Napoleon Perdis Foundation

No Image

4.3

This foundation is beautiful and is definitely worth $69. Mine also came with a brush which was great! 10/10!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Napoleon Perdis Mineral Liquid Foundation in Look 2. With a good primer & concealer this foundation lasts all day and looks flawless. I love it and have bought two bottles but it is really expensive and you only get a small tube.

on 6/10/2015 12:21:00 AM

Really love the foundation perdis stick. It's the best must have. I've been using it for years. You only need a bit. It normally takes about 2-3 years to finish it. No matter what other ones I use, always finding Napoleon foundation useful. Loving the lightest shade for a concealer affect.

on 2/15/2007 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This review is for Napoleon's China Doll foundation. First, this stuff is pricey - $50 for 30 ml/1 oz. I am NC30 in MAC and found that shade 1 is a perfect match. It is a bit "dry" so I found it a bit tough to blend, but once blended it's very natural looking. Another reason why I am really happy about this foundation is because it doesn't oxidize on me like many other TMs/foundations have. I am seriously considering purchasing the full size when my sample runs out.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This was my HG foundation when I was on Roaccutane and had really dry skin. It is ideal for dry or more elderly skin which is lacking moisture. The coverage is excellent, and it looks just amazing in photos. It also never broke me out despite my acne-prone skin. I always received compliments on how I was 'glowing' and had 'beautiful skin', despite the fact I have anything but! I do not recommend this for those who don't have dry skin as it can get oily on the T-zone and rub off. This was my absolute favourite foundation for so long and I compare it to everything foundation I use, I will definetly return if my skin gets dry again. My only complaint is the colour range, it is far too orange for any PPP skin, I had to use bronzer on my neck to make it look natural, I wish they would introduce a bigger colour range!

on 5/14/2006 12:17:00 PM

Well, although it seems the de riguer opinion on MUA is that Napoleon stuff is Less Than, this product is not... This is a nice foundation. I find it layerable (I use fingers to blend b/c brushes leave too much product on me) and it does give the nice "luminous" finish w/out looking oily/ greasy. I have 35 year old getting -drier- everyday skin but have a love affair going w/ foundation so I'm always looking for believable coverage- that is one that makes me look better but you can see me underneath, not a layer of makeup. I got this in 02 which IS a tad light for my skin (will bronze it up) but I like that all the colors are neither too yellow or too pink. My skin Neutral more than Warm or Cool. The 03 was more warm based (think LM Sunny Beige vs. Vanilla Beige)so I may get that for summer.

SO far, so good. We shall see. The true test is time and if it keeps turning out good.

While browsing in Saks Fifth Avenue a very aggressive SA tried to lure me to the Napoleon counter ranting how fabulous this new line from AU is. Well, being a makeup artist that has tried virtually every cosmetic line readily available in the US, I was curious to see the line. It is quite comical because this Napoleon line is merely just "your name cosmetics", the private label cosmetics company that markets generic cosmetics to salon, spa and boutiques owners so they can put their name or logo on the product and market it as their product. Anyone in the beauty industry knows the products are just average, bland, generic & mass marketed. What a disappointment to see this line in SAKS of all places, next to Prada and Sisley!!! Well I guess it's just clever marketing, but I will pass on this drug store quality brand.

on 7/5/2005 12:36:00 AM

This is my favourite foundation in the whole wide world!! I travel miles to get this stuff! (Light diffusing make up that is).
Makes your skin glow, all the colours are great! (Not orangey at all on darker skin and not that peachy/ pinky colour on pale skin!)

on 12/24/2003 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just keep on coming back to this stuff. I am talking about Napoleon Light Diffusing Foundation. And everytime I do come back to it, I get compliments on how my skin is 'glowing'. It gives that real 'cover girl model flawless' finish.

It feels very soft and dewy. The reason I have strayed in the past is cause I wanted something that was very colourstay but then anything else seems to break me out which would indicate that this Napoleon makeup does not! Now if I want it to last longer I finish with Napoleons Camera Finish powder and that gives a really healthy looking finish. I love it.

It is a bit pricey but I say its worth it.

on 5/21/2003 10:04:00 PM

I'm really quite impressed with this foundation. It's Light Diffusing Makeup, a light coverage liquid makeup which gives a beautiful luminous glow. Sometimes it gets a little too dewy on my combination skin, but it's nothing a little translucent powder can't fix.

This is really love to apply- very silky, and just glides on perfectly, without any patchiness or difficult blending. Makes my complexion positively glow. continued >>