happy I did. this is the best blending brush I've ever used

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I hate using the term "game changer" to describe something, but this is indeed that. It applies crease colors and blends out with so little effort. The first time I used this I was in awe because the contrast to my previous brush and this were night and day. I have a couple other similar brushes to this that work well too but I go for this one the most often by far.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand the hype about this brush. Is too poorly made compare to my Bobbi Brown's.
The shape is perfect, and it's nicely soft and firm at the same time, but the brush doesn't hold it's shape for long, the hair start to fluff.

on 3/4/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail eye shadow brush. Takes so little effort to blend flawlessly.

Popular Makeup Brushes