Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick

4.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Jeffree’s products. I have the pink mirror, Redrum (stick) and Masochist (liquid).

on 8/22/2018 5:57:00 PM

This has become (and very quickly) my favorite liquid lipstick formula and shade range.

They dry, as we might have guessed, matte but they don't feel uncomfortable . On the contrary, I often forget I am wearing anything on my lips. The shade range is great, they are a lot of options for every mood and every taste. I have a lot of the nudes, they must be his specialty because every single one looks great. And they are so long lasting! Finally I can trust a lipstick to last all through a meal, a snack and some coffee.

I do have to say that the longevity and the way they sit on the lips vary from shade to shade. On my experience, I have found:

- Pumpkin Pie: It has little gold reflexes, but they don't change the way the lipstick applies or the longevity. It doesn't bring focus on the wrinkles of my lips or make them look dry (unless they are, which is not the lipsticks fault). I would describe this color as a dark terracota red and a must if you enjoy using warm shades. It has the same impact than wearing a red lipstick.

- Birthday Suit: my lip lines do show up with this shade in particular and it feels a little bit dryer. It lasts just as well as the other nudes, but it might be a tad bit too bright to be consider strictly a nude. I would say this is a very wearable peachy pink shade, ideal for the summer months.

- Cherry Wet: I bought this recently and have worn it just a couple of times. I find it dries nicely, it doesn't feel heavy nor does it look crackly once on the lips. It is very long lasting and it packs a punch. The shade reminds me so much of All Fired Up from MAC, they are almost identical.

- Redrum: one of the original shades from the brand. It's a beautiful and classic cool toned red, the type that looks good on everyone. The formula is consistent with the rest, it's opaque and it looks smooth on application. I find it's very long lasting, it wears better than Sephora's liquid lipstick in 01, for example. The downside is that sometimes it bleeds a little bit, so you might need a liner.

- Mannequin: if you are pale and afraid of light nudes don't rule this one out! It's my favorite shade out of everyone I have. It looks so flattering on, I could almost recommend it blindly to anyone in the light spectrum. On medium to darker skin tones I think it would look very pale and it could possibly wash you out. It wears very well and it's very versatile.

- Christmas Cookie: this shade was limited edition but it's now part of the permanent range. You can't go wrong with this one, the shade probably looks good on a lot of skin tones. It's a pink/peachy neutral nude, it reminds me a lot of Colourpop's Echo Park. It's very flattering, looks good on and wears very nicely during the day. You can put it on and forget you are wearing anything. It's a good basic color and lipstick to have in your collection.

- Skin Tight: it's my least favorite. It's not as opaque as other shades, it brings out every single line in your lips and the shade is a little difficult to pull off. The color is a very light cool pink nude. From all the JF lipsticks that I own this would be the only one I wouldn't recommend buying. It could work as a light eyeshadow base or liner (I haven't tried it that way) but on the lips is a pass from me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love his lipstick formula

I purchased this product in 2016 during his Black Friday sale and got two shades: Rose Matter and Masochist. So masochist is *OKAY* it applies well and has some serious staying power but it stains for DAYS afterwards and is really hard to get off. I only wear it when i need a matte lip that will not come off. Still i rarely use it anyway since they are very old now (I still think his packaging is some of the best in the industry) but they are cute. Now Rose matter has a completely different formula it seems. it is more liquid-y than masochist which is more thick and and smells nice but once it dries down it show EVERY single crack in the lips and just looks crusty and gross. These lipsticks DO NOT layer well at all! Even if I still supported the brand (I don't anymore) I would not purchase these again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought the shades Medusa and Delicious because I love shades like that, I think they look so 90's grunge and shit like that. I'm in love with his eyeshadow palettes but his liquid lippies are what sells it for me. Awesome formula, awesome coverage and long lasting. The price is great, it's super affordable. You're getting something very luxurious feeling for 18 bucks U.S. and 22 bucks Canada. Would 100% recommend his liquid lipsticks. I'm actually wearing Medusa right now and I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipsticks - the formula is great. I do find that they need building up to get the richness of colour I desire, but they really do not budge once they're on and while it does require top ups throughout the day, it's only ever really in the centre of my lips, which personally I don't mind doing. They dry down fully matte but they don't feel drying at all; I wouldn't go as far to say they're hydrating but they definitely don't dry my lips out or leave them chapped.

