Emily Skin Soothers -Liquid Soap Soother

Emily Skin Soothers -Liquid Soap Soother

1 review

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

An indie brand of moisturizers and cleansers made from limited-ingredient all-natural ingredients. I found this at my local privately owned natural foods store, ziggymama recommended the bar soap to another MUAer and I could not find that, so I tried this instead.
This is a natural soap base of coconut, olive and jojoba oils with aloe, guar gum and rosemary extract added at the saponification stage. Then they superfat it with herb infused olive oil. If you have ever tried to do similar and add an oil to liquid castile soap, you know how difficult it is to keep it blended and will kind of have an idea what this is like in texture. It needs to be shaken well before use. In fact, this one is very thick and needs lots of shaking, and I mean lots, especially if it’s sat a few weeks.
It has been most amazing in that it removes all of my makeup, the heaviest thing I wear being Estee Lauder doublewear. It will leave a film on the skin... some may not like this if they prefer their skin to be squeaky clean, but since my skin is very dry I’ve come to prefer this after-feel as it is slightly hydrating and generally means my skin hasn’t been stripped to where I need to pile on a ton of moisturizer all the time. I think cleansing, being the first step in any skin care routine, should be treated with much caution and care, avoiding anything that exaggerates an unpreferred skin type.

Popular Gels/Soaps