Maybelline Colorsensational Rebel Bloom in Barely Bloomed

Maybelline Colorsensational Rebel Bloom in Barely Bloomed

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I own all of the Maybelline Colorsensational Rebel Bloom line. Colorsensational is one of my top favorite lipstick lines on the market. The lipsticks are moisturizing, pigmented, and creamy.

Barely Bloom is no different. I would describe this shade as a very light peachy nude. It's probably my second favorite of the Rebel Bloom line, right after Blushing Bud. If Blushing Bud and Barely Bloom could have a child together - that would be my favorite shade ever. Even at NC10 (very pale, yellow undertones) I worry that Barely Bloom is too light for me. And trust me... it is HARD to find a lipstick too light. I was able to swatch this next to MAC's Myth and yes the shades are very similar. Unfortunately I am not a giant fan of Myth. I prefer Hue (a tiiiiny bit darker and pinker).

I would much prefer to repurchase Barely Bloom than Myth. Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks have a better formula than MAC.

Dupe alert?? I've heard this is a possible dupe for MAC Myth. It is a pale peach w beige undertones (very little in the way of pink). It is less opaque than MAC Myth & shinier. It does not give me the dreaded concealer lips look. I don't normally like to buy much in the way of Maybelline. I think their makeup "some of it" (not all) is overpriced (the lipsticks), but I'm very glad I got this... And DS makeup is upping its ante. This color is not frosty & is very similar to CoverGirl "Creme" (see reviews) lipstick also. Perfect peach for transitioning from Spring to Summer esp once I get a little sun. Winning!!

on 2/28/2015 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Barely bloomed is a satin nude lipstick. It's got a peach undertone to it. It goes smoothly on the lips. The formula is verry velvety on the lips. It last fairly long on the lips. I pair it with a nude lipgloss. Love it!