NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water / Aqua / Eau, Glycerin, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I have been vegan since July of last year and I have been trying different drugstore cruelty free foundations.
I used to use Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation for combination /oily skin in the color 180 sand beige . That was my go to foundation although it's a heavy medium to full coverage foundation I loved it because it was sweat proof, water proof , the color selection it great and it comes in two formulas normal / dry and combo/oily . It dries fast and last a few months for me but not being cruelty free and now being vegan I searched for a animal cruelty free foundation and there are several brands and I did try a few. I have tried Elf, Milani and wet N wild . By far this is my favorite. I will say the color selection is impressive they have at least 24 colors . They only have one formula but I can use it. I do suggest using a primer and powder .The foundation is really liquidy which is different from the consistency from Revlon because Revlon is more like a pudding while this is more like melted ice cream. I love that you can have light to full coverage . The packaging is cute but do be careful you can easily spill it because when you take out the stopper there is a big whole and nothing preventing the product from spilling out I hope they work on that . You only get .43 oz of product which is much less than the usual 1oz with other brands but I have had it over 3 weeks and I still have plenty of product. Also it looks like your skin but better great for a no makeup look or full glam meaning they will not see makeup they will see you . It photographs well and does not oxidize . It also lasts at least 8 10 12 hours it can look cakey at the end of 10 to 12 hours but most foundations do .It goes for $13.99 at Ulta and is sold almost everywhere you can also purchase it online . I use the color buff . I also use my fingers to apply the foundation but you can use a sponge or brush . All in all I would recommend this foundation and NYX is an animal cruelty free brand available at most drugstores and Ulta and NYX online . I think it is worth checking out.

on 2/8/2018 2:02:00 PM

This is is an absolutely stunning foundation. The color choices are superb. This is absolutely beautiful on this skin. Looks better than Armani!!! Please never stop making, it is remarkable. Who would have thought. Works wonders on my mature skin. Its great for mixing with other foundations to lighten or darken them. The most negative thing I have to say is that it is expensive for the little amount BUT well worth it. Its giving my Revlon Colorstay some good competition!

on 1/31/2018 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the worst foundations I've ever tried (I've had over 50 different ones). It is fun to apply (after shaking it up well) because of the consistency, but it goes on patchy and streaky, and accentuates texture really badly, no matter what method I used: with fingers it is patchy, with brush it is streaky, and a beauty blender just soaks the product up. It's possible to use fingers, then beauty blender after, but it does take some of the coverage off. It says that this can be built up to full coverage, but I can't recommend that - it looks very unnatural on me

I'm definitely not a fan of the finish - it is caky and noticeable on my skin, even when very little product is used. It enhanced any flaking and texture (and I don't have much of either), so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that has texture issues. This also never sets on its own, which is fine - it's not uncommon for some foundations to be like that, however: I find that it's awkward to try to set this, as it doesn't adhere properly to my skin - it kinda floats on it. When I try to set it with a fluffy bush, which I think should work for all foundations, the foundation moves around a little and the brush leaves streaks. But the problems don't end here: even when this is set, it still transfers very badly; as said: it's like it doesn't adhere to my skin. This is bad news for any products applied on top: they just don't apply as evenly as with other foundations I have

I don't know what climate this is good for, but warm and humid seems like a big no-no, because this foundation breaks up, slides around, slides off (literally, down the face) and takes other makeup with it. When I applied this on my upper eyelid, which I commonly do with other foundations, when this began sliding off, it took my mascara with it... Generally, this doesn't last more than 2-3 hours on me before beginning to separate and break up.

The only good thing I can say about this is that it didn't break me out, but I don't know whether this clogs pores or not, because I'm too annoyed by this foundation to wear it for a prolonged amount of time. I think the formulation of it is just not good: usually, such foundations are made with ingredients that either evaporate from the skin or absorb into it, but this retains some of that liquid, which I think is the problem for me. It might be that it's something that is supposed to be absorbed, and MY skin doesn't want to

on 1/27/2018 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'v been lurking on Makeupalley for ages and never felt compelled to write a review before this one. I'm 32, ethnically Pakistani, and have basically never worn foundation until now because EVERY FOUNDATION (powder or liquid) I have ever tried has broke me out - except for this one. With the tiniest bit on my brush I get excellent coverage, going over under eye circles and blemishes with concealer afterwards of course. It leaves my skin looking and feeling smooth and dewy. I use their stripped off remover with cotton pads and then my facewash to get it off.

