ColourPop Ultra Blotted Lip

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

So i bought the shade " Cherry on Top " and i was so excited to try it. The application is soooo disappointing though. It's patchy and around the edges of your mouth a line of product forms.

Although i have found that if if you apply with a finger rather than the applicator, it looks far nicer. Also i've heard that this problem is only occurring in darker shades. I will say that it feels so light and lovely on the lips and stays of sooooooo well. Even if it does come off, it fades nicely.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't own many liquid lipsticks as they tend to be super drying and the colour payoff is quite opaque. I usually go with lipsticks/liptints that only gives a slight tint on my lips.
However, when I heard that Colourpop's new Ultra Blotted Lip was inspired by Korean lip tints, I knew that I'll have to try them out.
I purchased 3 shades, Zuma, Doozy and Double Scoop. I have to say that these are different from other liquid lipsticks as they applies on light and thin, but also with a matte finish, it's an interesting formula that I have never tried before. However, you can't apply it with more than 2 layers, the payoff will look patchy as the product accumulates and sticks together. The lip colour only wears off when I eat oily food, which is quite impressive. A few fine lines shows on my lips wearing the Ultra Blotted Lip but I think it's still acceptable for a liquid lipstick with a matte finish.
I think Zuma and Doozy looks good on everyone. Zuma is a warm mauve colour, leaning more to a brownish undertone. It is the perfect MLBB colour on my lips ; while Doozy is a warm rose colour, wearing it makes me look more mature.
Double Scoop doesn't look good on me. It does not look smooth on my lips and crumbles in my inner lip. I also thought the colour would be lighter and more coral-ish, but it turns out to be super neon and bright.
I would definitely repurchase Zuma and Doozy, and would maybe try out some other shades.

This is a new offering from ColourPop (as of April 2017). I like matte lip looks, as well as sheer and blotted ones, so this was a must-try. (Plus I liked the Blotted Lip line, too.)

ColourPop describes the Ultra Blotted Lip as:

"A medium coverage matte lipstick that creates a soft, diffused look. It is completely transfer-proof and long-wearing but also lightweight and comfortable. No cracking or flaking! Leaves lips smooth and fresh."

While I like matte lipsticks, I don't care for super long-wearing liquid matte formulas and I don't like the ones that set and it takes a Brillo pad and oil to remove. Considering how much I liked the Blotted Lip formula, which is sheer and matte, I decided to take a leap of faith here. I'm glad I did.

For starters, it comes in a gloss form, with a doefoot applicator. There's no real scent or flavor.

I only purchased Slide, described as a dusty pink. It is a sheer, cool to neutral pink. It's very MLBB, especially on me as a light-complected white woman. I thought MLBB territory would be the best way to try it out. I advise applying this to clean, bare lips, ones that are well exfoliated. Ideally I'll have put on some balm a bit earlier and patted it off before applying this. Slide is easy to apply, and it is a sheer pinky nude color. It sets after maybe 10 to 15 seconds.

The formula is not difficult to work with. Once it sets my lips have a pretty, sheer matte look, and they feel almost powdery, but not in a sense that the product will flake off. At first I felt compelled to lick my lips, but once I kicked that notion from my head the lipstick just was there as sort of a neutral texture. It's not drying on me, but it's also not hydrating. It's just a light coat of something sort of soft, but not balmy.

It lasts a decent amount of time. I can drink wine or coffee, or eat something without fear of it wearing off in a hurry. If I apply too much, however, it can settle in lip lines -- just a tiny bit. For that reason I don't intend to try any of the brighter or darker shades. I did place an order for Doozy, however, which is another MLBB but more of a warmer neutral rose.

I am finding Slide to be a nice addition to my lipstick collection and am enjoying wearing it when I'll be out and about and don't want to think about frequent touch-ups.