Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick

Jeffree Star  Velour Liquid Lipstick

4.2

on 9/12/2017 7:59:00 PM

Do I like the company? Noooooope. But posh spice is pretty damn gorgeous. It's very grey, not grey brown, but that's exactly what I was looking for. Wears much better than KVD on me, and isn't actually that dehydrating. Will I buy more? Maybe.

on 8/19/2017 12:21:00 PM

This is definitely the best matte lipstick on the market. I've ordered Butt Naked, Celebrity Skin, Mannequin, Scorpio, Deceased, Family Jewels, Weirdo and Unicorn Blood. I've tried other brands and the one that comes closest in quality to Jefrrey Star Velour Matte lipstick is Too Faced.Two Faced is more drying than this one though.The texture is perfect matte, glides on evenly and easily, it dries up fast and the formula is not drying. Definitely worth the price; I would absolutely re-purchase!

on 7/17/2017 7:47:00 AM

I have 4 of these so far; Celebrity Skin, Saggitarius, Designer Blood and Androgyny. The pigmentation is to die for, one sweep is all I need to cover my lips. They also last all day, I can eat meals, drink etc and this does not budge yet it isn't too hard to remove at the end of the day. The colour range is amazing, they have something for all skin tones. The smell is very neutral, not off putting however doesn't smell amazing but definitely not something that bothers me, the texture on the lips isn't bad, however by the end of the day, if you have dry lips they will feel very flaky and dry however adding another layer usually stops this.
These are my holy grail lipsticks and I've tried mac, NYX, rimmel etc. And none come close to these! The price isn't bad and on Beauty Bay they usually have 2 for 1 or buy one get one half price offers on so don't forget to check there!

First of all, I want to rave about Flamboyant. This is coral but not as loud as you'd think "flamboyant" would be. Kind of bright but not annoyingly bright. They call it a metallic but it's micro-glitter so it is not chunky. I wear it to work. It is the best liquid lipstick I've ever had. It smells like strawberries! The metallic formula is kind of fluffy so I had to get used to that. The mattes are more liquid and easier to apply, but Flamboyant is not drying at all. After the mattes dry down, many of them look dry (and some of them feel kind of dry). If you like summer corals, this is a home run and the metallic formula is the best.

In fact the only complaint I have is that the formula of the Velour Liquid Lipsticks varies from shade to shade. Some of them smell like strawberries or root beer, some of them have no noticeable fragrance, and others have a strong paint smell. Some have a thinner texture than others, so you almost have to try them all in person, and not many stores have Jeffree Star.

I also bought Calabasas and Butt Naked. Calabasas is a cranberry pink, and it looks good on everyone. It's Jeffree's regular matte formula so it is easy to apply and it dries down flat and darker than it looks when wet. It is not scented, though. I wish all of the summer collection lipsticks smelled like Flamboyant.

Butt Naked is very, very pale. It's basically a light foundation color but with some peach in it. There is no fragrance. I almost returned this one, but when I mixed it with Calabasas I got an interesting lighter pink so then I decided to keep them all. The brand is cruelty free and vegan so that's a plus.

I'm giving Flamboyant a perfect five. I'd really like to give Calabasas four-and-a-half out of five because it is drier, and Butt Naked a three because it is a tough color to wear. But Jeffree Star's liquid lipsticks are the best I've tried. They don't crumble at all. I'll definitely buy more colors.

This is 100% the absolute worst product i have ever tried. I like to try out different lipsticks all the time and have never had the issue i have with this product. This lipstick gave me CHEMICAL BURNS!!!!!! My mouth is on fire. I have never had a lipstick harm me before to where im in physical pain. I really wanted this lipstick to workout. It had great color but its not worth the damage its done to my mouth or the damage it could have done if i didnt realize it as soon as i did. I would not recommend these lipsticks to anyone until they change their formula so that it is safe to use. I used a real jeffree star lipstick. I purchased it on his website. So this isnt a fake lipstick issue. I just hope this issue get resolved so that i could in the furture have the chance to try none chemical burning lipsticks by him.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't long wearing as people claim it to be. I think the colourpop/stila is far more long wearing than this one. But I really like the formula - how it looks matte, but it feels semi-matte because it isn't drying at all! I love the smell, although it's not for everyone. It smells like vanilla or vanilla coke. If you've tried the NYX soft matte lip cream, that's exactly how it smells like! I also like the fact that it's cruelty free because I'm trying to strictly purchase things that are.

on 6/30/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have the metallic shade "no tea no shade", its formula is thin, fully opaque and long lasting. When it wears off doesn't crumble, but I find that it stays put on lips even if you eat, drink etc. After 7 hrs of wear it only came off from the inner rim of my mouth, wasn't really noticeable. It has a cooling effect on the lips. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the package but it doesn't bother me. Price is kinda steep, but I'd rather buy this again than many other similar priced products. Only con is that the shade looks more sparkly/metallic on the website than in real life.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely could not go on without at least one Jeffree star velour liquid lipstick in my makeup collection. They're super hydrating, while still having a matte finish. The packaging is really well done, the price point definitely isn't bad at all, and the color selection is so diverse. Jeffree has colors ranging from your every day neutrals, to crazy neon colors as well. I love that they're vegan as well, and the coverage is really great. The lipsticks always make my average looking lips look huge! I'd definitely recommend these to just about anyone of any age.

on 6/14/2017 9:44:00 PM

I own heaps of these, mostly his older shades and some of them I bought ages ago,
I find that the darker shades are way harder to work with than the lighter ones. Weirdo comes off on EVERYTHING and is so smudgy, I much prefer the black from Makeup Monsters. Unicorn blood is a beautiful colour but I found it to be so streaky. Some of my older ones ie hoehoehoe from the 2015? christmas LE collection have dried up to the point where they are unusable.
Androgyny is by far my favourite and I have bought a second one. Over the last year or so he seems to have improved the formula A LOT it is way creamier and easier to apply, also dries down a lot better. My first androgyny also from the xmas collection became really oily and thin over time but my second one purchased a few months ago is perfect. Overall I do love my collection and I kind of feel bad about that because he is so disliked by people in the makeup community but to be honest I buy the product for the quality not who makes it. I would recommend giving the lipsticks a try as like I said the quality is way better now than it used to be. I have tried makeup monsters, kvd, colourpop, lime crime and too faced. JS and makeup monsters are my favourites by far

Shades I own:
Designer Blood
Androgyny
Chrysanthemum

- Packaging: I enjoyed the packaging and had no issues with it, I really like the doe-foot applicator especially since these ones have a small dip in the center to collect more product. Tight seal around the wand on all off my lip colors.

-Formula: All three of my shades apply VERY differently, Chrysanthemum is very chunky (thick pieces of gold glitter) which makes it very hard to apply as it leaves it looking streaky with no way of fixing it. Designer Blood &
Chrysanthemum feel drying on the lips. As for Androgyny I feel like it was almost made by another brand..? It applies much easier, not too thin or thick and doesn't feel drying whatsoever.

-Scent: This is the portion I had issues with... Designer Blood and Chrysanthemum smelt almost sweet? No issues with them. But my favorite shade Androgyny smelt like..... cat piss? I'm in the veterinary field and I KNOW what cat pee smells like and I cringe every time I put it on, but once it dries the smell fades away.

Overall I honestly can't picture myself buying another liquid lip from Jeffree Star again.

Popular Lips Products