Rimmel Nude collection by Kate Moss 45

Rimmel Nude collection by Kate Moss 45
Nude collection by Kate Moss 45Nude collection by Kate Moss 45

4.2

(MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, TIN OXIDE, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, EUGENOL, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-:MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), D

on 10/3/2017 4:11:00 PM

This was not the lightest shade, so I thought it would work on my pale lips. Alas, it gave me concealer lips--too pale. May work for others though.

on 1/12/2017 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a pink- nude lipstick that glides easyly and goes on smooth on the lips. It last fairly long and gives a nice nude pink color on the lips. Goes well with any nude or smokey eyes look! Love it!

on 7/6/2016 4:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have three tubes of this! I'm a picky nude lip snob. The best!!

on 9/3/2016 6:25:00 PM

I'm a huge Rimmel lipstick fan and this was no exception. A perfect nude pink lipstick that is easy to apply, not too heavy and seems to last many hours without feathering or bleeding. Gives the perfect polished nude lip for pale skin, not too drying either. It can be applied without lip liner or a mirror. Has a light powdery scent that quickly fades. Standard size tube with secure click mechanism that is safe in my handbag (although I'm not a huge fan of the peach colour tube!) I got it on sale for $AU7 which is a bargain. Came in a range of 5 shades which I think may be replaced soon with newer versions? I would happily recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have had issues with Rimmel lipsticks in the past. Settling in lip lines terribly, accenting every little line terribly, making my lips look 'old,' the weird chemical scent, then they always seem to turn garish colors on me almost soon as applied. When they came out with this "Nudes" collection, I decided to give them a go again. I am a sucker for a good nude lip.

I first bought this Kate Nudes collection in the shade #49, which is much darker than this shade #45. Color aside, I mostly was relieved that with the seemingly improved formula with color #49 (the darker shade), and yes, I did like the color, as it seemed rather unique. So, I was pleased enough and after looking at swatches and watching a couple youtube videos about this Nudes collection, I decided to also purchase this, color #45. Sadly for me, it was back to the 'usual' Rimmel formula that just does not work for me. This one goes back to accenting every tiny minute little unflattering line in my lips, making my lips look 'old' and 'weathered'. My lips are not currently dry (I try to make sure they are not dry when using any Rimmel lipstick), and this shade again, like pretty much every other Rimmel lipstick, makes my lips look old, tired, and very dry and parched. Very unflattering. And the strange chemical smell. The smell does not seem as strong or potent as some Rimmel lipsticks, but it is still there.

Lastly, this also gives me 'concealer lips' or 'dead lips'. I am not a fan of nudes that give me that 'look'. To me, a good nude is natural, flattering, sort of a 'my lips but better' color. That does not happen with this shade #45. Nothing about this is natural looking on me nor flattering and is definitely not a my lips but better shade. However, I will keep it and not toss it, and use it with other shades or I guess hey I may learn to like the 'concealer lips' look after all. I will say the formula feels very comfortable. Even though it makes my lips look dry, it does not make them feel dry, so that is good. At least the formula is not actually drying for me.

When swatched on the back of my hand, this looks to be a very pretty pinky-nude, with some sheen and a little slight subtle shimmer to it. But on my lips, it looks nothing like it does swatched on my hands.

Again, I will keep this for the time being, maybe find some use for it. But I will not repurchase and based on my previous Rimmel lipstick experiences (there have been many for me, the purple square tubes, the black round tubes, the red round tubes, you name it! I probably tried it! lol..), I think it is safe to say it will take a lot to get me to try a Rimmel lippie for me. Something about Rimmel and I just do not seem to get along in the lips department. I would suggest if this formula does not work for you either, to check out Maybelline's nude collection that they came out with a few years ago now (the collection that had Touch of Spice, Daringly Nude, etc.). To me, the Maybelline formula is better and the shades are very similar and look how they are supposed to look, not turning garish shades on me like Rimmel tends to do for me, and Maybelline also is roughly the same price for a better formula, imo (both brands have a weird chemical smell to me, nothing too strong, though). I will say the cap stays on these Rimmel ones very securely, a does Maybelline. But in weighing the pro's and con's, Rimmel lip products are a pass for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a huge fan of Rimmel's Lippies and I had high expectations for my first foray into the Kate Moss nude range. Number 45 is a lovely nude. It has a pinky undertone to it which is very flattering on most skin types. It definitely won't give you corpse lips. It is almost a MLBB colour on me. The formula is great, it applies to the lips very smoothly. It does not dry out the lips nor emphasise any existing dryness that you may already have, however it is not hydrating so I would recommend using a balm prior to applying. The lipstick also has a strong scent, it reminds me of sherbert! However this scent is not unpleasant and fades within a few minutes of application. The lipsticks lasts through drinking but will need to be reapplied after a meal. I love this colour and it will be a staple in my makeup bag.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've never been that into nude lipsticks like other women, but the packaging and concept behind this line got to me. The tubes are this cute vintage peach shade with the white Kate signature and a heart. It appeals to my inner child. The UK (and I believe Canada) have five shades and the US got a whopping ten. The catch is these are almost impossible to find in the states right now. I think they're exclusive to Walmart and only online for the time being, or distribution is incredibly slow. Rimmel products take a long time to get across America in drugstores and big box stores like Target or Walmart. I guess it takes time to create the plastic displays, ship the product, get a rep for Rimmel to stock it, etc. These debuted last September though and it's the end of May now. So bear the wait or purchase them online like I did. It's hard to get any answers from their public relations team as to what the hold up is about.

#45 is one of the most popular shades because it has a mauve pink tone, and mauve is huge right now. Very pale to slightly tan tones can pull it off, so I think #45 is one of most versatile in this collection. It's pretty, pigmented, smooth, and lasts long enough.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect nude/beige-pink shade that feels like a lip balm but provides nice swatch of color on the lips. This looks great with my tan, and is a great find at a low cost. I'm slowly giving more of the Rimmel products a chance, mainly thanks to reading reviews but they are so reasonably priced I figure it's worth a try and so far my selections have been bang on. There is a slight scent to the lipstick, something I generally loathe about lipstick, but it's not over-powering or anything. I do like the creamy finish, doesn't make the lips feel dry at all.

on 8/9/2015 12:56:00 PM

I have used Kate's red lipstick for Rimmel for a while as it is a really good dupe for mac lipsticks, so when I heard she was bringing out a nude collection I rushed to my local Superdrug!
I am pale skinned with cool undertones so I find hunting for nudes is always a chore- they are either too pale or too dark. This, however is perfect. The bullet glides on so smoothly, hydrating the lips as well as adding colour. The pigment is buildable so you can achieve a subtle shade or a definite bright rose nude. I know its a cliche but the colour is so close to my own lip colour that it looks like my lips but better! I don't really like the colour of the packaging but hey, you can't have it all. I pair this product with a GOSH lip pencil in the shade 'nougat crisp'

I'd definitely recommend this shade for people with cool undertones.

on 12/31/2015 2:40:00 AM