L.A. Girl Just Because

4.5

on 7/28/2018 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

after reading her thoughts, i have to agree wholeheartedly with the reviewer below me on virtually all points - this is a really nice contour product for fair skin. before this i only ever tried NYX taupe which pulled very red on my skin; i use it on my neck exclusively now because the color is so obviously off on my actual face. it's also a bit deeper than Just Because, imho.

there's a lot of kickup with this product which is unfortunate because the pan is deceptively shallow, and you really need to tap off excess to get a nice blend. using a very light hand is important too. i do really like this contour, but i wish the pan was much deeper - i've been using this only a couple of days a week for only about a month now and i've already hit significant pan. i use it on my temples and just generally along the perimeter of my face to give the illusion of slimming it down a bit; i'm not carving out cheekbones with this lol. so if you use it for that and that alone you'll probably use much less than i do. it's also a really nice crease shade on the eyes for neutral makeup.

i would repurchase as i dont think there's anything else like it on the market for fair skin at the drugstore (that's also CF). but i do really wish it came with way more product than it does.

*more detailed info on my undertones listed on my profile.

on 12/28/2017 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

9/20/2018: I'm still loving this product. It's honestly the best one I've ever found for contouring my skintone.

I just wanted to edit that Sephora brought back Tranquil mentioned below. LA Girl Just Because "blush" beat the original by a mile and the newly reformulated Sephora Tranquil "blush" is nothing like their original product. It's more of a brown based shade, taking any originality out of what customers loved about it. Theres not enough grey based contour products on the market. Most of us don't have tan shadows on our faces naturally lol.

LA Girl Just Because still rules all.
---

This is a badass product and no doubt on my Top 10 New Favorite Products of 2017 list. I doubt this review will get much attention given the fact there's 0 reviews as I write/submit this for ANY of the blushes in LA Girl Just Blushing line.

Right now a lot of ladies are irked that Sephora discontinued their blush called Tranquil. It was a pale contour product and one of the few on the market to lean more grey than orange. JUST BECAUSE FITS THE BILL AND IS MUCH BETTER. More pigmentation, similar shade, cheaper pricepoint, doesn't get that hard nasty topcoat of oil build up, and has the same grey undertone when compared to Tranquil.

The shade Just Because is a medium taupe. In the pan and even swatched, it looks scary. Especially since I love natural looks. I am a little paler than NC10 (very pale/neutral leaning yellow). It doesn't help that the pigmentation of this product is INSANE. So I for sure thought it'd look like dirt on my face.

Once applied it actually looks like natural shadows. The trick is using the proper brush, a light hand, and tons of blending. For what it's worth the only area I contour is my nose. Do I need contouring? No. But full coverage foundation tends to make my nose look much less defined/bigger. So I add warmth back in. Using this is like an instant nosejob.

Last but not least, the powder itself is great quality. In addition to the high pigmentation, it's very finely milled and blends INTO my foundation rather than just sitting on top. I will note that I dropped this blush on a concrete floor and somehow it did not break. Amazing.

I need back ups.