on 1/21/2018 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This foundation has me SO confused. I'm quote torn about it. But in sum,
Pros:
- buildable, medium-full coverage
- works with both a sponge and brush
- good size for travel
- doesn't break down with my oily skin, stays put on my face a whole day out (~12 hours)
- great shade range, i usually have trouble finding foundations that match my fair yellow-undertone skin.
Cons:
- very expensive for how small it is
- glass bottle (bougie for drugstore but i'm clumsy)
- you cannot layer ANY cream product over this, even before you set it with powder. You will not for the life of you be able to cream contour/ highlight or use cream blush with this foundation because for whatever reason it will come right off. I can't even use most of my concealers on top of it, when i use this foundation i have to conceal before. Like it sort of sets into this film over your face, and any cream broduct breaks it down in those areas and makes your complexion look patchy.

I still use this because it was quite costly for nyx and i don't want to throw it out, and it's not horrible, i just wouldn't repurchase it. I have to be very methodical about what products i want to use with it because it doesn't seem to agree with many. A bit too much of a hassle considering it's not the best thing that's ever been on my face (no innuendo).

on 1/14/2018 10:52:00 PM

Aside from a Pixi Tinted Moisturizer that I like, I just don't have any luck with drugstore foundation, and never buy any..this is actually expensive for drugstore @$14 for .43 fluid ounces, so it's less than half the size of the average bottle/ tube which are 1 full ounce..Ulta taunted me Friday with an email for 5x the points on NYX purchases, plus an extra 250 points if I spent over $60 on any brand.. I obviously went on my merry way to Ulta the next day😜.. Im N25, very neutral combo/mature skin, no acne, and no dark marks(just dark undereyes).. The last few years as I've reached my late 40's I've just hated every single foundation on me .. I had finally found a few I really liked and rotated; Becca Aqua Luminous, MAC Face and Body, Too Faced BTW, or Lancome or Bobbi Brown powder compact foundation.. I have only worn this NYX twice now, but it's pretty good, and I'm happy to have found a drugstore foundation that I will actually repurchase and not toss out like I have with Fit Me, Color Stay, WNW Photo Focus etc etc.. Definitely recommend this product;

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination skin with lots of dry patches during the winter and was a bit sceptical before buying it since a lot of reviews said it was terrible on dry skin. I still decided to give it a try and completely fell in love with this product. It's literally the first foundation ever that 100% matches my skin tone (Vanilla).
I mixed a few drops of the foundation with a few drops of argan oil and it turned out AMAZING! super dewy and glowing skin, would absolutely recommend anyone (with dry and even not so dry skin) trying this!

on 1/7/2018 9:15:00 PM

its got rly yellow undertones but i saw the shade range expand to other undertones which is good yknow. im in between beige and golden, but i never rly can get my shade (even going to sephora to get fenty i couldnt get an exact shade, but its cool cause i mix a lot). rlyyyyy runny. but i like the idea of buildable coverage. for $14 its not bad, just wish it was somewhat cheaper, but compared to $20+ foundations ill take drugstore in a heartbeat.
i cover my acne w a green corrector before using this and blend in my foundation and my hyper pigmentation is goneeeee. and my skin hasn’t reacted badly to this. i have oily/combo skin with occasional dry patches and this foundation stays on throughout my 8 hour work day. my oily skin does show through after about 2-4 hours but it never melts or separates. a little blotting paper or translucent powder can fix it.

Stuck to all the dry patches on my skin :(

I tried blending it with fingers, sponge and brush but I found it looked cakey anyway I tried it. I love NYX products but this was not for me

So I bought this product the other day because I saw so many girls on Instagram using it and I thought I should give it a try. It didn't work for me, at all (I have combination skin).
Let's start with the pro's:
- It's pretty easy to find a match (and usually for me it's hard because I'm so white)
- It doesn't oxidizes
- It's not expensive
Those were all the good things I could find. ALL of them. It's such a bad foundation and let's not talk about the applicator. The drop thing just makes everything messier. The formula is just awful. My skin is pretty dry in some areas and the foundation would make everything worse. It looked like it was falling apart everywhere and it was so so cakey! So if you have dry skin it's a big NO. The same to oily skin. My T area (which is oily) looked nice in the first couple of minutes and then it just became a huge mess. It was oily and somehow cakey at the same time. Not natural and definitely not pretty. Also, it says it's buildable but the more drops you put, the more cakey and awful it looks. Definitely NOT buying again and I don't recommend for anyone.