Zoya Tommy

No Image

1 review

on 9/19/2017 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Zoya describes Tommy and a blue/purple lipstick and I definitely agree with the color assessment. This lipstick is extremely well pigmentated. Unfortunately for me, I love the color but it does not look good on me. I have a pale skin with pink undertones. My lips are quite pink and well pigmented and thus this lipstick looks very goth on me. Not a good look at my age. However, I do think that it would be fabulous on someone with a darker complexion.

Tommy is smooth and creamy. It applies smoothly and evenly without skipping or pulling. It builds easily. It is odorless, tasteless and non drying. Though creamy it isn't sloppy nor does it spread to your teeth as some creamy lipsticks do. Tommy wears an average amount of time. Without food or drink you should be good for 4 to 6 hours. Of course, with food and/or drink it will require more frequent application.

Zoya lipsticks are packaged in the standard twist up lipstick tube. I think that packaging looks a little nicer than some lipsticks as the packaging is black so it looks a bit classier.

Tommy is $12 retail and IMO that is a good price for a high quality lipstick. However, the Zoya site frequently has sales so that is the best time to buy. I think I paid half price for Tommy.

Though I would not purchase Tommy again for myself for the reasons mentioned above, I do think that it would be lovely one someone with a different complexion. I am going to try to layer it with another color to see if I can make it work for me.