One thing I don't like is the applicator. I find it too big and chunky and it makes applying the product to my top lip so difficult - I always end up overdrawing it to a crazy extent (beyond a bit of extra fullness!).

Call me stupid, but I really disliked the packaging at first, as I thought the lids didn't close properly. Then I worked out they click shut and now I think the packaging is genius! One has come undone in my bag before (post closing discovery), so I wouldn't say it's foolproof but it is really good and less likely to come undone than some other lipsticks or glosses I own.

I would repurchase, but I've since found other formulas I prefer so those would be my first choice over the Velour Liquid Lipsticks. If there was a shade I was particularly wow'ed by though, I would buy it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I couldn't have imagined that I would love any of JS's products. But boy I LOVE this liquid lipstick. It has an excellent formula - non-drying, non-streaky, long-lasting - and the shades look amazing. I love love love! I am so looking forward to getting more shades.

I am so in love with Jeffree and his liquid lipsticks they are amazing and I’m so happy I’ve come across them. First off all the packaging is fabolous and application is awesome with the doe foot applicator it makes it feel and look amazing to apply the lipstick correctly. It lasts all day dosnt transfer or smudge and is well worth the money. The formula is really good dries down completely Matte (only if you buy the velours) and it the bottle lasts for so long. ‘I’m nude’ was my first Jeffree lipstick purchased it’s my ride or die and I use it every day and I have so much left in it still it’s definately value for money!! His colours suit all skin tones and my collection is continually growing I love Jeffree god bless him

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Like a lot of people on here I'm not into Jeffree Star as a person or entertainer, but boy does he have some bomb lipstick formulas. My lips are too dry for some liquid formulas even after a good scrub and balm, these are very lightweight and not to drying.

I do have slightly different experiences for two different shades though- I have both Designer Blood and Family Jewels. Unfortunately both holiday collection colours, so I do hope they have another limited release again because they are. amazing.

Family Jewels is a mauve-ish cool toned medium brown colour. It is *very* cool, to the point where I look a little off wearing a warm eye with it, but it's perfectly workable with neutrals and is complimentary to cool eye looks (I am just *so* into a mauve or taupe eye look with this). The formula is just *perfect*: Pigmented, light, not too drying and easy to patch up- I pretty much need to patch up every lipstick I ever wear in the 'butthole' inner rim of my mouth (Props to safiya nygaard for coining that term).

Designer Blood is what i'd call a dark maroon, I found the shade unicorn blood too dark so this was a good slightly lighter option. It's a lovely warm shade too. It has a 'golden' slight sheen to it if you rub it after drying, which really does work, just not on my because my lips are too dry to rub. Boo hiss, genetics. This one also goes on nicely, but it feels a little heavier and is more difficult to patch up- I have to rub where i'm re-applying (the lip butthole) with a makeup wipe or wet tissue to get rid of any significant amount of dry product before applying this again, otherwise it gives an unflattering 'cakey' look. I don't need to do it to the whole lip though, so It's really not too much bother. I'm pretty sure this is down to the 'gold glint' gimmick this shade has. I also found this one dries out faster than the other too.

The applicator is not offensive but not my favorite either. I'd like it to be less textured/spongey as this can occasionally leave me with an uneven outer edge if I don't line my lips first (which is most of the time. I can never be bothered). The packaging design is really glam, which I adore.

I bought the lipstick in the shade Leo. I’m absolutely in love. The formula is perfect, feels weightless and doesn’t feel sticky after drying. It’s easy to apply and really hard to mess up. The applicator is perfect for applying. The shade itself is beautiful, looks like a warm brown on my skin tone.

I’m really excited to buy more shades, it feels like a really great product and the colors are so creative. There’s these bold fun colors and also some neutrals and nudes