4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I adore this brush. Not that applying blush is rocket science, but this makes it even easier and fun. The blush appears to blend out by itself thanks to the softness and just the right resistance the bristles have. As much as I love this brush, however, I hate that it sheds so much! I've had the brush for a year now, and it's still shedding, mostly when I wash it, but sometimes on my face as well. That I would still consider repurchasing shows how much I'm a fan!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

Well! This is a gem! I saw this brush being used by one of my favourite beauty bloggers (Lily Pebbles) and it caught my eye right away. Something about it just piqued my interest so when I looked into it and saw it was pretty reasonably priced I had to go for it. First impressions were that it was really big! Not the brush head itself but the handle; it's really pretty long. It sort of has an artists painting brush feel about it. The brush itself is made out of natural hair (squirrel). The brush has a soft but not too soft feel about it. I think it gets it just right in terms of how soft it feels to use versus how firm it needs to be to really allow you to work product into the skin, gently. The real test is how it applies powder blush and I am so happy with it. Obviously it all depends on the product you are using/how pigmented it is/how you adapt your own technique accordingly etc... but I have achieved fabulous results- with very little effort on my part in order to have to 'learn' how to use the brush to its best effect. It seems pretty foolproof in that regard. I would normally gravitate towards a smaller brush head but the size of this seems to work really well for me- covering the right sort of surface area and blending out naturally.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

Let me start off by saying that if you want to buy this brush... you should check out camerareadycosmetics.com because I got an amazing deal. <br><br> I've been a loyal user to the MAC 116 for the longest. The MAC 116 will give you a very strong, precise application while the Japonesque blush brush will give you a more blended, diffused look. It is thee softest brush I have ever put on my face. It is softer than the MAC 168 and softer than the Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki. <br><br> Like everyone else has said, it picks up the right amount of color. I have not experienced shedding. I wish the shape of the brush was more constructed like the MAC 116. I love both brushes and I think each serves a completely different purpose. I'd say the Japonesque applies blush similarly to the MAC 187. The only reason why I give it 4 lippies is because I think it should be more densely packed. I will be purchasing more Japonesque brushes in the future and I highly, highly recommend this brush! A+ love it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

I must say, this is the softest brush I've ever felt, and though I don't own a very expensive brush, I do go touching them a lot in department stores, so for blush brushes, this one definitely way way softer than the M.A.C. though I don't know the number corresponding blush brush, but I do go touching them a lot and it just never felt SOO great that I had to get one. The blush brush that I almost got if the price wasn't so high is the Shu Uemura blush brush (I go touch this one a lot) but this Japonesque blush brush is so much softer than even the Shu. I haven't washed it yet, but I played with it a lot yesterday and today, and no hair came off, picked up color fine, but the application of it is little different, because my current blush brush, Mystic Blusher (got from a profession salon supply store) is fluffy, while this brush is flat. I am still getting used to the long handle, since the Mystic one is very short, but it is not brothering me, the part that is is putting the brush back into storage after use. But definitely definitely go buy this brush if you can find a good deal, from touch its nicer than Shu, MAC, Bobby Brown, Sephora and so on. I won't common on usage since I don't own the expensive ones, but this brush wins in softness and smoothness big time. Note though, compare to the only named brand brush I have, the Shu Uemura retratable face brush (pony hair), the Japonesque bristles doesn't seem to do as well on picking up my blush (shu uemura) on the tip of the bristle, but if you use the side of the brush, it works beautifully, versus the round Shu is akward side ways.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

12 years ago

This brush is amazingly soft, maybe too soft to be the perfect blush brush, but it feels heavenly on my face and I'm not complaining. It's densely packed, the perfect size for the job, it doesn't shed and I haven't had any problems washing it (I use MAC brush cleanser). Sometimes it may pick up too much pigment when using highly pigmented blushers (Pout Berry Babe), I just need to give it a good tap before going on my face. I've managed to use this brush for contouring (I don't own a contouring brush), although I'd prefer a firmer brush for that. I haven't tried using it with cream blushers, I don't think it would work with it being so soft. I am really pleased with this brush and now tempted to get a Japonesque powder brush.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

It's not my favorite blush brush. It's just way too soft so it doesn't apply my blush quickly the way I like it. It doesn't grab the product as well. It's very nice and soft, I like it, but it's not the best blush brush out there. As much as I love Japonesque brushes, this is not on my top.

About reviewer (641 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrown

3.0

13 years ago

Oh my...what an amazing brush. I have been looking at several brushes because it is an investment and there is no other brush that compares to this one. It's the perfect size (I have a small face so most blush brushes are way too big) and the softness is unreal. I was concerned because it's so soft that it would require more layering to get enough blush on the brush, but not so. It really surprised me. Compared to the 116 Mac Brush, this one has softer bristles and is not as dense as the Mac, so the application is not as heavy, and I don't have to "smooth" out the blush. For a few dollars more, I found this one to be perfect brush for the look I want. Really fantastic and worth evey dime. Edit: After I washed it, it smelled horrible -- like wet dog. I returned it and went back to my Mac - the search continues

About reviewer (401 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

13 years ago

I agree with all the other reviewers that this brush is fantastic for picking up just the right amount of pigment from your blush. Since I just started using Nars blush, I needed a quality brush because Nars blushes are highly pigmented,(very good quality), and I used a cheap brush to apply and looked like a hooker even though I blended and used tissue to blot ect. But with this brush, that does not happen. All my makeup brushes are Japonessque. They make the best brushes around for perfect application every time. Well worth the investment.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

13 years ago

the blush brush creates a flawless application everytime. i never worry about putting to much blush on: its seems to help deposit just the right amount of color. i"ll never buy another.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther

HairOther

13 years ago

This is really so soft and picks up just the right pigment. I said I'd buy this again but I've been using this for more than 3 years now and still hasn't shed a bit.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55