Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

on 4/3/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has quickly become one of my favorite lipsticks. I took a chance on the shades "Oh So Matt" and "Nude Love" I thought they'd be too light & possibly make me look dead but they are really nice nudes. I prefer Nude Love because it's creamier & somewhat sheer. On my pigmented lips, it's similar to Blankety by Mac. Oh So Matt is more of a satin finish, not overly drying. I also have "Barely There" which is a darker nude-reminds me of Mac's Twig. I layer Nude Love over it for a perfect mauve lip. Natural Beauty is a little too pink for my tastes. On the Catwalk is the perfect natural looking red on me. The packaging is sleek & sturdy. The caps are flat so they can be stored upside down. For $3 I'm totally in love!

on 3/23/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time getting into the lipstick after picking it up at Ulta for a whopping $0.97. Yep. You read that right. UNDER ONE FRIGGIN' DOLLAR. How could I pass that up?
I'd heard Amelia Liana talk about Essence lipsticks before as being one of her HG drugstore products, and I'm easily sold to by these dang beauty vloggers so naturally I had to check this one out!
I purchased 07 - Natural Beauty, which is a pretty MLBB shade. When I swatched it in the car, I noticed that it was rather slick and slightly sheer, which I wasn't expecting. I put it on without a liner and just wasn't thrilled. So I threw it in my makeup drawer when I got home and forgot about it, only digging it out once in a while to swatch it again and draw the same conclusion.
But today, I decided to give it another whirl, pairing it with Rimmel's Exaggerate liner in Eastend Snob (a supposed near-dupe of Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat). And so far, it's holding up well, and looks rather pretty! It does tend to settle into lip lines, but it doesn't feather, and despite it's slightly more luminous finish, does seem rather long lasting.
I do love the color. I've been focusing on "clean" beauty lately (more natural looks, dewy skin, etc.) and this fits in perfectly with that, since the finish has a natural sort of look (hence the name).
So far, it doesn't feel drying on my lips. It's slightly hydrating, but not enough to replace a balm on dry days.
The packaging is sturdy and classy. I love that the inside of the tube and ring below the cap match the lipstick shade, with the rest of the tube left as a matte black. Nice and chic. The Essence logo is embossed on the bullet, which I always feel adds a neat, classy flair to a product.
For a couple bucks, you can't go wrong, and really, if you catch Ulta on a good day and find these for under a buck, you might as well stock up. They're not the perfect lipstick by any means, but they are affordable, pretty, and good quality.

EDIT: I take it back. By the afternoon, this lipstick drained nearly all the moisture out of my lips and left them scaly and flaking, and it seemed to morph into that hideous white scuzz on the inside of my bottom lip. I wanted to love this. Really. But no.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Someone on the message boards recommended these to me because I have so many issues with dry lips and lipstick. I was hesitant to even bother with the Essence brand due to the dirt cheap prices. I figured that they couldn't compete with my $45 lippies at such a low price.

I was wrong. These are wonderful. They are balmy, creamy, and crazy pigmented.

I own the following shades:
-Coral Calling: Warm medium bright coral just as the name suggests.
-Natural Beauty: Mauvey my-lips-but-better shade.
-Nude Love: Very light nude

I typically can't pull off nudes because of the dominant brown undertones. It always clashes with my skintone. Yet Nude Love is my favorite out of the line because it is more of a beige-based nude than a brown-based nude.

4/10/2015 edit: Essence came out with a new shade - Get The Look. I immediately knew this would be perfect for me as it is a pastel lilac (purple-y pink). The quality is up to par with the rest of this line & the shade is GORGEOUS on my coloring (nc10). What I find unique about this lipstick shade is it doesn't have the con that so many light colors do. I have very pigmented lips & although pastels look best on me, they often look "off" against my natural lip color. This somehow blends right in. I love it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've bought about 4 of these lipsticks and have to say for the price, they're freaking awesome! I love it when they restock the essense section as it goes fast! I've tried the lipsticks and nail polish so far and really impressed with the quality and price.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I watched some rave reviews on YT regarding these new longlasting lipsticks from Essence. I decided to pick on up at Ulta. These go for $2.99 and when you experience this lipstick, you think to yourself "Wow, to think I spend over $30 on a single lipstick." These are good. These are 10x better than their original lipsticks. They are moisturizing yet they don't slip and slide all over your lips. This LASTS! Way better than BITE BEAUTY lipsticks, imo. I purchased the shade Barely There. Don't let the name fool you. This isn't a nude. It is a cool toned mauve pink with a tiny hint of brown. A great MLBB shade if you have pigmented lips. The line offers a variety of shades in both cool and warm tones from bright hot pink to classic red. I highly recommend these lipsticks.