Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani #403

No Image

4.5

on 3/17/2016 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When a lipstick manufacturer discontinued my favorite red, I felt shocked, then determined, then heartbroken. I wore my beloved red lipstick day and night. It was an extension of myself really, only I didn't recognize it back then.To work, dinner, shopping, outings - winter, spring, summer, fall. I could still kick myself for not realizing the value of a good true red lipstick at the time. So many fails and so much money wasted on the wrong ones. Anyway! I like but do not love RDA #403. This one may very well be superior in quality and longevity and while similar in color tone in some respects to my old favorite its not the perfect one for me. I am nc40 olive for reference. Girls, take heed - if you have a red that you feel confident in all the time, do yourself a favor and get a backup.

on 8/2/2014 3:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Very classic, elegant, and chic deep red. I'd describe this as a Bordeaux, with some vague plum and brown undertones, but pretty neutral. Many reds pull pink on me, but not this one. Someone on the makeup board described this as an "organic" looking red, and she was right. It's a wearable, face-brightening shade, the kind of red you can wear with little other makeup and pull off without a lot of effort. The texture is smooth and applies easily, the finish is satin, it stays put and lasts for hours. Does not dry out my lips. Has been my HG red for over 2 years now, and that's saying a lot, because I can be fickle when it comes to red lipstick.

I got this shade by accident: the SA at Nordstrom misread the tiny print on the box and mistook it for the 408 I originally asked for. Best mistaken makeup purchase I ever made.

Popular Lipsticks