NYX Professional Makeup Matte Lipstick - Alabama

No Image

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Recently I've been obsessed with finding the perfect red lipstick to suit my face and my personality. Eureka! NYX Matte Lipstick in Alabama is it. It's described as "Brick Red," which is spot on. I love the formula of this lipstick. It's very pigmented and stays put for hours unless you drink a lot or eat a meal. As with any matte lipstick, however, you do have to prep your lips before application to ensure that it doesn't make your lips look dry. I probably wouldn't need to apply a lip liner with this lipstick because it's similar to most contemporary matte lipsticks, which don't tend to bleed, but here are some suggested lip liner pairings: NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Deep Red, NYX Slide On Lip Pencil in Brick House, Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Ravish or Obsession, and Maybelline Color Sensational Cream Liner 150 Brick Red. (If you like this color but prefer a creamy formula, I recommend NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Snow White. NYX describes Snow White as "deep blue-toned red." I think that's an error. I don't see any blue in it. I'd describe it as being a deep BROWN-toned red.)

on 1/30/2018 8:23:00 PM

Alabama is not really bright but it certainly has depth. It is almost a true red with a touch of brown. It is rather muted but still has a lot of color. It is matte but not a drying matte. An outstanding shade and an outstanding texture. I love it.

on 8/14/2017 10:56:00 PM

A deep, vampy, blood red. But because it's a little muted, not a bright, in-your-face vintage blue red, it's actually a little easier to wear, imo. My husband--who doesn't normally like bright red lipstick on me--said when I walked into the room wearing it for the first time, "wow, you look really pretty."
Even though it's matte, it didn't dry my lips out and it went on smoothly without any tugging. If you start with a lip primer and then put on a couple of coats (with blotting in between of course) it lasts for hours.