E.L.F. Aqua Beauty Primer Mist

E.L.F. Aqua Beauty Primer Mist

1 review

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edited: I took off a lippie after realizing this is only 1 oz of product. The bottle leads one to believe there'd be 4 to 6 oz worth. Not a good surprise and now the price per oz seems ridiculous. I still really like the formula
---
This product is definitely not what one would expect. Regardless it's turned out to be useful for me.

First of all, ELF Aqua Beauty Primer Mist is more of a skincare product than a traditional liquid make up primer. There is no velvet-y silicone finish or pore minimizing properties. I'd say it's closest to being a toner. The ingredients are on par, and it dries down to nothing. You would think it's just water. Dry skinned gals should probably skip this one if a hydrating formula is needed.

Now... I like ELF Aqua Beauty Primer Mist because it plays nicely with my foundation. I use it to sheer out a very heavy/matte/full coverage formula. Since the "primer" dries down to nothing, it doesn't mess with the finish. Sometimes mixing a primer in will just cause foundation to get greasy fast. Not with this one. I just end up with a much more natural looking result.

There were a few ingredients that originally concerned me, such as the niacinamide and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e). Both definitely have their place in skincare. But I am acne prone, and they typically break me out. However this surprisingly hasn't caused any break outs. Which leads me to believe the content of the two ingredients is quite low, especially since it's able to dry down to nothing. Vitamin e typically will not fully set/dry. If anything my skin actually really likes the formula. I noticed my rosacea is less apparent when I go to remove my make up at night.

One big flaw is the packaging. The mister makes it useless for applying directly to your face. Instead of spraying a fine mist, it comes out like a squirt gun. Since I've been mixing this into my foundation lately, that doesn't matter to me. But for most people - I imagine this is a big con. You can't use it to set or refresh your make up without getting your face drenched in concentrated areas.

I will repurchase.