Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was given my first of these in Doll Parts by my DIL for this past Christmas and have fallen in LOVE with the product. This wears beautifully and the color-range is like no other. Other reviewers have mentioned that some of the nudes are 'too' nude or pale, and the way to correct that is to first lay down a slightly darker lip liner as when you blend the lipstick in, the color will be deepened by the lipliner and it comes out beautifully (I have the unpopular color "Baby Daddy" and have figured out how to make it work for me in this way).
Doll Parts is the perfect girlie pink, Unicorn Blood is a gorgeous true blood-red, Delicious is a rich greyed-purple/mauve, and I love them all. Lip prep is absolutely critical in order to get the best performance from this product in any color!
These are only the start of what I plan to turn into a huge JS Velour Liquid Lipstick collection.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favourite liquid lipstick ever! It is so comfortable, long lasting and comes in many many beautiful colors. (especially the nude range are so gorgeous, I had a hard time choosing everytime) I have a few and will continue adding more colors in my collection!

Nude beach is a bit streaky and the color did not suit my medium tan skin tone.
Scorpio is nice too but it did not suit me as well. So far I love Doll Parts, Nathan, flamethrower, Blow pony and Christmas cookie.

So I've recently bought lipsticks in the colors "Jeffree Who?" and "Hi, How Are You?" from the online make up brand Jeffree Star Cosmetics. I've bought lipsticks from that brand before and have always been rather impressed with the quality of the product. The liquid lip drys easily and stays on close to eight hours or more without having to reapply. "Hi, How Are You?" is a red color with the addition of a glittery finish but as I've used the product, I've found that there are some magenta undertones which I noticed when I took the lipstick off. "Jeffree Who?" is a pinkish/purple color that also has a glittery finish. Both products stay on long and dry quickly and are probably the perfect colors for the holidays. The price at $18 is fair, though I'd love it to be cheaper but I think it's work it for the product.

on 11/14/2018 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

No matter what your opinion of Jeffree Star is, the excellence of that product can't be denied. I own the shades Leo, Mannequin, Androgyny, Watermelon Soda & Redrum, i.e. from nude to purple and red. All of the lipsticks I have are consistently well performing. One dip, one swipe on the lips gives a 100% opaque colour that last through the oiliest meals and stays put for the whole day. They are not drying or uncomfortable. The only downside I found was that they exaggerate the lines of my lips quite a bit, but I don't expect a smooth surface for such a matte formula. I would highly recommend getting one of these, especially if you are someone like me who can't be bothered to worry about their lipstick during busy hours of work!

on 10/20/2018 6:29:00 PM

This lipstick formula is one of a kind! It is very smooth, very long lasting, and smells great too! It it comes in many different colors so I’m sure there is one that you will fall in love with! They are also safe for the eyes and can be used as liquid eyeshadows. They are very very pigmented and are definitely a one swipe and done kind of product. They aren’t very expensive, for only $18 you get a pretty good amount of product. I will be purchasing more and more of these until i have every single shade, that’s how much i am in love with the formula. I have found that with different brands the formula seems to change a little with the shade, well this one does not, it is definitely the same formula for every single shade that I have tried so far! I encourage every lipstick lover to try this if you haven’t done so already!! I promise you will not be disappointed with your purchase!!!!!

on 10/20/2018 6:05:00 AM

My holy grail lipstick! Bought a few shades & love them all.
Very pigmented & non-drying on my lips. Drops after eating which almost all matte lipsticks does.
The only thing i didnt like is the packaging, the printings drop after awhile, wish they stayed on. :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE. Beautiful shades, beautiful packaging, great formula. I dont know what else to say besides everyone needs this liquid lipstick.

on 10/5/2018 12:27:00 AM

I m a huge fan of Jeffree but never got to try his lipsticks. Today I bought Christmas Cookie Calabasas and Red Rum. I love first 2 are absolutely amazing.
However Red rum...mmmmmmmmm i m not sure. I don't know if it is the best formula of red liquid lipsticks I tried. Smashbox is better, Stilla is also amazing. Red rum is I don't know it feels drying and it stains. I m not very impressed with Red Rum. Overall I think they great lipsticks but I wouldn't say they are THE Best on the market. One of the best yes. Christmas cookie is my favorite

I have this lipstick in the shade "Leo" and it's very pretty. Feels little bit stickier than NYX but it's ok. Lasts well. Would repurchase and I definately want to buy new colors.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Jeffree’s products. I have the pink mirror, Redrum (stick) and Masochist (liquid).