Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

The shades are lovely but in my experience it really does not last all day as it claims to. It’s cheap and cheerful, perfect for ladies who don’t mind reapplying often.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Essence has some very under rated products and their long lasting lipsticks are hidden gems.
I bought 04 On The Catwalk which is rosy shade. This shade is cool toned and perfect for my NC30 complexion. I tend to look better in cool toned lipsticks despite having a warm complexion.

There is a fruity scent with these lipsticks but it's not overpowering and dissipates quickly.
I wouldn't call them long lasting though. The formula is creamy and well pigmented but after the first cup of coffee, it's time to re-apply.
It does leave behind a nice stain.

For $3.49 CAD, you can get the whole collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one nice lipstick. I have it in the shade 'Love Me'. It looks beautiful. It is creamy and moisturizing, leaving the lips soft. It is pigmented enough and it lasts on the lips for quite many hours if you don't eat/drink. It could smell nicer, it smells like old lipstick. Apart from that, it is a good lipstick that I use pretty frequently.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had the shade 'Come Naturally' which I think was part of a recent special edition range Essence launched. It's an ok lipstick, but I found it leant too much towards the mauve end of the spectrum for me, which has a tendancy to make me look washed out and ill. Also I found this to be quite drying on the lips, so even though it didn't last long once applied, when it did wear off my lips felt very dry and like I needed to apply more lip balm. Based on my experience with this one, I wouldn't rush out to purchase any other shades from this range.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in Natural Beauty and Barely There. When I ordered, I was sold on Natural Beauty; Barely There was only an afterthought. When I tried them, my preferences switched. Natural Beauty makes my pale skin look worse than usual (lots of redness and very dull). However, Barely There is my new favorite lipstick!!!! It's so PERFECT. I also love Flower Beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Mauve Over.

on 8/28/2015 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, yes and yes. I had been eyeing these for a while, as maybe an add on item to be able to get to $10 at Ulta to use the coupon lol. I especially liked Coral Calling and later Love Me. Our store has testers and I also think Natural Beauty is gorgeous but I already have a similar shade.

Kind of side story; I really loved the old L'oreal Colour Riche balm/lipsticks, (not the ones that said "balm", the shiny gold squares) but they were discontinued. I liked how light they were and you could just keep it in your purse if you needed something to make you look more awake and bright. My shade (Sunset Angora) was perfect for that and unique and pretty with a nice shine. So I kind of wanted to replace that, but I have so many corals. I also only have two light pinks that are matte and sometimes I just don't want the matte look or feel.

So I picked up 'Love Me' to be like what my Loreal was. Maybe not in color, but in formula. It's light, pretty, non waxy and flattering. It's not at all patchy like some similar brands can be. I feel like a lot of pinks aren't pretty (on me at least) and I hadn't really been tempted by one till this shade. I wanted something not super heavy but I still feel like this lasts decently, considering. It's also so affordable. Pinky with a hint of coral.

My only gripe is the bullet sometimes slides down while applying. That's annoying but at least it feels secure in there.

I also don't notice the smell. Well, I do, but it smells like lipstick. Nothing crazy like (regular) Loreal or Milani.

Update: Yes, I do notice the smell now. It does smell waxy and like an "unscented" lipstick smell. And it's slightly waxy to me and a little patchy but overall a decent lipstick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

i have "on the catwalk" and "wear berries".these shades are really beautiful.no complaint here.they are dirt cheap and the package looks classy and expensive.but that's all.these lipsticks come off very easily , fade into lines on the lips.the smell is nostalgic.reminds me the lipsticks that my mom had in 90s and i was playing with them in front of the mirror applying to my lips awkwardly as a child.if you are 90s child or an adult from 90s you know what i mean.

on 4/8/2015 3:10:00 PM

I just adore these lipstick! They are my favorite ones above all lipsticks that I have (and I have some very expensive too :)

They are long lasting but no drying at all. They are moisturizing on the lips. Price is very aforadable for everyone.

I have a couple shades. Matte are: 14 Adorable matt! (raspberry red), 18 Matt wanted! (wine red)-These are matte but very comfortable on the lips.

Also I have: 02 All you need is red (great bright neutral red), 03 Dare to wear (medium cool red). This lipsticks you can bild up on the lips and they are so mousturizing.

My favorite shade is 04 On the catwalk which is perfect MLBB (reddish berry with brownish undertone). I just adore this shade and wear it almost every day!

on 2/5/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

From my experience these are more or less hit or miss. I have the shades 01- Coral Calling which is a cheerful neutral coral and 02 - All You Need Is Red which will surely be my go-to bright orange-y daytime red for the upcoming spring.

The texture is gelly-balmy and they have good but not insane pigmentation which I actually prefer because of the more forgiving application. 02 glides effortlessly but 01 applies unevenly.
They feel weightless on the lips and I don't notice the scent unless I sniff the lipstick on purpose or any dryness personally.
Wear time is not long actually - around three hours - and fade evenly leaving a stain. The packaging is sturdy and doesn't look like a toy such as the previous essence lipsticks with its matte black case. There's no luxurious creaminess to the texture but they hardly cost three euros, so it's forgiven.

Edit: Bought 04 - On The Catwalk and it's the most universally flattering of the three (01 and 02 are on the bright side) 04 is a beautiful medium berry red with some warmth and satin finish. Love this one!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Wow, I love this lipstick. I have it in 08 Colour Crush. It goes on creamy but not slick. SUPER pigmented. Definitely doesn't feel or look as inexpensive as it really is. I am SO in love with all of essence's products, I'm rarely disappointed!

Edit: I love this lipstick so much that I bought it in several other colours. It's so hydrating and pigmented. My lips feel absolutely loved when I put it on!