MILANI Stay Put Brow Color

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 2/15/2019 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Came across the reviews for this product right about when my Anastasia of Beverly Hills Dip Brow dried out and I accidentally moistened it with tap water rather than a sterile solution. Didn't want bacteria growing in there, so off to the nearest drug store I went to buy this Milani Product. My normal brow go- to's are ABH brow wiz, to pencil in bare spots and still look natural, OR Dip Brow when I need a more defined, long lasting, waterproof look. To compare both brand pomades:

Color choices: Milani medium brown clear winner for me. ABH medium brown too dark, their soft brown which I use has a reddish undertone. (note Milani appears much lighter in the drugstore package than it is). Milani shade is a perfect, neutral medium brown. Can't speak for the other colors.

Application: Dipbrow applies more smoothly, However, personal preference is for Milani which is harder to overapply, as sometimes with dipbrow I would get scary brows and have to remove and start over.

Longevity: Milani lasts about the same and is equally waterproof to DipBrow, I.e, in sweltering heat either could smudge if touched - even by sunglasses. But otherwise just fine.

Brush/spoolie: Milan brush too wide for me, spoolie sub par. I have an ABH brush which is awesome and purchased separately from the Dip brow. Hence I wouldn't factor the Milani spoolie into the pricing equation, but again, personal preference.

Cost: Me I prefer to spend less out of pocket sometimes, so Milani the winner. But if you are a heavy user of the product perhaps dipbrow wins.

Overall, I think this is certainly worthy of a try.

on 11/10/2018 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I know people have done a per gram cost comparison of this to Anastasia Dipbrow and while it rings it a little higher, there is one thing that is forgotten in this equation. With Milani, you are getting the dual-ended brush/spoolie applicator. And it’s not a bad applicator at all, the brush is rather stiff which makes it quite precise in laying down product as well as blending into brow hairs. To be perfectly honest, the quantity is perfect because it doesn’t dry out since you are using it up faster than a larger pot of pomade. I purchased the shade Brunette which is similar to Medium Brown in Dipbrow. The consistency is also similar. Would I call it a dupe? Pretty darn close to one, that’s for sure! Long lasting, waterproof, shade works for me, applicator is good. I can’t think of anything negative to say honestly.

on 6/1/2018 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is so good! I used the ABH dipbrow for years but the shades don't really match me great, I am inbetween taupe and blonde it seems and I find if I go over the same spot over and over it deepens a lot and leaves me with much darker brows than I'd like.

The shade Natural Taupe works much better for me than the ABH dipbrow shades. The brush that comes with it is pretty good too, the spoolie ends is kinda scratchy but it works in a pinch. Totally recommend.

on 9/20/2017 9:51:00 AM

It's the anastasia brow gel dupes!! So pigmented & not easily faded.. it's waterproof too i guess. & the product is not easily drying like the anastasia brow gel.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I made perfect looking brows on me with the color light brown (even though my natural brow hairs are a tad darker). It was easy and the results lasted ALL day! The tool it comes with, with the slanted brush and the spooly sides, works great with the pomade. I have very oily skin and my brows lasted on me all day (I didn't set them with powder to really test the product out). I am really impressed and I'm loving this product so far!
Only negative is how expensive it is for the quantity you get, $9 for a gram of product. Drugstore prices are going up and up!

I like it I guess...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I would buy this again. Strangely, I like it more now that it's dried out a bit. I've been able to lightly fill in sparser areas as well as go a bit stronger. Raking the spoolie through after I put the product on separates this color and makes it look a bit more like hair. Natural taupe is a close color match for me.

on 3/3/2017 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The first one I bought had a loose lid and was totally dried out even thought it was in the package, a warning of things to come...

Natural Taupe is the hue I purchased and it's not to dark or warm or ashy...just right.
The duo ended wand has a stiff, slanted brush for applying and a spoolie on the other end.
I found this to be long wearing and easy to work with for a natural or dramatic look.
The bad part is that the creamy product dried out after very few uses even though I never left the lid off and kept it in the packaging. I tried to revive it but was dead.

on 2/21/2017 8:05:00 PM

Colour: Natural Taupe
Repurchase?: Yes :)

I personally rate this higher than ABH dipbrow pomade. To start, I actually prefer the smaller container as I'm likely to get through it before the product dries up (a pet peeve of dipbrow). I have very light brows, and they fell victim to the overplucking trend. While they're slowly growing back, the tails are very sparse and short.

The brush it comes with works for me for that reason. I like a natural brow look, and it's stiff enough to accurately add hairs in but not so much that they look harsh. I can see why it wouldn't work for everyone (particularly if you love super defined and sharp brows) but that pure preference.

The product itself is quite creamy and easy to work with. I think it's a great product for anyone, but if you're a brow newbie I'd definitely give this a go before dipbrow as its much easier to blend in, and more forgiving of mistakes. Natural Taupe suits my light - medium skin and matches well with light blonde hair. There's no obvious undertones I could see.

Lasting power is great, it stays in place from morning to night (I do use powder to set it so this will probably make a difference) and it holds up to 40+ degree weather, which in Aus summer is a regular. While it doesn't sweat off I haven't gone swimming etc with it on so I can't say how waterproof it would be.

I do still reach for dipbrow when I am after a super defined brow (events etc) but if I had to pick just one I would go with milani. I can achieve the same look with it, it just takes a bit more effort to get there.

on 2/20/2017 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I gave it a 4 out of 5 because I really like it.. BUT it I find it really hard to apply it in my brow specially with the brush the comes with it. And it's kind of dried out I guess thats why it's hard to apply it.. I wouldn't repurchase cause i think that theres better products out there