NIVEA Nivea Sun Cream Care UV Cream Sunscreen SPF 50+ PA++++

NIVEA Nivea Sun Cream Care UV Cream Sunscreen SPF 50+ PA++++

UV Filters: Octinoxate, Zinc Oxide, Uvinul T 150, Tinosorb S, Uvinul A Plus.Ingredients: water, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), zinc oxide, cyclopentasiloxane, alcohol, glyceryl stearate, propylene glycol, dimethicone, PEG-55 stearate, ethylhexyl triazone (Uvinul T 150), bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine (Tinosorb S), diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate (Uvinul A Plus), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, squalane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, C12-13 alkyl glyceryl hydrolyzed hyaluronate, cetyl alcohol, PEG-10 dimethicone, C13-14 isoparaffin, stearyl alcohol, methicone, laureth-7, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, polyacrylamide, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, disodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I thought this would be another miss but it turns out, I really like this sunscreen. I try a ton of sunscreens every year. A lot of them are never repurchased let alone used up.

Keep in mind, my skin is actually very oily. However its flakes from time to time due to chemical exfoliation and after moving to Arizona, I needed more moisture. My all zinc sunscreen wasn't getting along with these changes. I can't use a 100% UV chemical filters sunscreen due to heat reactions. So I needed a combo of physical/chemical.

This is definitely on the heavier side but I feel like my skin can still "breathe". Some sunscreens are so thick and nasty that it feels like my skin is being suffocated under a layer of grease. So I'm glad that's not the case here. This is very hydrating and keeps the flakes at bay.

A big pro to this product is it wears great under my make up. I wear very matte formulas (because I'm so oily) and some skincare products will ball up upon application. Which ruins everything. My foundation just glides onto this.

I do wish this was alcohol-free. Surprisingly though, I've had 0 adverse reactions to the product despite its ingredient list.

I will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have very sensitive, dry, rosacean, reactive, acne-prone skin and I am quite pale (N10) and burn easily through most sunscreens. I don't usually like Asian sunscreens because they often have alcohol in high concentrations which makes me turn bright flaming red for hours. I saw a recommendation for this product posted on the MUA skincare board for my skin type. The price is right so I thought I would give it a try. I love it. No redness, no white cast, no irritation or breakouts from it, it isn't drying and it wears great under makeup. The best part is that I tested in strong sun for 45 minutes and didn't burn at all through it. I know that isn't that long, but I usually burn through any sunscreen regardless of spf in 30 minutes, so for me that's a win. I can't read the ingredients because the packaging is in Japanese (I think) but it smells like alcohol and dries so quickly that it must contain it. Even so, it hasn't had any of the usual effects on my supersensitive skin so the formula is working for me. Because of the alcohol I don't use this everyday - I alternate with my Dermaquest ZinClear to make sure I don't get irritated from it. I would encourage dry rosaceans to give this one a try - it's definitely in my top 5 sunscreens overall.

on 6/30/2017 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Holy Grail sunscreen for the dry, chilly Australian winter. I really hope they dont discontinue this! It works out to be a bit pricy with the shipping but when using it just on the face for the colder months you can make it work. If it was a bit cheaper Id use it on my body too!
If feels like a luxurious, farily thick facial moisturizer (yet light/invisible once it sets) and doesnt clog me up or break me out (where as the australian nivea in the blue tin does), not tacky once dry, goes on with a slight white cast but dries invisible (at least on me Im NC15). Says it contains jojoba oil, hylaronic acid and squaline, as well as having a high SPF and PA rating. Sits nicely under make up and eliminates the need for a moisturizer under my suncreen during winter for my normal/dry skin. Only caveat is its not water/sweat proof, so it works out ideal for winter time but you'll probably want something more tenacious for summer. Overall it feels like using a really good wuality facial moisturizer that also primes and protects your skin! Love it!!