MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix + Matte Mattifying Mist

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix + Matte Mattifying Mist
Prep + Prime Fix + Matte Mattifying MistPrep + Prime Fix + Matte Mattifying Mist

3.3

on 7/30/2018 4:18:00 PM

i have the original version and this one. I like both for different reasons. Both are very refreshing but dry down complete opposite. The matte one obviously is what i carry around with me in my purse to help with my oiliness. I have very oily tzones and it is summer at the moment. initial spritz do make my skin feel a bit tight but it does go away and leaves my skin with a matte but not flat finish. It absorbs the oils but does not feel like i have a heavy powder on. My bf said i look shiney but not greasy so i am guessing he meant dewy and not greasy lol. i like that this has less of a smell than the original one. But i do enjoy the smell and it doesnt linger. I have also tried the goldlite gold shimmer version on my arms and i dont really see a big difference. in comparison i will def lean towards the matte version above all of the ones ive tried. The orignal version is great when i have drier skin in the winter months to melt my makeup and also to intensify eyeshadows. I do love both of these and will repurchase both. Although one thing i must mention, this one does have alchohol den. in it so i dont know how some people may react to it. i havent been reacting to it but ill update once i use this for awhile. I do not use foundation or powder so this works great to help me look less nasty specially in the hotter months. I dont even need blotting paper anymore

edit- i returned this. i think this is breaking me out, not in cycstic inflammed pimples but tiny whiteheads at random places. i am so sad because it works so good in absorbing oils. But im guessing since the alcohol denat. is so high on the list it ends up drying out my skin then my skin in return gets more oily? im not sure but i rather not risk it, i guess im going back to blotting papers ! very sad

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i don't know if it is my skin,but it didn't help at all.I use it after my make up and it didn't do anything.I'm really upset cause i threw my money.Mac is a good company,but this product is not good,at least for me.So don't recommend it.I am searching for something else.Let's hope i will find it someday.

on 6/21/2018 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very good setting spray for oily skin. It keeps me matte longer and gives a nice finish to the skin. Typical MAC pricing...not a bargain but not outrageous. Nice light smell too. The mist could be finer. A keeper for sure.

on 6/11/2018 1:08:00 PM

I’ve used the original for years but was extremely excited to try the Matte version as a setting spray and hopefully keep me less oily by midday.

That it does.... I use it as the last step after makeup OR last step if not wearing any after moisturizer/sunscreen.

It takes a good 5 mins to dry down and see the effects...once it does WOW. A nice finish...I wouldn’t call it completely matte. More in between Matte and Satin with a velvet feel to skin. The finish stays the same through day. Normally I’d have to use blotting papers by midday and with this I don’t. I haven’t yet tried re spraying once oily later on, but I’m sure it would be just as amazing.

I was a little scared to buy at first as the second ingredient is Alcohol Denat. But then I realize, I’m adding it as last step on top of already layers of products on skin, so the alcohol never really comes in contact and if you spray 12cm away! Most of it dissipates in the air.

I’ve heard reviewers complaining it leaves white streaks, I’ve never had that problem, but you have to really make sure to shake it well to blend the silica and powders with liquid.

Hope this review helps :)