Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick

4.2

on 11/14/2018 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

No matter what your opinion of Jeffree Star is, the excellence of that product can't be denied. I own the shades Leo, Mannequin, Androgyny, Watermelon Soda & Redrum, i.e. from nude to purple and red. All of the lipsticks I have are consistently well performing. One dip, one swipe on the lips gives a 100% opaque colour that last through the oiliest meals and stays put for the whole day. They are not drying or uncomfortable. The only downside I found was that they exaggerate the lines of my lips quite a bit, but I don't expect a smooth surface for such a matte formula. I would highly recommend getting one of these, especially if you are someone like me who can't be bothered to worry about their lipstick during busy hours of work!

on 10/20/2018 6:29:00 PM

This lipstick formula is one of a kind! It is very smooth, very long lasting, and smells great too! It it comes in many different colors so I’m sure there is one that you will fall in love with! They are also safe for the eyes and can be used as liquid eyeshadows. They are very very pigmented and are definitely a one swipe and done kind of product. They aren’t very expensive, for only $18 you get a pretty good amount of product. I will be purchasing more and more of these until i have every single shade, that’s how much i am in love with the formula. I have found that with different brands the formula seems to change a little with the shade, well this one does not, it is definitely the same formula for every single shade that I have tried so far! I encourage every lipstick lover to try this if you haven’t done so already!! I promise you will not be disappointed with your purchase!!!!!

on 10/20/2018 6:05:00 AM

My holy grail lipstick! Bought a few shades & love them all.
Very pigmented & non-drying on my lips. Drops after eating which almost all matte lipsticks does.
The only thing i didnt like is the packaging, the printings drop after awhile, wish they stayed on. :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE. Beautiful shades, beautiful packaging, great formula. I dont know what else to say besides everyone needs this liquid lipstick.

on 10/5/2018 12:27:00 AM

I m a huge fan of Jeffree but never got to try his lipsticks. Today I bought Christmas Cookie Calabasas and Red Rum. I love first 2 are absolutely amazing.
However Red rum...mmmmmmmmm i m not sure. I don't know if it is the best formula of red liquid lipsticks I tried. Smashbox is better, Stilla is also amazing. Red rum is I don't know it feels drying and it stains. I m not very impressed with Red Rum. Overall I think they great lipsticks but I wouldn't say they are THE Best on the market. One of the best yes. Christmas cookie is my favorite

I have this lipstick in the shade "Leo" and it's very pretty. Feels little bit stickier than NYX but it's ok. Lasts well. Would repurchase and I definately want to buy new colors.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Jeffree’s products. I have the pink mirror, Redrum (stick) and Masochist (liquid).

on 8/22/2018 5:57:00 PM

This has become (and very quickly) my favorite liquid lipstick formula and shade range.

They dry, as we might have guessed, matte but they don't feel uncomfortable . On the contrary, I often forget I am wearing anything on my lips. The shade range is great, they are a lot of options for every mood and every taste. I have a lot of the nudes, they must be his specialty because every single one looks great. And they are so long lasting! Finally I can trust a lipstick to last all through a meal, a snack and some coffee.

I do have to say that the longevity and the way they sit on the lips vary from shade to shade. On my experience, I have found:

- Pumpkin Pie: It has little gold reflexes, but they don't change the way the lipstick applies or the longevity. It doesn't bring focus on the wrinkles of my lips or make them look dry (unless they are, which is not the lipsticks fault). I would describe this color as a dark terracota red and a must if you enjoy using warm shades. It has the same impact than wearing a red lipstick.

- Birthday Suit: my lip lines do show up with this shade in particular and it feels a little bit dryer. It lasts just as well as the other nudes, but it might be a tad bit too bright to be consider strictly a nude. I would say this is a very wearable peachy pink shade, ideal for the summer months.

- Cherry Wet: I bought this recently and have worn it just a couple of times. I find it dries nicely, it doesn't feel heavy nor does it look crackly once on the lips. It is very long lasting and it packs a punch. The shade reminds me so much of All Fired Up from MAC, they are almost identical.

- Redrum: one of the original shades from the brand. It's a beautiful and classic cool toned red, the type that looks good on everyone. The formula is consistent with the rest, it's opaque and it looks smooth on application. I find it's very long lasting, it wears better than Sephora's liquid lipstick in 01, for example. The downside is that sometimes it bleeds a little bit, so you might need a liner.

- Mannequin: if you are pale and afraid of light nudes don't rule this one out! It's my favorite shade out of everyone I have. It looks so flattering on, I could almost recommend it blindly to anyone in the light spectrum. On medium to darker skin tones I think it would look very pale and it could possibly wash you out. It wears very well and it's very versatile.

- Christmas Cookie: this shade was limited edition but it's now part of the permanent range. You can't go wrong with this one, the shade probably looks good on a lot of skin tones. It's a pink/peachy neutral nude, it reminds me a lot of Colourpop's Echo Park. It's very flattering, looks good on and wears very nicely during the day. You can put it on and forget you are wearing anything. It's a good basic color and lipstick to have in your collection.

- Skin Tight: it's my least favorite. It's not as opaque as other shades, it brings out every single line in your lips and the shade is a little difficult to pull off. The color is a very light cool pink nude. From all the JF lipsticks that I own this would be the only one I wouldn't recommend buying. It could work as a light eyeshadow base or liner (I haven't tried it that way) but on the lips is a pass from me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love his lipstick formula

I purchased this product in 2016 during his Black Friday sale and got two shades: Rose Matter and Masochist. So masochist is *OKAY* it applies well and has some serious staying power but it stains for DAYS afterwards and is really hard to get off. I only wear it when i need a matte lip that will not come off. Still i rarely use it anyway since they are very old now (I still think his packaging is some of the best in the industry) but they are cute. Now Rose matter has a completely different formula it seems. it is more liquid-y than masochist which is more thick and and smells nice but once it dries down it show EVERY single crack in the lips and just looks crusty and gross. These lipsticks DO NOT layer well at all! Even if I still supported the brand (I don't anymore) I would not purchase these again.