A313 Pommade

A313 Pommade

200000 U.I. synthetic vitamin A oily (mixture of esters of vitamin A: retinol acetate, retinol propionate, retinol palmitate), PPG 4000, PEG 400, polysorbate 80

on 12/14/2017 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is amazing. I should start off by saying that I use it on and off; I will probably work up to trying to use it more regularly, but right now I've found a good system that works with my skin. So, when I think I'm looking very rough/uneven/clogged pores, I use it every other night for a week or so, and then back off. I only use it at night, and after I've washed my face and really let my skin dry. I know that other reviewers have stated this, but it really is worth stressing! I was feeling lazier one evening and my skin was still a little damp, and it burned a little bit. (I've read online various things about wanting to use it on damp skin to increase its potency, but I really do not suggest that.) After letting it soak in for a few minutes, I follow up with my moisturizer. I know that some people leave it and don't apply anything on top, but for my dry and sensitive skin, this is a necessary step.

I haven't had any problems with flaking or super redness. I think this is due in part to really working up to how often I use it. When I first tried it, I waited three days before applying again. I also think putting a moisturizer on has helped my skin as well, and, of course, SPF in the morning. It really does make my skin look and feel so much better. You really don't need more than a pea-sized amount for your face and neck, maybe a bit more depending on how low you want to go with your product application. Having read a lot of reviews with people having adverse reactions, I think it often probably comes down to usage. For the price, it can't be beat, and I plan on continuing to use this product as part of my routine.

on 2/14/2017 6:24:00 PM

Absolutely amazing! I don't use it continuously, I tend to use it as a treatment for a week, when my skin feels uneven and clogged. I smooth a thin layer on before bed, and do not use any other skincare fro ducts in conjunction with it. I exfoliate in the morning, and moisturise in the day time, and then I repeat this for a week, every night. By the end of the week, I have brand new, smooth and even skin that glows, and makeup looks gorgeous on it! It's a strange Vaseline like consistency, quite thick and it's slightly itchy when it's on my face, but nothing unbearable. Slightly acidy scent. I find that one tube lasts for at least 6-7 months. Couldn't live without it, it tightens pores, fills fine lines and gets rid of dead skin like nothing else does. Absolutely love love love it :)

on 1/28/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used to be able to get prescription tretinoin/Retin-A, but then my insurance company stopped covering it. I had tried OTC retinoids like Paula's Choice, but I didn't want to pay $65 for a tube. My husband told me about Avibon, but then it was discontinued. Now we both use A313 pommade as the next-best thing, and it has made a significant difference for both of us. He is African-American and likes the A313 to reduce hyperpigmentation, and I am using it primarily for anti-aging. I have been diligent about daily sunscreen use my whole life, and even at 38 years old my complexion still looks great. The A313 has reduced my pore size, has significantly reduced my adult acne, and makes my skin look smoother and more radiant. I think A313 is great for anti-aging.

As other reviewers have noted, it is best to remove all makeup, wash your face with a gentle, mild cleanser, rinse and pat dry, and wait 30 minutes for your skin to dry completely before applying the A313. The way I've worked this into my nightly routine is to wash my face after dinner, allow my skin to dry while I'm doing things around the house, and then apply the A313 later, before I go to bed.

The pommade is a little greasy and has a little bit of a smell, but the results are well worth it. I let it sink into my skin for a few minutes, then apply Embryolisse lait-creme to my neck, decolletage, and face, and then go to bed. I have extremely sensitive skin and I cannot use this every single night -- most people should start with applying it once per week, and gradually work your way up to every-other-night usage. Some people may be able to tolerate using it nightly, but I cannot. I buy both the A313 and Embryolisse on Amazon. If I fail to buffer with Embryolisse then I do get dryness and flaking. Now that Differin is available OTC without a prescription I think I will finish my tube of A313 and give Differin a try, but A313 is an anti-aging powerhouse that is available OTC at a reasonable cost, and I think it's fantastic.

on 11/14/2016 12:47:00 PM

I, like many others, was in search of Avibon in France and since it's been discontinued, A313 would have to do! I actually would have preferred to purchase this instead of Avibon because one, the retinol dosage is lower, so it's a much fool proof way to screw up your skin from using too much. I purchased 2 tubes. One for my mother and for myself. We both had different initial reactions. I had used other retinol based products such as differin, luna oil from Sunday Riley, so I think I was used to using such products that the effects of this was instantaneous. I looked glowy, smooth, and with the occasional pimple, they healed quickly and more painlessly. My mother however, experienced itchiness so she uses it every other day, but the results were just as amazing. Her skin seems much plumper and now has the same smooth glow. I highly recommend people who wants to try this to give it a shot. The only thing I noticed about this is that to me, it smells a little bit sour.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I too discovered A313 in search of Avibon, but it’s supposedly being reformulated. Shortly after receiving my tube of A313, life got in the way of me incorporating it into my routine consistently, so my intial results weren’t consistent, either. Since making the decision to be more consistent with my skincare in general I’ve seen great results with this. I started off applying it twice as week, after washing my face and without any other serums or treatments. I now use it every other night if I can remember (I’m not perfect), still without additional treatments that night. To echo mama_jama’s review, it’s made my skin smooth and radiant, huge plusses for someone who’s always struggled with dullness (and has usually had to deal with breakouts and excess oil when using products that supposedly combat this dullness). The only catch is that it can make your face itchy, but you get used to it eventually unless you apply too much. The most important A313 advice I could give would be two-fold: be consistent, and make sure to use sunscreen every single day, as vitamin A and retinoid products are photosensitive and can make one’s skin more photosensitive as well. But you’re using sunscreen everyday anyway, right?

An update: I recently found out that applying products like A313 and Retin-A/tretinoin too soon after washing your face can cause irritation. Applying this at least 30 minutes after I've washed my face at night has cut down on the irritation tremendously. I'm moving on to Retin-A - it's dirt cheap with a prescription and more effective than over-the-counter (over-the-internet?) acne/anti-aging products - but I still think A313 is a great choice for people who either can't get their hands on a prescription or handle heavy-duty retinoids.

on 4/28/2014 11:00:00 AM

While in Paris, I went in search of Avibon at every pharmacie I came across (basically on every block). The pharmacists there confirmed that Avibon -- that cult Vitamin A treatment made internationally sought by Gwyneth Paltrow but stuck in reformulation hell for over a year -- "est fini." But they all recommended A313 pommade as the next best thing.
A313 is made by the same company, purporting the same benefits. Avibon.com says: "Same great OTC french pharmacy-grade quality vitamin A at a lower price-point, in the same great aluminum tube while 66% larger than Avibon. A313 offers the same retinoic acid effect on wrinkles and fine lines, at a slightly lower concentration than Avibon."
It has a retinol concentration of .2% (compared with Avibon's 1.0%) but in the same ointment base. And in just a few weeks of usage every other night, my skin is more radiant, smoother, and palpably softer. Even though I came looking for Avibon, I couldn't be happier with my consolation prize.
I bought two 50g tubes because it's ridiculously cheap in France (9, or $12.50 USD) and has an 18-month shelf life.